• 9-12

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • 13-16

Votes: 88 55.3%
  • 17-18

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Their problem is depth. Stop Cunners and Higgins and you win the game. Let them loose and they will hurt you and get the ball to Brown quickly which gives him a chance. They bring their team mates into the game.

100% correct in a nutshell.

The midfield depth is the glaring weakness.

Other than that, we are tracking reasonably well.

Ive been suprised by....the fact this thread came after a Kangaroos win in Hobart.

Do they ever lose down there?

Save it for when they win in Melbourne.

So save it for two weeks ago in Rd 2?

A Jack Ziebell / Brown controlled forward line with a good mix around them is going to be amongst the best in the league. The trick is that a shallow midfield with a fair few developing players is going to have days out and poor days.

Can’t take anything from the cyclone game in round 1, good win against the saints (who could end up being bottom 4), expected result against the dees and good win against Carlton.
I think they have done what they should have to this point, but their wins have been done in impressive style. Too early to say they have improved significantly this year and the next block of 4 will shed some light on this.
Voted 13 - 16, but you would have to include them in the group of teams fighting for 7 to 14 in an even competition. Think they will fade a bit from here, but have liked what they have shown in their wins, would have to be encouraging for their supporters.
I agree with your original vote, around the 13-16 mark is where I would have put the side, but those that predicted a wooden spoon knows nothing about our list demographics (we have a lot of experience still) and club culture (haven’t won a spoon for a long time for a reason.).

r2_1.gif
This is the beautiful ball movement I look forward to watching each week.

Their problem is depth. Stop Cunners and Higgins and you win the game. Let them loose and they will hurt you and get the ball to Brown quickly which gives him a chance. They bring their team mates into the game.

Bang on. Higgins was poor/blanketed last week against the Dees and it stopped us moving with fluency.

LDU has hit a few ultra classy passes that just open things up, and make it very easy for Brown on the lead, but he's two years away from doing that multiple times a game every week.

A Jack Ziebell / Brown controlled forward line with a good mix around them is going to be amongst the best in the league. The trick is that a shallow midfield with a fair few developing players is going to have days out and poor days.
Lol

I've been surprised by the body shape change North have been able to get out of Billy Hartung.
Simplified role for him and North’s direct, lower disposal, style of footy, I believe, has really helped him. He might not be averaging as high disposals like he used to at Hawthorn, but he’s being a lot more impactful with his disposal and overall game at North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said all off season they won’t be the horrible side that people think. Scott is genuinely a good coach imo and they’ve still retained quality senior players whilst they’re bringing kids through. If you can’t overpower them in the middle they’re a tough side to beat.

I'm surprised by the fact that Jarrad Waite is still playing and still providing an excellent foil for Sideshow Brown.

Best trolling of Carlton since Mick Malthouse.

He could play next year too. Is a great athlete and his versatility suits the modern game perfectly.

Was always on the very slight end of players, has filled out well for North

(absolutely not implying anything dodgy)

Being dumped and a lack of interest in him probably gave him a lot of motivation to try significantly harder.

Im suprised by....the fact a kangaroo fan thinks they have the best fwd line in the comp.

Im suprised by....the fact a kangaroo fan thinks they have the best fwd line in the comp.

Why? They've consistently been kicking high scores for 18 months despite getting beaten 8 games out of 10 in that time and generally well beaten in the midfield. Don't be salty just because your gun forward line hasn't been able to do sh*t since completely flaking out in the Grand Final.

Back