Think Tank I call on Joel Selwood to step down as captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Hi Bay, former President of the United States Calvin Coolidge here.

I almost never do this, but the recent performances of the Cats in finals matches over there in Australia has me turning in my grave, well, actually I've been spinning like a chicken in a rotisserie. I understand those are electric now. Fascinating. In my day we just had a couple of negroes do the work.

Anyhow, I digress . . .

tumblr_n676bdw4Fl1sj5rnvo1_500.jpg

As an educated leader of men it causes me some dismay to see poor leadership around the world. Franscesco Schettino, George W Bush, Joel Selwood, Adolf Hitler, and the like. Utterly rudderless lunatics the lot of them. But while Adolf Hitler had the good sense to perform lead brain surgery on himself, Bush's term expired, and the 'captain' of the Concordia jumped ship, I feel none of these options are viable for our misguided ducker, Mr. Selwood.

Therefore I wish to publicly beseech him to use whatever unconcussed brain cells he has left to acknowledge his poor record as a finals leader and step down. 6 finals losses and 2 wins simply won't do. I heard that one of those wins was against Port Adelaide, which is still just a SANFL club isn't it? I don't see how that should even count. So one real win, after the siren, in 8 finals matches. I'm afraid changes have to be made based on those poor performances.

Please pass on my sentiments to Mr. Selwood won't you?

Kindest regards,

President Calvin Coolidge.

Last edited:

What's campaign headquarters, a place of many campaigners? What's your favourite flavour at Farrells?

I've lost count of the times that I've chuckled to myself when they say things on the radio like "Trump's campaigner sacked" or "Hillary is out campaigning today"? :D

Hi Bay, former President of the United States Calvin Coolidge here.

I almost never do this, but the recent performances of the Cats in finals matches over there in Australia has me turning in my grave, well, actually I've been spinning like a chicken in a rotisserie. I understand those are electric now. Fascinating. In my day we just had a couple of negroes do the work.

Anyhow, I digress . . .

tumblr_n676bdw4Fl1sj5rnvo1_500.jpg

As an educated leader of men it causes me some dismay to see poor leadership around the world. Franscesco Schettino, George W Bush, Joel Selwood, Adolf Hitler, and the like. Utterly rudderless lunatics the lot of them. But while Adolf Hitler had the good sense to perform lead brain surgery on himself, Bush's term expired, and the 'captain' of the Concordia jumped ship, I feel none of these options are viable for our misguided ducker, Mr. Selwood.

Therefore I wish to publicly beseech him to use whatever unconcussed brain cells he has left to acknowledge his poor record as a finals leader and step down. 6 finals losses and 2 wins simply won't do. I heard that one of those wins was against Port Adelaide, which is still just a SANFL club isn't it? I don't see how that should even count. So one real win, after the siren, in 8 finals matches. I'm afraid changes have to be made based on those poor performances.

Please pass on my sentiments to Mr. Selwood won't you?

Kindest regards,

President Calvin Coolidge.
What the dickens is this, I am not amused by your impersonation of my fine self.

Mr. Selwood is of a firm Christian Anglo-Saxon breed of duck and is pillar of his community. To slur his name is not on young man and I'll advice you to take heed of my advice. As long as Selwood is captain of that club they call Sleepy Hollow, they shall forever remain in the darkest depths of the AFL ladder in upcoming years. Long may he reign and God Bless.

Yours Truly

The Real President Calvin Coolidge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the dickens is this, I am not amused by your impersonation of my fine self.

Mr. Selwood is of a firm Christian Anglo-Saxon breed of duck and is pillar of his community. To slur his name is not young man and I'll advice you to take heed of my advice. As long as Selwood is captain of that club they call Sleepy Hollow, they shall forever remain in the darkest depths of the AFL ladder in upcoming years. Long may he reign and God Bless.

Yours Truley

The Real President Calvin Coolidge.

Was only a matter of time :D

Was only a matter of time :D
Before someone began impersonating me, I know I've only been dead for 70 odd plus years and the sheer crassness of this thread's OP awoke me from my deep slumber to point out said crassness to the world, so as not to besmirch my good name.

Now tell me, is it true that Croatians can't change tyres? It was a major problem in my time too, with men with long mullets and poor quality cameras trying to change tyres for hours at a time.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Cool...idge

Before someone began impersonating me, I know. I've only been dead for 70 odd plus years and the sheer crassness of this thread's OP awoke me from my deep slumber to point out said crassness to the world, so as not to besmirch my good name.

Now tell me, is it true that Croatians can't change tyres? It was a major problem in my time too, with men with long mullets and poor quality cameras trying to change tyres for hours at a time.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Cool...idge

Should see what they look up online :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back