I believe in Billie Smedts

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

he's at the 23/24 age so he will really be coming into his physical peak of his career, would be good to see if he can make something of it.
Has talent, needs some good fortune and to seize his opportunity if he gets one.

Can play. Criticism of him has been rubbish, especially after his stints at HB and BP (if people recall 2011, Menzel had some poor performances when moved to this position to gain experience).

Just needs a run of games to build confidence (like any)

But reiterate, can play

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Adds depth. Does the club still see him solely aa a defender?

I was under the impression he'd been playing in the midfield a bit in the VFL since his return, can anyone confirm or disconfirm?

It would be a shame to see Smedts pigeonholed as a defender; he could be another versatile option for the team.

He'll play seniors this year, its just a matter of when.

I was under the impression he'd been playing in the midfield a bit in the VFL since his return, can anyone confirm or disconfirm?

It would be a shame to see Smedts pigeonholed as a defender; he could be another versatile option for the team.

He'll play seniors this year, its just a matter of when.
Seemed like a high half forward to me

images
Me too. Hey I met these guys on the weekend.

images

Really want to see a this bloke given a chance, obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed but unlucky with injury and a immature mindset. Hopefully he finds a bit of form in the seconds before playing a few senior games at the back end of the year. I reckon the club will really make him earn a senior spot instead of just handing it to him in a plate, bit like GHS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is where do you play him?
He's been tried in a few different positions over the journey.
Seems to me to be a jack of all trades master of none.
Still looks he'd blow away in a decent wind.
Depth player at best, list clogger at worst.

Watched the 1st and 2nd quarters last week and hardly noticed him, saw that others had him in the best so he must have had a blinding 2nd half of the game?

I called Billie as my man when nobody wanted him. Don't anybody start climbing on the bandwagon when he starts tearing it up in the firsts. If he gets a clean run with injuries he'll be well cemented in our best 22 come the end of the year. I think he'll likely end up a back flank type player but while guys like Mackie and Enright are still around he'll be playing more wing and pushing forward a bit. Having seen him in the 2s a fair bit last year he's way too classy not to make it.

He'll replace Linc if he doesn't come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back