Portfolio Hyundai A-League - A Zooper Dooper Portfolio

Remove this Banner Ad

THE HEAT FROM THE SUNSHINE COAST!

A long-distance away from Brisbane and even further away from Townsville, football fans on the Sunshine Coast have finally had their wish granted. Well not just yet, but it's not that far from becoming a reality. Backed by the Sunshine Coast council and the current Sunshine Coast club, the heat are definitely an interesting bid. A new stadium is in the works, and population with a passion for the sport that hasn't been tapped into yet. "The old analogy of build it and they will come is perfectly relevant for us. We have a population hungry for the game." Said one Sunshine Coast official.

The A-League and Football Federation Australia can confirm that the West Coast Eendracht has been listed as another possible candidate vying for a spot in the expanded A-League competition.

Sunshine Coast Bid.png
This logo concept was originally created by designer Raysox on SportsLogos.net. I simply put the idea together. All original credit must go to Raysox.

Last edited:
THE BIDDING HAS CLOSED!

That's it for the bids. FFA and the A-League have decided they will no longer be receiving any other expansion bids. The coming time will now be used to decide which of the ten candidates are acceptable to join the A-League competition. The announcement came with a release that four vacant spots in the league will be for expansion hopeful. The shortlist is - Adelaide City, Auckland Knights, Brisbane Strikers, Ipswich Rovers, Gold Coast United, South Melbourne FC, Sunshine Coast Heat FC, Tasmania United, Wollongong Wolves, and West Coast Eendracht. It's now over to you, the fans. What teams will you bring to the A-League?

A-League Expansion Promo (1).png

THE TEAM FOR EVERY ISLANDER!

THE FIRST SUCCESSFUL A-LEAGUE EXPANSION CANDIDATE ANNOUNCED!

It started as a theory, and eventually, this theory could've been seen in the 2011/12 A-League season. But it's been a rumour and whispers have circled around, until the announcement came. And the second announcement has emerged. Tasmania United will become the 15th A-League club. "We have a passion for sport, and now its finally a reality. Football is coming to the island!" Said one football fan. The Tasmania Government has announced funding to plan a stadium in the greater Hobart region. Purpose-built for A-League matches. "Each team has a nickname, whether or not it is in their name. Sydney are the Sky Blues, Melbourne City are the Heart and Canberra United are the Capitals. Tasmania United will be the united team of the island, and because of that. The Islanders will show what the League has been missing for a number of years. The green, maroon and gold will be gracing the A-League turf very, very soon!

Tasmania United Winning Bid.png

Last edited:

Newcastle Jets
Having lived in Newcastle for a year, the Jets are close to my heart. I in fact supported them until Melbourne Heart joined the competition. Their kits are something I love and stripes are a design that shouldn't be changed. Going back to their earlier A-League days, the Gold jersey is something of beauty in my eyes and it returns as the away jersey.
View attachment 820639

Could you please make a third green and white as this is Newcastle cities colours.

THE KNIGHTS ARE BACK FROM THE DEAD!

THE SECOND SUCCESSFUL A-LEAGUE EXPANSION CANDIDATE ANNOUNCED!

They're back from the dead! Auckland has been accepted into the A-League as the sixteenth team and New Zealand's second professional club. It's a huge leap for not just the A-League but for New Zealand Football, more talent pathways for New Zealanders and finally, the country gets a proper derby. Eden Park and Auckland have proved in the past there is a passion for football in New Zealand's biggest city. The Knights are back, but only this time it's the Auckland Knights!

Auckland Knights Winning Bid.png

Last edited:
ROVERS READY TO SCARE THE BIG CITY!

THE THIRD SUCCESSFUL A-LEAGUE EXPANSION CANDIDATE ANNOUNCED!

When the league experienced its first major expansion in 2009, Queensland was at center stage with the two newest clubs coming from the Sunshine State. These two sides being Gold Coast United and the revived North Queensland Fury but within the four years of their introduction, both had folded. With the revival of the Fury and the added push to grow the game in the second-biggest state in Australia, bids came from far and wide from the Sunshine State, but only Queensland bid was to be accepted. Of the four bids, it was announced that the team has been granted to Ipswich. The booming Western Corridor is the ideal spot to place a team. The NRL has no team there, and a stadium is in the works. Ipswich was the option both the A-League and FFA were crying out for.

