I am frustrated...

Remove this Banner Ad

Chilli Afterglow

Senior List
Dec 1, 2000
By the lack of choice of offer tomorrow.

Is this a fallout from the 1993 election when Dr. John Hewson was hung, drawn and quartered for his Fightback package?

Say what you will about the good Doctor, at least he had the balls to get out there and say what he thought would be best for the country.

Since then, all we have seen is the respective parties, (with the Democrats providing a kind of "Mainstream Alternative") fight with each other too see who can be most the same!

THERE IS NO REAL POINT OF DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES!!! :mad:

It seems that it is now politically unwise to let it all hang out, lest you suffer the same fate as Dr. John.

Is this the price we pay for having increased education amongst the common folk? More analysis and dissection of policy, particulary by the chatterazzi (Political Analyst variety) which seeks to bring down either party for daring to suggest anything different.

It is all bollocks!

Saw an ad in the paper today. It was a Greens one. It said something like "Tell the major parties how you feel by denying them their Primary Vote".

Althought I have as much chance of voting Green as I have of flying to the moon, this at least was worthy of some thought.

What if the government was elected after only getting <30% of the Primary vote.

Would this make a difference?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back