Portfolio Hyundai A-League - A Zooper Dooper Portfolio

Zooper Dooper

Senior List
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton
The defunct Singapore Lions & Brunei Wasps from the old Malaysian League.

The defunct IFC Perth Kangaroos and the Darwin Cubs from the old Singapore League.

Or how about on a tangent, do up the State teams? ;)
I really like where this is headed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zooper Dooper

Senior List
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
It's outdated, I think that's all it is Classic logo otherwise! But the new bird is more modern and sleeker.
I'm with you in that regard, it's just for some reason the older logo screams "PHOENIX" more than the current. And the older one just has that sense of nostalgia with it for me, Marco Rojas being one of those nostalgic elements.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Zooper Dooper

Senior List
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
My second phase of edits are done. In my opinion, the shorts look a lot better. Expect the expansion teams to be rolling out soon.

Zooper Dooper

Senior List
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
North Queensland Fury (Expansion)
After a ten year absence (that makes me feel old) they're finally back. With the new North Queensland Stadium complete, there was one big gaping hole in North Queensland during the summer months, no Rugby League so the FFA decided it's now or never. Henceforth the Fury are back from the dead. Being the next Queensland team alongside the Roar, they've already caused some panic for the team further south. With former Fury marquee and Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler being Brisbane's manager, multiple whispers have circulated around the Australian Football landscape, where will Fowler go? Only time will tell. But in the meantime, the Fury are back!
North Queensland Fury.png

Side Note: I have a small attachment to the Fury. In their first season, I was a collector of Select's A-League cards, and during that season I obtained Robbie Fowler's signature card. It's a small thing, but it means a lot to many of us, who all believe the Fury should be back.
Fowler1.jpg
Fowler2.jpg

Last edited:

Zooper Dooper

Senior List
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne City
From being the new kids on the block to the noisy neighbours who own the City, it hasn't been an easy road for the Red half of Melbourne. From being broke to then bailed out by the City Football Group, the recent years have been a great success. Consecutive Finals appearances and an FFA Cup, delivered by the amazing John van 't Schip, you may assume City is on the way up. But, crowd numbers have lowered since their rocky years as the Heart, and following the even worse years of Warren Joyce, you'd be forgiven for thinking City has a struggling identity, is it an Australian Manchester City or Sydney FC wannabees? Following the successful year of Frenchman Erick Mombaerts City Football Group went for a small overhaul, bringing the club back to its roots! The Heart of Melbourne City has returned, Melbourne is once again Red & White! The sky blue is still relevant, being the away jersey of the club and it's also featured in small spots on the home jersey. The old Heart logo returns above the number, a nod to the club's roots! With cries from both the FFA, and Heart fans of old, City needed an identity to forge, and now it's time to snatch the A-League trophy! The Red & White symbolise the undying spirit of the Heart of City! And the Sky Blue is the embodiment of the great promise of the future! The old tune rings around the City Terrace once again! True I do, I do I, true until I die! Our Hearts now beat together under the Red & White! True I do, I do I, true until I die! Our Hearts will beat together under the Red & White!

This was the one I was most looking forward to. Growing up as a Victorian, the idea was to support the Victory, but for some reason, it just didn't appeal to me. From the start I just enjoyed the league until I moved to Newcastle, then I supported the Jets. But it wasn't until Melbourne Heart I decided I love the A-League. I supported the Heart to annoy my family and the love for the club just blossomed from there. When we were taken over by the CFG I was amazed, thinking where it could take us. David Villa came down under, John van 't Schip returned and things were just better, until the identity crisis. I love my club, but I won't wear a sky blue City shirt. At least not a home one. The club is founded on the basis of Red & White and no matter who owns the club, that history can't be changed. Anyway, Melbourne is once again Red & White!
Melbourne City.png

Zooper Dooper

Senior List
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Western Sydney Wanderers
The Western third of Sydney has finally arrived, this time rocking thinner black hoops on a mostly red jersey. The away is a simple inverse inspired by some of their earlier away jerseys. Bankwest Stadium is rocking with the RBB and the Wanderers looking up to the lofty heights of Asia, but before that, they have two mountains left to climb. The FFA Cup, and of course the A-League. With the away kit choice wouldn't it clash with Melbourne City? Wait and see, there's a whole lot more to come!
Western Sydney Wanderers.png

Zooper Dooper

Senior List
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
With that being the culmination of the existing 12 clubs and the introduction of 2 more, being Canberra and North Queensland. This portfolio isn't finished yet. In the meantime here's this.
A-League Season Promo.png

Zooper Dooper

Senior List
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
ANNOUNCEMENT!