Ipswich Winning Bid.png

SOUTH BLOCKED FROM THEIR A-LEAGUE DREAM?

Rumours are rife that the A-League was set to announce South Melbourne as the last successful expansion candidate to join the league. However, there's a lot more to this. Apparently the move to incorporate South Melbourne into the top level has been blocked by FFA. The report comes amid the announcement date of the final expansion club. If this turns out to be true, the A-League will be looking around at the eleventh hour trying to find the 'perfect candidate'. The only question is, where does everyone want that next team?

First of all, I'm back. After a bit of a vanish, I decided to finish the expansion bids. Sorry for the extended wait.

WOLVES TO BRING THE ILLAWARRA SUCCESS BACK!

THE FINAL SUCCESSFUL A-LEAGUE EXPANSION CANDIDATE ANNOUNCED!

The famous champs of the National Soccer League that gave Perth Glory fans nightmares have emerged into the light and will be playing at the top level! The Wollongong Wolves have been accepted as the fourth and final expansion team to join the league. Wollongong proved it has an untapped base for football and ever since the founding of the A-League Wollongong has been crying out for top-level football! With the entry of the Wolves, two new rivalries will emerge. Canberra and Perth will hold major hostilities to the Wollongong Wolves.

Wollongong Wolves Winning Bid.png

The last four team kits will be released in the next coming days. With self-isolation becoming increasingly the norm over these uncertain times its important for all of us to consider the wellbeing of others and during this time, I'll probably be able to punch out more and more designs, ultimately finishing this portfolio I've thoroughly enjoyed!

Tasmania United (Expansion)
With Tasmania United announced as the first successful expansion team, it came as no surprise that they were the first kits to be released. The colour choice was obvious, bottle green with maroon stripes and a gold collar complete the look of 'unity' amongst everyone in Tasmania, finally being able to cheer on an A-League club! A passion which is unique to the league, Tasmania United's fans flying the state flag giving the team a real sense of state pride which hasn't really been seen before, and of course there's one sports fanatic on the island who has praised the promise of Tasmania United. I'm sure we all know who that is!

Tasmania United.png

Last edited:
Auckland Knights (Expansion)
Remembered as the league's worst-ever team, the Knights come back into the league with more than just a point to prove, however, they're not really the old Knights, instead of more a nod to the previous Knights and Football Kingz. A lot like how AFC Wimbledon is to Wimbledon FC and what the Ottawa Senators are to the old Stanely Cup-winning Sens of the 1910s. Auckland finally has a team to call home and a rivalry with the 'Nix splitting a country in two. With gold hoops and silver hoops hopefully, the Knights travel a bit better than their previous outing in the league's earlier years.

Auckland Knights.png

Ipswich Rovers (Expansion)
Claret & Blue. An iconic colour scheme, seen throughout the English game, Aston Villa, Burnley and West Ham just to name a few. When Ipswich was announced, they already had the idea for colours that surprisingly hadn't been adopted in the league before, and so, it was there to grab. The Rovers moniker another one being unused in Australia unlike 'United'. Ipswich is the birthplace of Queensland's coal industry, therefore, two crossed pickaxes are featured below the main Maltese Cross on the club's crest. The A-League saw growth in the Western Corridor and not wanting to risk a second Brisbane based club, it was time for Ipswich to look across to Brisbane with a burning wish. And so, the Rovers are here!

Ipswich Rovers.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wollongong Wolves (Expansion)
An NSL heavyweight returns to the top tier reigniting a rivalry with the Glory, untapped since the turn of the millennium. With City returning to their Red & White stripes, the Wolves have opted for the diagonal lines to give their jersey that extra element, locals see it is a nice balance between the dominant red and secondary white. The away jersey has very fond memories for many Wolves fans. The jersey is heavily inspired by 2000 NSL Grand Final jersey! WIth Scott Chipperfield playing a huge role in both their NSL triumphs and emergence in the A-League, the Wolves are quickly becoming the most interesting club in the league!

