List Mgmt. Hypothetical trades and wishlists thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
id love to see us go after our next Gunston.

- a player we highly rated at TAC level but couldn't pick up in the draft;
- a player under 21 who is yet to reveal their true value;
- for whom we paid unders
- who won't get all the headlines during trade week
- who is not leaving for money

win. win, win, win, win.........

We paid a bit for gunston pickwise. And whilst hes fantastic we clearly need "elite" talent not strong potential

I am interested in Aaron Hall who is out of contract. I think he Is potentially a very damaging role player who carries the footy and can erupt for purple patches in games. Don't think he would be exorbitant in contract or trade as there are some obvious weaknesses in his game and the suns are a shower of s**t.

I dont mind that suggestion at all. Would provide great run through the mid next to JOM and TM... not sure GC would be willing to let him go though? And would im guessing fit into our salary structure pretty well.
G

true, in saying that clarkson has said from the start of the year we will be active players, there plenty of cap space$$ lewis,hodge,gibbo. maybe we have been playing schoey,duryea,hartung to try and increase there value, i do agree breust is prob only player other teams will look at he the best currency, maybe stratt?

Personally I would like to front-end all our big contracts in 2018-2019 when we aren't contending and go hard for free agents at end of the 2019 season. If you can snag two A-graders plus get 2 years development into the current list you are looking at a side that can seriously contend. Mitchell, O'Meara, Burton, Sicily, Howe, Obrien, Hardwick, Hartung, Lovell, Glass, Nash will all be 22-26 (with 50-150 games) and hopefully at their prime. McEvoy Gunston Smith Bruest Rioli Frawley Shiels Ceglar will all still be contributing. Add to that - in a best case scenario - Conigilio and Wingard (who will both be free agents in 2019). Plus we will have had 2 drafts to have brought in additional talent with presumably low draft picks (speculatively 2 x pick 5's, 3 x pick 23's and 3 x pick 41's). Thats a stack of development and talent injection. I am more than happy to "sit out" the next 2 seasons if we can hit the 2020 as serious contenders.

Didn't know anywhere else to post this but this could be an interesting move from the club

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/7e33911aeb5d1884779e9fb17ab6b005

Mason Cox weighing up future with Collingwood as Hawthorn and Richmond eye big man

JAY CLARK, Herald Sun

15 minutes ago

Subscriber only

COLLINGWOOD could face a fight to keep Mason Cox as rivals circle the 211cm big man.

Hawthorn and Richmond are both believed to have an interest in the American to help bolster their ruck-forward stocks.

The Magpies have offered Cox a two-year deal and are confident he will continue to develop rapidly at the club after 17 goals from 11 games last season.

But Cox, 26, is eager for more senior game time and faces a big decision on whether to pursue a No.1 ruck-forward role at another club next year.

It means Cox will likely assess his trade options in the coming weeks as the Hawks and Tigers scour the player market for versatile talls.

Cox struggled to have an impact in the early part of the season as a key forward but has shown encouraging form in the ruck during Grundy’s suspension over the past fortnight.

The former American basketballer had 43 hit-outs, eight tackles, nine possessions and six marks in their 11-point loss to Geelong on Saturday at the MCG in one of the best games of his 19-match career.

But Grundy will resume the lead ruck role this weekend and has signed a $625,000 a year contract offer to lead the Magpies’ midfield until the end of 2020.

The Pies can ill-afford to lose Cox after fighting off rival interest to secure him with pick 60 in the 2015 rookie draft.

Hawthorn re-signed senior ruckman Ben McEvoy, 28, last week but the club’s back-up ruck options are led by out-of-favour ex-Tiger Tyrone Vickery, knee victim Jon Ceglar and rookie Jack Fitzpatrick.

Didn't know anywhere else to post this but this could be an interesting move from the club

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/7e33911aeb5d1884779e9fb17ab6b005

Mason Cox weighing up future with Collingwood as Hawthorn and Richmond eye big man

Hawthorn re-signed senior ruckman Ben McEvoy, 28, last week but the club’s back-up ruck options are led by out-of-favour ex-Tiger Tyrone Vickery, knee victim Jon Ceglar and rookie Jack Fitzpatrick.

If Vickery can't get a game over this bloke he seriously should send Jake King over to sort out Clarko!

Hopefully just Jay Clark making up stuff again.

On the mobile players - definitely.

I think he's below par on the 200cm talls who mark above their heads, but that's what we have Brand for.

