Changes from previous side following intra-club

In: Hanrahan Cousins Howe
Out: Wingard Scrimshaw DGB

BIGHAWK23

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jesus is that’s the case I would expect 10-12 players to take a serious step this season if that was to be the case
t
Well not really
Our major issue is midfield sameness, and as much as i love Shiels, natural progression would hopefully allow guys like Finn, Cousins, Downie to take more prominent roles within the midfield, as well as the movement up from Day, Sheils perhaps becomes a second option

lyger

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2010
Source
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rolling round 1 side Post practice game vs Western Bulldogs

B: Hardwick Hartigan Frost
HB: Impey McEvoy Day
C: Phillips Worpel Morrison
HF: Moore TOB Hanrahan
F: Breust Lewis Burgoyne

R: Ceglar O'Meara Cousins

IC: Greaves Shiels Howe Downie

Emergencies: Brockman CJ Kosi DGB

Changes from previous side following intra-club

In: Hanrahan Cousins Howe
Out: Wingard Scrimshaw DGB
I only saw the last half hour of the match today. Did big boy play in defense much or rested up forward when not rucking?

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
I only saw the last half hour of the match today. Did big boy play in defense much or rested up forward when not rucking?

I missed the third quarter. Honestly I didn't really notice where he set up when he wasn't in the middle. May have even just rested on the bench. Somebody may have a more specific answer.

I missed the third quarter. Honestly I didn't really notice where he set up when he wasn't in the middle. May have even just rested on the bench. Somebody may have a more specific answer.

Very rarely, appeared to line up forward more often than back but definitely worked his way into defense a fair bit. He was back to playing the high work rate role he's best at.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Very rarely, appeared to line up forward more often than back but definitely worked his way into defense a fair bit. He was back to playing the high work rate role he's best at.

Huge chase down tackle on Bont on the wing and the turnover resulted in a Hawks goal. Your captain ladies and gentlemen.

cogs2hawks

Team Captain
Jul 30, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If Titch Scrim and Chad do get up:

FB: Scrimshaw Hartigan Hardwick
HB: Impey Frost Day
C: Phillips Mitchell Downie
HF: Wingard O’Brien Moore
FF: Burgoyne Lewis Breust
FOL: McEvoy Worpel O’Meara
IC: Ceglar Cousins Shiels Greaves
EMG: Morrison Hanrahan Howe Jiath

If they don’t get up:

FB: Hardwick Hartigan Greaves
HB: Impey Frost Day
C: Phillips Worpel Downie
HF: Hanrahan O’Brien Moore
FF: Burgoyne Lewis Breust
FOL: McEvoy O’Meara Shiels
IC: Ceglar Cousins Morrison Jiath
EMG: Howe Koschitzke DGB Brockman

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 6, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
If there is no Wingard, Mitchell, Gunston, Sicily and Scrimshaw as expected:

Hardwick - Hartigan - Impey
Day - Frost - Greaves

Big Boy - Worpel - JOM
Phillips - Cousins - Downie

Moore - Kosi/Jeka - TOB
Breust - Lewis - Brockman

DGB - Shiels - Ceglar - Burgoyne
For a second there I thought you were channeling your inner Clarko and naming Big Boy on the wing!

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With the outs we expect:

Day - Frost - Greaves

Big Boy - JOM - Worpel
Philips - Howe - Downie

Moore - Kosi - TOB
Breust - Lewis - Burgoyne

DGB - Cuz - Ceglar - Brockman

If they play

Day - Frost - Scrimshaw

Big Boy - Titch - Worpel
Phillips - Howe - Downie

Moore - Wingard - TOB

JOM - Cuz - Ceglar - Greaves

This season we seem to have a heap of competition for quite a few roles which is exciting.
For me Howe gets the spot in the midfield over Shiels/Cuz due to his size difference and tagging capabilities.
Downie is paying 1.15 to start now, seemed like an experienced body out there today- unbelievably excited to see what he can do.
JOM starting on the bench in the if they play team is purely due to his versatility- him or Howe are interchangeable for the first bounce.
DGB/Brockman (Burgers getting the nod over Brockman early due to experience in the position, but by the seasons end Brockman will be in for him) will be in the side real quick I reckon- with Morris not far off either.
After watching the ressies game today I think we'll see Reeves a lot earlier than expected.

t
Well not really
Our major issue is midfield sameness, and as much as i love Shiels, natural progression would hopefully allow guys like Finn, Cousins, Downie to take more prominent roles within the midfield, as well as the movement up from Day, Sheils perhaps becomes a second option
You’d hope Shiels has another 3-4 years to go. He’s only 29. Last year wasn’t great but the training reports and intra clubs have him back to one of our best.

