Opinion Hypothetical 2021 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Super excited about Greaves, in an unexciting way.

I can see him playing 100+ games before an opposition fan even knows his name

Yep. He seems to be one of those under the radar players who all of a sudden is hitting 100 games and only supporters of his club really rate him. He's done everything he's had to since he got his chance and certainly should keep his spot for next season.

Yep. He seems to be one of those under the radar players who all of a sudden is hitting 100 games and only supporters of his club really rate him. He's done everything he's had to since he got his chance and certainly should keep his spot for next season.
Agreed & whilst it's exciting watching a young guy with plenty of flash come in & show potential, there's just something about a player that rolls in & does his job - from Day 1.

In saying that, I'm not saying he can't end up being a damaging rebounder.

Mitchell will be right to go rnd 1 as will Breust

Do you see McEvoy starting in the ruck Round 1 or could he play as a key forward? With Hartigan, Frost and DGB likely to be the three tall defenders, surely it would be beneficial to the team if McEvoy was played in the forward half forward in what could be his final season. He’s an elite contested mark.

Do you see McEvoy starting in the ruck Round 1 or could he play as a key forward? With Hartigan, Frost and DGB likely to be the three tall defenders, surely it would be beneficial to the team if McEvoy was played in the forward half forward in what could be his final season. He’s an elite contested mark.
Think he plays. Ceglar misses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think that's a fight he'll likely win.
I think it is not as clear cut as everyone thinks. McEvoy isnt the hulk he was two seasons go. He has really slimmed down and lost a lot of his strength. I hope to see Reeves get a game or two. He is not quite ready but it will help him understand the standard. Reeves has really filled out. Im hoping to see him dominate at box hill and demand a game

Gimme a washed McEvoy over ceglar any day of the week. We forgetting McEvoy last season had 17 hit outs to advantage (most in any game last year). He should be our number 1 ruck and O’Brien or Lewis can give him a chop out in the ruck if he can’t handle a full game in there. McEvoy is a very good ruck/fwd.

You'd think that's a fight he'll likely win.
Cegs did carry a foot injury or something for part of the season. He was clearly labouring thru games at times. The big concern with him is the gap between his best and worst during games is enormous. If he can improve his consistency he will start to be valuable. Plus learning to not give frees out at the centre bounce.

Might be horses for courses a bit as BB is at the end. If we can't make the finals then Reeves might get a look in.

Cegs did carry a foot injury or something for part of the season. He was clearly labouring thru games at times. The big concern with him is the gap between his best and worst during games is enormous. If he can improve his consistency he will start to be valuable. Plus learning to not give frees out at the centre bounce.

Might be horses for courses a bit as BB is at the end. If we can't make the finals then Reeves might get a look in.
I don't think Cegs is suddenly going to change now, it's just a question of how much of his worst last year was injury related

I think it is not as clear cut as everyone thinks. McEvoy isnt the hulk he was two seasons go. He has really slimmed down and lost a lot of his strength. I hope to see Reeves get a game or two. He is not quite ready but it will help him understand the standard. Reeves has really filled out. Im hoping to see him dominate at box hill and demand a game

That would be nice to see and a big improvement on 2019 when he was the one getting dominated at Box Hill.

I don't think Cegs is suddenly going to change now, it's just a question of how much of his worst last year was injury related
He is entering his prime now and it isn't unrealistic that if he does get a good injury free run he will improve. He always seems to have niggles though so confidence levels not high at all.

He is entering his prime now and it isn't unrealistic that if he does get a good injury free run he will improve. He always seems to have niggles though so confidence levels not high at all.
Not sure cegs is going to suddenly develop aggression and a love of contact at this stage of his career. It appears if he’s first ruck it’s more likely because BB has declined. If it’s not working with cegs I wouldn’t mind us giving games to reeves.

B- Greaves Hartigan Grainger-Barras
HB- Scrimshaw Frost Impey
C- Phillips Worpel O’Meara
HF- Wingard O’Brien Bruest
F- Hardwick Lewis Gunston
R- McEvoy Cousins Mitchell
INT- Shiels Day Scully Burgoyne

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like it!

B- Greaves Hartigan Grainger-Barras
HB- Scrimshaw Frost Impey
C- Phillips Worpel O’Meara
HF- Wingard O’Brien Bruest
F- Hardwick Lewis Gunston
R- McEvoy Cousins Mitchell
INT- Shiels Day Scully Burgoyne

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I like it too.

No Morris Moore CJ Finn Ceglar Hanrahan Morrison Nash Howe Hartley as depth who have played seniors. That isn't a bad group - hopefully 4 players make it in Morris Moore CJ and Finn as they have upside whereas the others we know what they can produce and it is ok but not great.

Brooksby ruck insurance and Reeves likely a fair way off but perhaps may appear this year if he has progressed a bit.

Yet to be tested Brockman Mitchell Downie Saunders Kosi and Pepper and DGB but he has been selected in your side. Based on track reports Brockman and Downie are in the mix. This is the group that we really need to find players from. If we do the list looks much better and they will surpass the Dan Howes and Hanrahans etc who are depth players at best unless they are able to go up a level this year.

Sicily long term return. Gunston earlier. Both class. Patton a write off.

Should be a more exciting year to watch player development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back