Frawley is & has proven very effective against Franko, Kennedy, Walker & Porkins (from memory). Not sure but I reckon he'd do well on Cameron as well.
Our best match up for a Dangerfield/ Dusty type.

id love to see us go after our next Gunston.

- a player we highly rated at TAC level but couldn't pick up in the draft;
- a player under 21 who is yet to reveal their true value;
- for whom we paid unders
- who won't get all the headlines during trade week
- who is not leaving for money

win. win, win, win, win.........

A.francis ?

A BIG fat NO to that talentless hack COX! WTF Hawthorn, W. T. F???? Are we just looking to trade for trading sake or is there a big man clean out coming.
Fitzy...... Retired
Mcevoy..... Re-signed
That leaves Vickery, TOB, Pitta, Cegs and Schoey, said a few days ago and I'll say it again, couple of the big guys are Gonski!

Personally I would like to front-end all our big contracts in 2018-2019 when we aren't contending and go hard for free agents at end of the 2019 season. If you can snag two A-graders plus get 2 years development into the current list you are looking at a side that can seriously contend. Mitchell, O'Meara, Burton, Sicily, Howe, Obrien, Hardwick, Hartung, Lovell, Glass, Nash will all be 22-26 (with 50-150 games) and hopefully at their prime. McEvoy Gunston Smith Bruest Rioli Frawley Shiels Ceglar will all still be contributing. Add to that - in a best case scenario - Conigilio and Wingard (who will both be free agents in 2019). Plus we will have had 2 drafts to have brought in additional talent with presumably low draft picks (speculatively 2 x pick 5's, 3 x pick 23's and 3 x pick 41's). Thats a stack of development and talent injection. I am more than happy to "sit out" the next 2 seasons if we can hit the 2020 as serious contenders.

Yea I agree I think we can contend in 2019 if we have a strong off season there enough talent around to pick up a chb and another mid... if we get 22 games out of jom & cyril the next few years it will make a huge difference and create a huge snowball affect on the team. Eg Breust & smith had a lot of work put into them this yr.
The first step is trying to resign sicily..
It will be massive to keep sicily burton tob and howe all together.
Not sold on the others just yet!

Yea I agree I think we can contend in 2019 if we have a strong off season there enough talent around to pick up a chb and another mid... if we get 22 games out of jom & cyril the next few years it will make a huge difference and create a huge snowball affect on the team. Eg Breust & smith had a lot of work put into them this yr.
Not sold on TOB myself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit harsh on Hardwick think he's shown more that TOB!

I wish we could get Bevo and Horse as assistant coaches next year, because then we'd have 4 coty awards equating to 2 premierships,:p:D working for a coach without a coty award, but 4 premierships!:( Sound strange? Well the world of AFL is very strange, but not very transparent.:rainbow:

Possible trades

Billy Hartung for Shane Savage.

Savage is an elite kick who can break the lines of the back flank, he's currently out of contract and knows the Hawthorn system.

Taylor Duryea for Aaron Young.

Young is a goal kicking midfielder, who has fallen out of favour at Port, currently out of contract and may seek a trade back to Victoria.

Thoughts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Possible trades

Savage is an elite kick who can break the lines of the back flank, he's currently out of contract and knows the Hawthorn system.

Young is a goal kicking midfielder, who has fallen out of favour at Port, currently out of contract and may seek a trade back to Victoria.

Thoughts.

Duryea is a free agent - he won't feature in a trade.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Frost from Dees is a good target for defence and can't get a game at the minute
Ideal for the Camerons, Danihers and Franklins of the world with his pace and height.

I bet you Adelaide would have preferred it was Frost chasing Franklin down the wing on Friday night, as soon as Franklin fumbled Frost would have been all over him.

Possible trades

Thoughts.

Sorry but is this for laughs?

So we should going hard at Hopper, exact type of player we need and still young and developing.

Puopolo linked to GWS would mean he'd be part of the trade but obviously with Kelly out the door GWS will be fighting pretty hard to not lose another mid or at least trade one in. Would likely need a third club involved to make anything happen.

If we can get a third club involved we should be able to make it happen...

Hawks get Hopper
Giants get Puopolo, West coast 1st rounder
Eagles get Birchall

I'm sure this is biased and it's obviously unrealistic since it lacks a swap of later picks. For mine, Birchall is still a valuable player given the drive he offers or of defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back