List Mgmt. Hypothetical trades and wishlists thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the club probably has its list of players they will build their next assault with. Mitchel, O'Meara, Burton, Brand, Hardwick, and maybe a few others. They would also need some of our experienced players to be around while building like Cyril, Birch, as examples, then there would be the developing youngsters who we would hope step up, and we have seen some of them this year. Pitto, Glass, Cousins, Morrison, Hanrihan etc.
Then there will be the shopping list.

I can't name names, but I believe we are in for a most interesting trade and draft perior, and personally I hope we can pluck a couple from out academy and father/son group. What I do know is some of us will not agree with some decisions and will be disappointed.

The negative nancies here will have a ball.:'(
It's weird but my faith in some of our younger players is why I think it's time to trade out players. For me there is optimism in advocating this course of action.

Bit harsh on Hardwick think he's shown more that TOB!

sorry chief i forgot hardwick, i love hardwick very honest reliable performer each wk, swap those 2 around :)

i agree tob,shoey are just breaking par, not consistent enough to be holding down chf we have another dud in vickery in that spot 2. cant sustain all 3 on a list.

It's weird but my faith in some of our younger players is why I think it's time to trade out players. For me there is optimism in advocating this course of action.

Well, I had the same thoughts ORA, the trying to get some handle on what is going on inside Clarko's head, the idea of keeping, Cyril. Birch., Stratts, and Frawley away from footy for the best part of a season could be the way to reinvent their hunger for more success. We say a player should look for another club to get the best out of themselves, well, is this another option.

When you think about it, Birch, Stratts, and Chip will be fighting the likes of Brand, Burton, Hardwick, Sicily, and maybe Morrison, or they will all be together in a very impressive back six.

Hardwick, Brand, Stratts
Burton, Chip, Birch.

I really have no idea how we will go next season, and I am not looking forward to a jump up, but more of a consolidating year where we asses where we are at.

T

Billy Hartung for Shane Savage.

Taylor Duryea for Aaron Young.

Billy Hartung is only one of two elite gut runners we have on our list. Look at how our entries inside forward 50 have suffered without the underrated Brad Hill. We'd be crazy to offload Hartung! Yes, he's not Luke Hodge with his attack on the pill and makes the odd clangers. But he's still a kid in terms of football age and learning. Shane Savage is a booming long kick but still a bit of a panic footballer under pressure. He's played enough games now to know that isn't changing. Billy stays and I'd leave Savage where he is too.

Doc is a free agent. If he leaves it will be for nothing. I hate playing him forward because aside from a single game he's done very little up there but kinda plug a hole. I'd offer Doc a new contract, but he'd be getting what he's paid now or he can look for a new home...which i suspect he's going to do anyway. I really hoped he was the Guerra replacement and early days he looked that type of player. But he's just not really come on any further the last 18 months.

But he can. Probably won't, but he can.

That would only happen in a Dangerfield scenario where he wanted to ensure Adelaide weren't screwed like we were with Franklin. Someone like Duryea won't be in that realm. If Duryea goes he'll be going freely and we'll end up with a fairly mediocre compensation pick.

Well, I had the same thoughts ORA, the trying to get some handle on what is going on inside Clarko's head, the idea of keeping, Cyril. Birch., Stratts, and Frawley away from footy for the best part of a season could be the way to reinvent their hunger for more success. We say a player should look for another club to get the best out of themselves, well, is this another option.

When you think about it, Birch, Stratts, and Chip will be fighting the likes of Brand, Burton, Hardwick, Sicily, and maybe Morrison, or they will all be together in a very impressive back six.

Hardwick, Brand, Stratts
Burton, Chip, Birch.

I really have no idea how we will go next season, and I am not looking forward to a jump up, but more of a consolidating year where we asses where we are at.

T

I'd hazard a guess that Clarko wanted to know if our 2nd tier could adaqutely compete for which we have found out they can. The 2nd tier isn't brilliant but it's something to work with, and this 2nd tier is much much younger so some organic growth is to be expected.

What this season has shown Clarko is we can survive without those guys, and perhaps moving them on is a win/win for all involved.

Birch
Chip
Stratton
Punky
Gunno
Pop

All those guys should be available for the right price, no reason we couldn't package up these guys to get our list younger and more elite.

I'd hazard a guess that Clarko wanted to know if our 2nd tier could adaqutely compete for which we have found out they can. The 2nd tier isn't brilliant but it's something to work with, and this 2nd tier is much much younger so some organic growth is to be expected.

What this season has shown Clarko is we can survive without those guys, and perhaps moving them on is a win/win for all involved.

Birch
Chip
Stratton
Punky
Gunno
Pop

All those guys should be available for the right price, no reason we couldn't package up these guys to get our list younger and more elite.

I have no idea which direction the club will take, but which ever it is they will have my full support as they have had for the past 70 years. However, I know there will be some, maybe many who will be critical and even offensive here on Big Footy.

Well if you think it's too hot for you, it might be a good time to take long service leave - see where we are this time next, then think about what you post, before you post.

I'd hazard a guess that Clarko wanted to know if our 2nd tier could adaqutely compete for which we have found out they can.

