News & Events I am so happy

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
so towards the end of december, i received my OP which was not as high as I was hoping. the course i wanted to get into had an OP around 4 ranks higher last year, so i was almost resigned to accepting i won't get my first preference, and only a slight chance that i would get my second preference.

however, the courses were offered today, and when i logged onto QTAC this morning, i discovered i had been offered my first preference! i don't think i have been as relieved in my life!

so now, i'll be studying architecture at griffith uni. :D

so towards the end of december, i received my OP which was not as high as I was hoping. the course i wanted to get into had an OP around 4 ranks higher last year, so i was almost resigned to accepting i won't get my first preference, and only a slight chance that i would get my second preference.

however, the courses were offered today, and when i logged onto QTAC this morning, i discovered i had been offered my first preference! i don't think i have been as relieved in my life!

Congrats! Might see a few of the players around Uni as well

I remember skipping school a lot and barely passing in my grade 12. Ended up with an OP 21 haha. The following year I went to TAFE and completed a Diploma of Electrical/Electronic Engineering at Ashmore, and that took me to an equivalent of OP 8 and just carried on from there going to Uni etc... OP grades are not the end of the world in Grade 12 as they make it out to be.

Well done again! It's a great feeling being accepted into your course and feels like a big win. Congratulations. :thumbsu:

Congrats! Might see a few of the players around Uni as well
that would be a nice bonus :)

oh wow, that's a big change from 21. hoping i won't really need my OP again though, now that i'm in my course.

just sorted my timetable out tonight. mon, tues, thurs. 15 hours/week. happy with that. :)

and thankss! i'm pretty stoked :D

Well done Exile :thumbsu: I was interested in studying architecture many years ago and repeated year 12 to try and improve my score (was too busy partying the first time through and ended up with a TE score of 650), however I got glandular fever (and a month off school) which affected my results in a few tests so I chose Regional and Town Planning because I didn't think I'd make it into architecture. As it turned out I got a 930 TE score which was enough for architecture at the time. Problem was even throughout Uni I was still more interested in partying and although I gained my degree I never had the desire to work in the field.
Only now in my forties have I realised what I really want to do and am working towards that goal. My advice would be if this is really what you want to do for a career, knuckle down at Uni (getting there is only the start, like being drafted as an AFL footballer is just the start), and if you can, try to get as much actual work experience as possible in the real world (e.g. work part-time in a firm). You'll find you will probably learn more from the real world and this will help you immensely down the track.

thanks tsg! i'll keep that in mind.

i found out i'm doing the course with 2 close friends, but i kinda know they're the "let's go to a party the night before a lecture and turn up the next morning drunk" type, so i know i need not to get caught up in the 'uni lifestyle' and focus on my studies haha.

By all means get caught up in it!! That's the best part of Uni!! Unfortunately my friends and I were the type to not go to the lectures and go get drunk instead. I had the difficult situation of having to pass about four pubs on my way to Uni. More often than not I didn't make it there :D Attendances got so bad that our lecturers were giving marks just for showing up.

i am so happy part 2!!

as a late birthday present, i was gifted a place in the porsche driving experience at mt cotton today! can i just say, OH MY GOD. compared to my mum's honda jazz that i've been driving to work in, porsches are unbelieveable. i was in a twin turbo coming around a bend into a straight, and as soon as i put floored it, it just ****ing exploded with speed!! got up to around 170km/h!

it would have cost around $1300 i think, but my mum's friend's husband runs the thing. but seriously, if i had spent that amount and went, not a penny would have gone to waste. if anyone had considered taking this course, DO IT. i'm not even a motorhead, and today has without a doubt been the best day of my life, especially seeing as i've only had my P's 2 months and the second car i've ever driven was a Porsche 911!!

Usually about one or two subjects only per semester, completing say a three year degree in eight years!
So some of the blokes currently playing for the Suns are also studying part time, and still attend campus tutes/lecs? Crazy. You learn something new every day!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back