Workshop Hyundai A-League / NSL Kit History (working title: KitsDownUnder - KDU)

What program should we use to create the kits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rabbitoh21

Premiership Player
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Too many
An absolutely shocking kit. Started the Glory stripes. Then there's the fact the stripes are all centralised and barely even stripes, more like a few bars, plus the way it looks completely lopsided and middle-heavy as a result. Then you have the weird orange trimmings which don't actually cut off the stripes as you'd expect them to. Plus the misshapen collar. A real s**t kit.
Right idea, horrible execution.

Hey guys, just a bit of a bump on this post. Looking for the current A-League font if anyone has it!
No chance anyone would have it here. That font is very hard to track down. I even tried to import it via the Fifa 17 game folders with no luck.
I just bought a bunch of old FIFA games, so they have old A-League shirts. I could send some pics if anyone needs them.
Getty Images has everything A-League and NSL with a large collection of images but thanks for the offer as I'm sure they might be useful down the track.

I have a HQ image of the number 8
upload_2016-12-18_11-14-54.png

0% chance so far. Unless you ask Azmie from swp to help you out in creating it from scratch.

could it be exported from FIFA 16's creation master?

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Think the main issue was people bitching over a template. I think the agreed upon one was that 2009-era photoshop one people used for Football Manager designs. Should have been something flat and simple but there you go.

Politics brah.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Think the main issue was people bitching over a template. I think the agreed upon one was that 2009-era photoshop one people used for Football Manager designs. Should have been something flat and simple but there you go.

Politics brah.
What? You're so out of the loop :D We started it on Illustrator on a flat template but it didn't get finished because everyone just didn't have:
1. Illustrator
2. The time
3. The patience

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
How much of this was done?

Pity, would have been cool but unfortunately the most interesting stuff (the NSL) is just way too hard. Makes 1920s VFL records look simple.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
How much of this was done?

Pity, would have been cool but unfortunately the most interesting stuff (the NSL) is just way too hard. Makes 1920s VFL records look simple.
I got a couple Wellington kits done, all the Knights stuff as well. We were all assigned teams and most of us got a few of each team done.
It's just time issues that made us all stop.

Burnieman

Draftee
Aug 10, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would it be an idea to collate the NSL (and HAL) kits already completed, upload them somewhere and that may revive interest again? Easy for me to say as I don't have the skills to be able to assist, otherwise I would.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Would it be an idea to collate the NSL (and HAL) kits already completed, upload them somewhere and that may revive interest again? Easy for me to say as I don't have the skills to be able to assist, otherwise I would.
You mean, like, a website? Like KitsDownUnder.com.au? The original idea of this thread? :p

Found an old piece of artwork Bacon Warrior did for me when I had a replica of this made up... now I'm more across Illustrator, and can't sleep, thought I'd give it a crack myself.

ZE75Gd0.png

Not sure who is working on this project atm but if you need resources, hmu.

Back