Wollongong Wolves.png

Wollongong Wolves (Expansion)
An NSL heavyweight returns to the top tier reigniting a rivalry with the Glory, untapped since the turn of the millennium. With City returning to their Red & White stripes, the Wolves have opted for the diagonal lines to give their jersey that extra element, locals see it is a nice balance between the dominant red and secondary white. The away jersey has very fond memories for many Wolves fans. The jersey is heavily inspired by 2000 NSL Grand Final jersey! WIth Scott Chipperfield playing a huge role in both their NSL triumphs and emergence in the A-League, the Wolves are quickly becoming the most interesting club in the league!

View attachment 851303
Took me about 5 minutes to get this full image to load but we got there, very nice.

After a subtle request from fumbler for me to create a Jets third kit it opened the door for another piece to this portfolio's puzzle. Over the coming days I will give each club designs for third jerseys. The first being the Victorian clubs.

For Melbourne City, the old sash was one idea but that is for something later. Moving on from Heart, the flag of Melbourne is the perfect symbol for City. After some research an old design from cannavo was perfect. The cross doesn't intersect across the middle, instead of across the Heart. A subtle nod to the original name. Sky blue pinstripes accompany the cross bringing all three colours of Melbourne City together. The Vuck was a bit easier, their old fluro green away kit. Personally, it gives me a horrible memory of one such Derby. Western United was the hardest one to come up with. It was, in fact, the last one I did. Inspired by their original away kit, the diamonds return, however, straightened and creating a half and half design which many will either love or hate, I feel many will probably hate. Western United fans a questioned has been posed to you: Are diamonds really forever?

Melbourne City, Melbourne Victory & Western United Thirds.png

Pretty much but with a different template and logo.
View attachment 41308
As far as I know, there's no guarantee that Sky blue will dominate a kit. I'm not sure
Home: Keeping the Red and White stripes with a Blue pin stripe on each stripe, much like Newcastle Utds shirt
Away: An off-center flag of Melbourne cross, a favourite amongst the Heart forum users
Third: A Galatasaray inspired kit with a bit of Hearts current 3rd. I used Hearts red with Citys Burgundy
View attachment 41307

After a subtle request from fumbler for me to create a Jets third kit it opened the door for another piece to this portfolio's puzzle. Over the coming days I will give each club designs for third jerseys. The first being the Victorian clubs.

For Melbourne City, the old sash was one idea but that is for something later. Moving on from Heart, the flag of Melbourne is the perfect symbol for City. After some research an old design from cannavo was perfect. The cross doesn't intersect across the middle, instead of across the Heart. A subtle nod to the original name. Sky blue pinstripes accompany the cross bringing all three colours of Melbourne City together. The Vuck was a bit easier, their old fluro green away kit. Personally, it gives me a horrible memory of one such Derby. Western United was the hardest one to come up with. It was, in fact, the last one I did. Inspired by their original away kit, the diamonds return, however, straightened and creating a half and half design which many will either love or hate, I feel many will probably hate. Western United fans a questioned has been posed to you: Are diamonds really forever?

View attachment 861061

For whatever reason I dislike the use of Fluor on kits (i know victory has used it but still). Western united is quite nice, will be interesting to see how the kits begin to evolve. I can see city using this sort of design, but with a little bit more blue on the kit (maybe the standard city blue kit with the addition of a red element, like the cross)

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Sydney Clubs.

Since Macarthur went with a white home and a black away jersey, the desire to incorporate more gold was there. Inspiration was taken heavily from the Liverpool away kit of 2017/18. The black pinstripes create the predominant gold jersey. Sydney FC was basic and simple, harkening back to their days of black away kits. The Wanderers were the most interesting for me. With Macarthur being so close to them and stealing the gold from their recent away kits, gold wouldn't work for Western Sydney. Instead, a mostly black jersey with the 'WSW' monogram outlined in red is prominent, however, not too invasive. When it comes to third kits, you'll either love them or hate them!

Macarthur FC, Sydney FC & Western Sydney Wanderers Thirds.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back