Prediction Hypothetical trades, other clubs moves, draft smokies, salary guesswork and whatever else thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok we only get one more day of this fun. Putting together the McEvoy rumour from last night, Wright’s comments today about a big GWS deal, GWS dumping salary and GWS needing a ruckman...

- GWS get pick 9 and Essendon 2019 R1 for Shiel

- Hawks get Essendon 2019 R1 for McEvoy

- Hawks ontrade Essendon 2019 R1 and our own 2019 R1 to GC

- Hawks get May

Steak knives etc as GWS probably lose out but they may be desperate for a ruck and we still have Ceglar. Maybe we pay some McEvoy salary to balance it out

Ok we only get one more day of this fun. Putting together the McEvoy rumour from last night, Wright’s comments today about a big GWS deal, GWS dumping salary and GWS needing a ruckman...

- GWS get pick 9 and Essendon 2019 R1 for Shiel

- Hawks get Essendon 2019 R1 for McEvoy

- Hawks ontrade Essendon 2019 R1 and our own 2019 R1 to GC

- Hawks get May

Steak knives etc as GWS probably lose out but they may be desperate for a ruck and we still have Ceglar. Maybe we pay some McEvoy salary to balance it out
A future 3rd would need to come to us. Perhaps we add the Dogs future 4th for a future 3rd as we don’t have a future 3rd therefore we can’t trade our future 1st

Hawthorn Big Potential Outs:
Ceglar
McEvoy
Burton
2018 Rd1
2019 Rd1

Big potential ins:
Wingard

I reckon we still have 800k if we swap Burton for Wingard.

Given Wright’s interview, I wouldn’t be surprised if GWS uses us to ransom Essendon for two Rd1 picks.

Ie:
Give us two Rd1 picks for Shiel, or we’ll clear cap by trading Patton to Hawks, and keep Shiel.

Your call Bombers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking that Burton will stay.

Port get this & next years firsts for Wingard & send back a future second.

Hawks trade Cegs or BB to GWS or GC along with a salary incentive & the future second for a first rd pick this year... 14 -19 or a future first.

Gives us a full compliment of picks outside the first rd this year & a full draft next year to play with.
Also keeping in front of the use of a first rd selection clause for every 4 years.

Wingard
Scully
Scrimshaw

Patton*** I’d like to see him in there somehow. Just to get the Giants under the cap & stitch up the Bombers.

Imagine if Hawks swooped on Dylan Shiel.

Future 1st, Pick 53 & Ceglar for Dylan Shiel
We helped make sure GWS could either get the two firsts they wanted or keep him.
Don't think we will be trying to buy back i to that trade after improving their position

Think Dodoro has met his match and may have to back down and deliver next years first. :D

GWS have pick 6 and enough space to keep Shiel so no reason for them to roll over. Bombers missing out on a player who has nominated them would be a terrible look, as they have the trade currency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been focused on the Hawks and am now catching up on other news.

What's the go with Hogan...why would a player leave Melbourne for Fremantle and why was it off and then on?

I know I can read articles but would love your takes.

I wouldn’t be opposed to the Hawks trading next years first round pick for a couple of picks in the twenties for this years draft.

Hypothetically we have around pick 14 next year and swap for WC picks 20 and 22 this year.

We come out ahead on points (decent indicator of odds of getting a good player). This years draft supposedly better. Makes it pointless for GWS to match a Cogs offer next year.

Essentially, we’d be having a punt with WC. We go decent next year, we win. We flop in 2019, they could win...

I wouldn’t be opposed to the Hawks trading next years first round pick for a couple of picks in the twenties for this years draft.

Hypothetically we have around pick 14 next year and swap for WC picks 20 and 22 this year.

We come out ahead on points (decent indicator of odds of getting a good player). This years draft supposedly better. Makes it pointless for GWS to match a Cogs offer next year.

Essentially, we’d be having a punt with WC. We go decent next year, we win. We flop in 2019, they could win...

We won't trade that. We'd want to keep our options open. If we don't trade our 1st then for someone next year then we'd want to tick off the AFLs requirement for 2x 1st round picks in every 4 year block. Next year is the start of the 2019-2022 block and we'd want to get ahead of the game in that regard if we don't pick up a star next year. similarly in the way we went about 2015. Ticked off the AFLs requirements with Burton & Lovell in the first round.

We won't trade that. We'd want to keep our options open. If we don't trade our 1st then for someone next year then we'd want to tick off the AFLs requirement for 2x 1st round picks in every 4 year block. Next year is the start of the 2019-2022 block and we'd want to get ahead of the game in that regard if we don't pick up a star next year. similarly in the way we went about 2015. Ticked off the AFLs requirements with Burton & Lovell in the first round.

And amazingly none of them will probably remain at the club in 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back