After successfully expanding into the nation's capital and reinstating the North Queensland Fury, A-League officials met in Melbourne to discuss the future of the league. Long story short, league officials have agreed upon expanding the competition further. In the next coming days, interested bidders will meet and discuss whether or not they'll launch a bid. "Football is a powerful sport, and with such a rich nation that loves sport we wish to grow our game further, connecting people all around not just Australia." Said, one joyful official. The FFA released a statement alongside this developing news, being in full support of the expansion.

This revelation, of course, comes with some unanswered questions. Will there be another Asian Champions League qualification spot? Will traditional NSL clubs successfully join the league? And of course, will there be a second division with Promotion & Relegation?

Over the next few days and weeks, all will be answered as the clubs and hopefuls declare an interest, the story will unfold once again as the A-League continues to push the boundaries set by mainstream media.

A-League Expansion Promo.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

acm21

Team Captain
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
ANNOUNCEMENT!

After successfully expanding into the nation's capital and reinstating the North Queensland Fury, A-League officials met in Melbourne to discuss the future of the league. Long story short, league officials have agreed upon expanding the competition further. In the next coming days, interested bidders will meet and discuss whether or not they'll launch a bid. "Football is a powerful sport, and with such a rich nation that loves sport we wish to grow our game further, connecting people all around not just Australia." Said, one joyful official. The FFA released a statement alongside this developing news, being in full support of the expansion.

This revelation, of course, comes with some unanswered questions. Will there be another Asian Champions League qualification spot? Will traditional NSL clubs successfully join the league? And of course, will there be a second division with Promotion & Relegation?

Over the next few days and weeks, all will be answered as the clubs and hopefuls declare an interest, the story will unfold once again as the A-League continues to push the boundaries set by mainstream media.

View attachment 823914
So are we going to be given all the potential bids or only the successful ones?

Zooper Dooper

Senior List
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
FOOTBALL BACK ON THE COAST?

With the announcement that the A-League will be expanding football starved fans on the Gold Coast rallied together upon hearing the news that an unnamed investor has thrown financial support behind returning Gold Coast United to the top. This unnamed investor while wanting to remain anonymous has confirmed he is not Clive Palmer. Former GCU player Michael Thwaite has also thrown support behind the Gold Coast bid. If successful Gold Coast United will play at their original home of Robina Stadium.

The A-League and Football Federation Australia can confirm that Gold Coast United has been listed as the first possible candidate vying for a spot in the expanded A-League competition.

Gold Coast United Bid.png

Last edited:

Zooper Dooper

Senior List
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
A TEAM TO UNITE THE STATE!

Ever since the initial expansion of the A-League for the 2009/10 season, a Tasmanian team has always been a dream of football fans on the Apple Isle. With support from the Tasmanian Government and clubs in the state, a Tasmanian team has been shortlisted as the second bid lodged to A-League officials. "We love sport down here and have a passion that hasn't been tapped into yet" Said a joyful Tasmanian. With the AFL choosing not to expand into Tasmania, many football fans around Australia and New Zealand knew a Tasmanian bid was coming, it was just a matter of time. The North-South divide is an interesting topic now. "Everyone in the state wants the A-League here, and it's up to us (Launceston & Hobart) to decide upon where the team will play. The team will unite the state! Henceforth we want Tasmania United at top-level" Said another eager expansion backer. The Tasmanian dream is a step closer to becoming a reality!

The A-League and Football Federation Australia can confirm that Tasmania United has been listed as another possible candidate vying for a spot in the expanded A-League competition.

Tasmania United Bid.png

Top Bottom