Hypothetical: Next Collingwood coach? (Think this is disrespectful? OK, OK, we get it)

Is this thread out of line?

• This is embarrassing, we should all be supporting Buckley.

• Buckley won't be coach forever, let's have an adult conversation about his replacement

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it's a classic alright. Love a good mafia film. I recently finished the book iceman about Richard Kuklinski. The movie is worth a look if you haven't seen it.
Must do so then

Head Coach: Brett Ratten
Defence: Rohan Smith
Mids: ?
Fwds: Brenton Sanderson (only as he is contracted
Ruck: ?
Development: Brendon McCartney and Luke Hodge
Keep Gotch on
Keep Rivers VFL

Head Coach: Brett Ratten
Defence: Rohan Smith
Mids: ?
Fwds: Brenton Sanderson (only as he is contracted
Ruck: ?
Development: Brendon McCartney and Luke Hodge
Keep Gotch on
Keep Rivers VFL

I can't see how Rivers is safe. I think putting an ex player into the position after just 1 year in a coaching apprenticeship was very premature.

The VFL is very much responsible for grooming young players into being AFL ready, and here we are with a rookie coach with next to zero coaching experience. I'd much rather see us employ another Ayres/Tapping type, or perhaps see if there are any former AFL coaches who would be willing to take on the gig. Rocket, come on down.

I can't see how Rivers is safe. I think putting an ex player into the position after just 1 year in a coaching apprenticeship was very premature.

The VFL is very much responsible for grooming young players into being AFL ready, and here we are with a rookie coach with next to zero coaching experience. I'd much rather see us employ another Ayres/Tapping type, or perhaps see if there are any former AFL coaches who would be willing to take on the gig. Rocket, come on down.
Sounds good to me

I can't find it for the life of me but remember reading in the off season about a new metric that predicts rise and fall of clubs. Something to do with how many games/seasons the team has played together. Predicted the rise of the doggies etc. Had us bottom 4 in 2017 if I remember correctly. Seems to have been proven right to a degree. If anyone can find the article that would be great. By their measure Bucks is ahead of the curve.

Brett Ratten.
Did not a bad job with the putrid list that was Carltank.
Now several years at the premier club of the last half decade.
From what I understand though, Collingwood will only "appoint a current senior coach" to replace the car crash that was the Captains pick.
So there isn't much to choose from. Which is exactly what the Captain wants.

I can't find it for the life of me but remember reading in the off season about a new metric that predicts rise and fall of clubs. Something to do with how many games/seasons the team has played together. Predicted the rise of the doggies etc. Had us bottom 4 in 2017 if I remember correctly. Seems to have been proven right to a degree. If anyone can find the article that would be great. By their measure Bucks is ahead of the curve.

We had a thread on here.

It predicted the Tigers and Melbourne improving.........it did predict us sliding you're correct.

If I knew how to find it I would bump it for you.......very interesting theory/model.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a thread on here.

It predicted the Tigers and Melbourne improving.........it did predict us sliding you're correct.

If I knew how to find it I would bump it for you.......very interesting theory/model.
You are probably right about the thread. I think people underestimate the importance of team chemistry. We haven't had any the last four years. Only now do we see a slight resemblance of team cohesion. Sadly I think the hard work would have been done for someone else to step in and reap the rewards.

Is it in this thread?

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/why-are-we-1-4-a-snapshot-of-our-last-5-off-seasons.1164041/

Rattan, Williams or McCartney. Eade not so much. Equally, I'd like all 3 added as assistants for 2018 if they opt to re-sign Bucks.
If we were to keep Nathan this would look a good scenario; if there is one thing that worries about bucks is his supposed stubbornness to coach one way my way or the highway. If that is true as voiced by Ben Hart then no amount of panel change ups will improve our situation if he stays on

Gold, it's just gold.

One of the greatest ever movie dialogues.

A lot of it was improvised.

Like the scene with them eating at the mothers, with the Jimmy Conway charcuterie saying "a hoof"

To get on track for the thread.

Who cares about the coach, it's such a bore.

Nathan will coach a few more years yet, till then everyone called bing can go....

I thought I told you to go...
It's all in the delivery!

Next coach - buckley of course.

I do laugh at the occasional comment that we should bring in high quality people such as Ratten, Caracella etc to be Buckley's assistants. Anyone ever thought that it would be an insult to offer these more credentialed dudes an assistant role under Buckley?

Back