They've been competitive for 8 weeks, but look to have hit the wall (sat night a piss poor showing)
I'm not convinced our 2nd tier can sustain a whole season

If guys like Stratts, Birch, Poppy etc can find a "Lewis type" deal, I'd be ok with it, so long as it also helps us, not like last year
Guys like Gunston and Breust we can't afford to let go (thankfully they don't want out anyway, and are contracted)

I have no idea which direction the club will take, but which ever it is they will have my full support as they have had for the past 70 years. However, I know there will be some, maybe many who will be critical and even offensive here on Big Footy.

Well if you think it's too hot for you, it might be a good time to take long service leave - see where we are this time next, then think about what you post, before you post.
What was wrong with tige's post?

I'm not sure if you're aiming the last few lines at me, however I am all for change.

They've been competitive for 8 weeks, but look to have hit the wall (sat night a piss poor showing)
I'm not convinced our 2nd tier can sustain a whole season

If guys like Stratts, Birch, Poppy etc can find a "Lewis type" deal, I'd be ok with it, so long as it also helps us, not like last year
Guys like Gunston and Breust we can't afford to let go (thankfully they don't want out anyway, and are contracted)

100% spot on.. The Lewis and Mitchell deals did absolutely nothing to help us, in fact they have hindered us. We could have very well kept Sam, left Vickery out of the equation and had Tom partner with Sam for a season and learn the inside outs of the club, could have done similar with Lewis if Sam really wanted to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% spot on.. The Lewis and Mitchell deals did absolutely nothing to help us, in fact they have hindered us. We could have very well kept Sam, left Vickery out of the equation and had Tom partner with Sam for a season and learn the inside outs of the club, could have done similar with Lewis if Sam really wanted to go.

Except Vickery had nothing to do with why Sam and Jordan departed - he was insurance for Roughy. Thankfully we didn't need it.

Sam AND Lewis' leaving smelled a bit of mismanagement to be honest. I would have rather kept Lewis and lost Sam to be fair though. The one good that has come out of both of those guys leaving is that the midfield has opened up; we've had to put kids in there that we've told to sink or swim and for the most part they've decided to swim. We could have still done that and kept Lewis because he can play forward and back better than Sammy could.

Sam AND Lewis' leaving smelled a bit of mismanagement to be honest. I would have rather kept Lewis and lost Sam to be fair though. The one good that has come out of both of those guys leaving is that the midfield has opened up; we've had to put kids in there that we've told to sink or swim and for the most part they've decided to swim. We could have still done that and kept Lewis because he can play forward and back better than Sammy could.

Jordan staying wouldn't have had us any closer to a flag and would have likely cost someone like Howe or Hardwick gametime. In retrospect I am more and more comfortable - albeit still disappointed on a sentimental level with Sam's departure, with the moves as it inadvertently advanced our development of players when injuries occurred. Not the desired outcome at the time of the trades but it all worked out in the end.

Except Vickery had nothing to do with why Sam and Jordan departed - he was insurance for Roughy. Thankfully we didn't need it.

500k is a lot of money for insurance... Who ever is advising our football department must be 90c short of $1 if that's the case, BAD BUSINESS.

The two aren't related to each other, we would have got Vickery either way had Lewis or Mitchell stayed.
It was the right call last year regarding Sam and Lewis. It hasn't hindered us at all. What was Sam going to teach Mitchell, he's already had the best season to date. The fact is it was sink or swim for our net tier. Keeping Sam or Lewis for another year was just going to delay the inevitable and take the spot of a youngster that needed game time.

Listen, to be honest I never liked Jordan so I could care less that he is gone, that's just my opinion. But I absolutely understand your point and agree with it somewhat in terms of a football sense, I think there has been some benefits from what has happened though.

The two aren't related to each other, we would have got Vickery either way had Lewis or Mitchell stayed.
It was the right call last year. It hasn't hindered us at all. What was Sam going to teach Mitchell, he's already had the best season to date. The fact is it was sink or swim for our net tier. Keeping Sam or Lewis for another year was just going to delay the inevitable and take the spot of a youngster that needed game time.

Double edged sword isn't it.. Theres arguments for and against, I'm not passionate about either side.

While that s true, you have to wonder if Howe's development would have been stagnated by that. I agree that from a transaction sense (the picks we got) the deals did nothing to help us, but internally it might have.

500k is a lot of money for insurance... Who ever is advising our football department must be 90c short of $1 if that's the case, BAD BUSINESS.

Again - $500,000 is a slightly above-par contract these days. It sounds like a lot of money to people who don't earn $500,000 a year - but in modern footy terms it isn't putting him in the top echelon of players in 2017. Are we paying overs based on the returns - yes. But that's hindsight talking.

Jordan staying wouldn't have had us any closer to a flag and would have likely cost someone like Howe or Hardwick gametime. In retrospect I am more and more comfortable - albeit still disappointed on a sentimental level with Sam's departure, with the moves as it inadvertently advanced our development of players when injuries occurred. Not the desired outcome at the time of the trades but it all worked out in the end.

It was more to the point that Lewis could play other roles and vacate the midfield a bit better than Sammy could, he was less versatile.

Double edged sword isn't it.. Theres arguments for and against, I'm not passionate about either side.

I'm firmly in the "for" department. The only dislike I have is Mitch not finishing up in our colors. But in terms of our football club, it was impossible to carry all of Mitch Lewis Hodge and Burgoyne for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back