Competition I̶f̶ IT'S A̶i̶n̶'̶t̶ BROKE D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ FIX IT! : Week 17 - St. Kilda Cracking Logo Clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladies and Gentlemen........

For too long, we have witnessed the horrors football jumpers can produce

This stops now!
415751_e2ca939c53853b9b26581681addeabd3.png

Each week a jumper that has been seen as bad, horrible, shocking or the general consensus isn't fond of
will get a makeover while keeping its certain themes.
Next under the knife is

StKilda-Clash-2008.gif

St Kilda 2008 Clash Jumper

(a.k.a The cracking logo)

Main Theme: White Base with Red and Black
Secondary: Use of the club logo​

RULES
  • Entries must include 1 jumper front and back (Shorts and Socks optional)
  • You must keep at least 1 theme coming from the jumper
    • eg. Hawthorns diamond jumper must include diamonds
    • St Kildas yellow jumper must promote Pura light milk by keeping a yellow base etc.
  • You cannot copy any past designs from the club
    • Taking elements are allowed
  • Maximum 2 Entries
  • Any other questions, please ask.

NOTE: The quote "It's broke, Fix it" can mean "What's your take on this?"

List of jumpers with links

Links updated!

Past Results

Jumpers to be done

IBIF-HR-17.png

Last edited:

Love the idea, but I wonder if the theme is a bit too generous. White base with black and red describes all our clash jumpers, would love to see how people could incorporate our logo front and centre on a jumper while keeping it good.

Just a thought, don't intend to criticize anyone. :)

Love the idea, but I wonder if the theme is a bit too generous. White base with black and red describes all our clash jumpers, would love to see how people could incorporate our logo front and centre on a jumper while keeping it good.

Just a thought, don't intend to criticize anyone. :)
Yeah that's actually a fair point. After all, it's a competition to make a specific clash jumper look better with the elements it has.

Just out of interest, does anybody actually know why St Kilda made this clash jumper with "cracks" in it? When I first saw it I just assumed it was a bit of stretching which was weird for an AFL jumper but only recently I learned that this was done by design. Odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

use an un-cracked logo & it was a perfectly reasonable clash jumper
I remember when the poll went up to decide which clash would be used. There was another option with an un-cracked logo, but I recall it had other design elements which made it inferior. There was also the ability to provide feedback on the designs, and I remember stating that this design should be used with an un-cracked logo because no emblem should be tarnished deliberately. Sadly they didn't listen to me :(

Just out of interest, does anybody actually know why St Kilda made this clash jumper with "cracks" in it? When I first saw it I just assumed it was a bit of stretching which was weird for an AFL jumper but only recently I learned that this was done by design. Odd.
“Aesthetic”

Well; this is easy to come up with a design for
Broken.png

This is the design that was leading the poll for the Clash jumper on the St.Kilda website shortly before the close of voting.
However, with a sudden rush of over 1000 votes and the cracking logo jumper somehow pipped it at the post, just as voting closed.
How do I know this?
I designed this, based on the Fitzroy preseason jumpers from 12 years before this.
I followed the online poll every day because I stood to get one of the jumpers if my design was chosen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back