If he’s being pushed out, it would mean we’ve got some absolute guns bashing the door down. Considering where we are as a club, that seems unlikely; but bring it on if we do.

With the outs we expect:

Day - Frost - Greaves

Big Boy - JOM - Worpel
Philips - Howe - Downie

Moore - Kosi - TOB

DGB - Cuz - Ceglar - Brockman

If they play

Day - Frost - Scrimshaw

Big Boy - Titch - Worpel
Phillips - Howe - Downie

Moore - Wingard - TOB

JOM - Cuz - Ceglar - Greaves

This season we seem to have a heap of competition for quite a few roles which is exciting.
For me Howe gets the spot in the midfield over Shiels/Cuz due to his size difference and tagging capabilities.
Downie is paying 1.15 to start now, seemed like an experienced body out there today- unbelievably excited to see what he can do.
JOM starting on the bench in the if they play team is purely due to his versatility- him or Howe are interchangeable for the first bounce.
DGB/Brockman (Burgers getting the nod over Brockman early due to experience in the position, but by the seasons end Brockman will be in for him) will be in the side real quick I reckon- with Morris not far off either.
After watching the ressies game today I think we'll see Reeves a lot earlier than expected.

I didn't catch as much of the seconds game, but I did hear Morris' name called a lot (although that may have been because he was one of the few hawk players that the commentators seemed to know). Interested to hear how others saw him today.

You’d hope Shiels has another 3-4 years to go. He’s only 29. Last year wasn’t great but the training reports and intra clubs have him back to one of our best.

If he’s being pushed out, it would mean we’ve got some absolute guns bashing the door down. Considering where we are as a club, that seems unlikely; but bring it on if we do.

I agree Mercy Seat.... I don't get the Shiels-hate.
He has never been a superstar.... but always goes when it's his turn... hard body and rides the bumps
Let's see how this year goes I guess..

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I didn't catch as much of the seconds game, but I did hear Morris' name called a lot (although that may have been because he was one of the few hawk players that the commentators seemed to know). Interested to hear how others saw him today.
Tbh he looked a lot leaner/taller than I remembered. He had patches where he was quiet but given the amount of entries we had he played a large role in getting it in/what happened when it was in. Good marking target and some nice tackles too- I can see why we went for him, if his tank has improved I can see him pushing for more senior game time this year.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think we will see Cuz and Worps emerge into the driving force in our midfield this year. Will go past JOM and Tom.
Tom Mitchell is a brownlow winner, Cousins is fringe best 22, that’s a big call!

But I share the sentiment that we need a step up from the next tier. My hope is that we’ll find O’meara a bit more space around the wing/half forward line. If he and Wingard both find career-best form, we can challenge anyone

Round 1

B: Hardwick, Hartigan, Impey

HB: Greaves, Frost, Morrison

C: Day, Mitchell, Phillips

HF: Moore, O’Brien, Burgoyne

F: Hanrahan, Lewis, Breust

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Shiels, Ceglar, Cousins, Downie

EMG: Howe, Jiath, Grainger-Barras, Brockman

Round 1

B: Hardwick, Hartigan, Impey

HB: Greaves, Frost, Morrison

C: Day, Mitchell, Phillips

HF: Moore, O’Brien, Burgoyne

F: Hanrahan, Lewis, Breust

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Shiels, Ceglar, Cousins, Downie

EMG: Howe, Jiath, Grainger-Barras, Brockman
Mitchell won't play round 1. Apart from that, swapping Day and Morrison around and it looks good.

Back