Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
We saw how Hudds survived in the EPL despite being under resourced. How would the Socceroos go: would they survive? comparison made easier because Mooy is integral to both teams

In the same vein how would Man City go in the world cup?

premiseis its squad strength and managerial nouse not the fact the club teams train together on a daily basis

Someone post the Australian best XI and then that of the bottom 5 PL teams. It'd be somewhere in that range I'm thinking

Look at our squad and the clubs they are at

GK: 1 in PL + 1 at Feyenoord who'd be comparable to a low EPL club
Def: Bursaspor are low EPL at best, Grasshoppers, Millwall, NK Lokomotiva, WSW & J and K League sides
Mid: 1 in the EPL, 1 Celtic which is low EPL at best, 3 championship clubs, 3 A-league & 1 Saudi
Fwd: Luzern & Hertha, 1 championship (can't get a game), 1 Israel & 1 K League

Yep I'm convinced that side would be lucky to get 20 points

Look at our squad and the clubs they are at

GK: 1 in PL + 1 at Feyenoord who'd be comparable to a low EPL club
Def: Bursaspor are low EPL at best, Grasshoppers, Millwall, NK Lokomotiva, WSW & J and K League sides
Mid: 1 in the EPL, 1 Celtic which is low EPL at best, 3 championship clubs, 3 A-league & 1 Saudi
Fwd: Luzern & Hertha, 1 championship (can't get a game), 1 Israel & 1 K League

Yep I'm convinced that side would be lucky to get 20 points
Jedinak has been playing CB for villa and has apparently been great there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so 1 less championship level mid but 1 more championship level defender
Is he a championship level mid? He was pushed out of a PL side by an idiot.

Also people who use the "but he plays for this club" argument are stupid. Germany's starting LB and one of their best GK's are going to be in the 2nd division of German football next season. It doesn't mean they're s**t. Darijo Srna has played for Shatkhar Donetsk most of his career (and this is before they became known) but it doesn't mean he was ever s**t. It's a flogs excuse to use.

Is he a championship level mid? He was pushed out of a PL side by an idiot.
When he was pushed out how many EPL clubs did Villa have to beat to get his signature?

Even if you count Jedinak as PL quality that would be 6-8 max I'd say who'd cut it

Hudds and Australia are very similar even after having Mooy there

Not particularly impressive find it very very hard to score sometimes even when they have a team on the ropes as it were. Somehow do just enough to achieve minor success

Remove this Banner Ad

Back