Player Watch Harry Schoenberg - Ruptured Achilles

Remove this Banner Ad

Well deserved nomination, has just been going about his business quietly and is getting better and better each week.

Also, good signs for the future with 3 nominations this year.

Shame they haven't played Berry in the middle more, could have had a 4th.

Last edited:
Very well deserved. While I am a long way from joining the #HamishOut club, I do worry sometimes.

But he really nailed this one. And an SA lad too, where he sometimes gets called out for overlooking the local lads. So far you’d be happy if we took this kid much earlier. Where does he rank if you redid his draft? Pick 8?

Very well deserved. While I am a long way from joining the #HamishOut club, I do worry sometimes.

But he really nailed this one. And an SA lad too, where he sometimes gets called out for overlooking the local lads. So far you’d be happy if we took this kid much earlier. Where does he rank if you redid his draft? Pick 8?
I'd say pick 6 or 7.

Love him. Has some real power and speed and doesn’t mind a fend off.

I like the comparison another poster mentioned to Luke Shuey. Reckon that’s spot on

We do have a few guys (Shoey included) that need to work out what to do if they get the ball in space in “Eddie’s pocket”. I like that he went the banana the second time, but he needs practice.

He's ability to think in tight at speed is what I love most about him.

None of our current midfield can do this.

He's constantly evaluating options and ultimately picks the best one.

You can see him thinking through situations, which makes him even harder to defend.

Reminds me of Steele sidebottom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love him. Has some real power and speed and doesn’t mind a fend off.

I like the comparison another poster mentioned to Luke Shuey. Reckon that’s spot on
Is that just because they kind of look similar and the steel wool mop top hair they have?

~~~~~~v

He's a really clever player. Even when the opposition catch him he always has the awareness to get a quick handball away. He's also got good acceleration of a couple of steps which is perfect for a midfield role and something we desperately need. Got a glimpse of his defensive game on the weekend with some nice tackles. He's been one of the few shining lights in the back end of this season.

Pretty sh*te highlights. Looks like the crows Sanfl media team out that one together.
I'm pissed they didn't include his tackles on O'Meara.

Well deserved nomination, has just been going about his business quietly and is getting better and better each week.

I think this comment is spot on. When Harry was picked I was stoked but for me its this simple comment that Harry is getting better and better each week that best describes Harry's work. He has shown glimpses of what he can do and then he has had a quiet game as well but his trend graph would show a continued improvement. Scholl on the other hand has been inconsistent and TT well he is just learning the ropes. Harry has been the pick of the bunch the one real shining light for us. Well deserved nomination

The last time we had three noms in a year was 2009. Just like then, they've come for a genuine mid, a running defender and a key forward (Dangerfield, Otten and Walker). Good signs :thumbsu:

Can anyone recall why Schoenberg slipped to the second round? Was it a concern over his pace? He's looked the part from very early on. My memory at the time was that he was seen as a late-first round pick that slid a bit.

The last time we had three noms in a year was 2009. Just like then, they've come for a genuine mid, a running defender and a key forward (Dangerfield, Otten and Walker). Good signs :thumbsu:

Can anyone recall why Schoenberg slipped to the second round? Was it a concern over his pace? He's looked the part from very early on. My memory at the time was that he was seen as a late-first round pick that slid a bit.
I mean, we had four in 2013, but technically you’re right

Remove this Banner Ad

Back