Roast I cursed Max King

Remove this Banner Ad

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’ve been waiting since he started for this. Today was the day Max King arrived.

We all knew he had it in him but I just want to point out how important he was today. Getting the ball down to our smalls and creating opportunities.
But most importantly LEADING INTO SPACE!!!

It’s not just that he kicked five goals for the first time in his career. I’m not expecting this to be a turn around and from now on we can expect this week in week out.

He presented and gave us options.
He was playing like a true forward with true presence and kept us in the game at the start and brought us into the game at the end.

This is going to do wonders for his confidence. A lot of players stood up tonight that needed to. Max wasn’t one of them. He didn’t need to. And yet he stood up.

Sign him for five years and let’s lock him in.

Needs to work on the set shot routine. Ca nt afford to wear heart on sleeve (boot)
Agreed. It’s the one part of his game he needs to work on and then.... hoo boy.

He's getting there. Having Roma in the team helped, and even Snake pushing into the forward line on occasion made it hard for WCE to match up. It took some of the onus off him, and having those big bodies around helped to clear the space for Max to lead into. You could see him gaining confidence the more the game progressed. If he had of hit that snap after brushing off those weagle defenders he would be supercharged for the Tigers.

Needs to work on the set shot routine. Ca nt afford to wear heart on sleeve (boot)
Better from further out when he doesn’t stab at it

I still don’t think this was his arrival game, he’s going to have a game where he kicks 5+ and clunks like 10 big Grabs

Four comments on King

1 Still thinks our players can kick 60 metres

2 Whenever he is kicking from 20 metres out someone needs to get over to him and tell him to use his 40 metre kick routine

3 At the moment he is a genuine threat that all teams must think about in their planning.

4 Couple years and a few more kg's and he will be absolutely unstoppable.

My favourite moment was actually one of his behinds, when he burst through a couple of players and got the ball of the deck and snapped. Shame it missed but for him to ever get that shot off was amazing. We need to know what he does best and how best to use him. When he's deep forward he's good at bringing it to ground to help the smalls then acts as another small with his agility, and takes a few hits doing it, and when he's on the lead he's hard to stop. He'll grow, but the team and coaches need to learn how best to use him as well.

That shank that went OOTF was rough, but he didn't look ok when he was lining up, think he'd had a head knock or something cause he was wobbly and sore.

My favourite moment was actually one of his behinds, when he burst through a couple of players and got the ball of the deck and snapped.

That was the one late in the third last night, yeah? When we had started running over the eagles but were still behind. Would have loved to see the crowd reaction; they were already in full voice and that one would have just blown the roof off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just came over to show my support for Max, clearly not a bust. great thread El_Duderino
Thanks man. Good on you for owning your initial post too. We all do stupid things in the heat of the moment. I try not to hit post whenever I do though lol

If he can keep his agility and skills below his knees as he whacks on a few more kgs then gee whiz he is gonna be one of the best players in the comp in a year or 2.

I’d recommend stocking up on undies soon, because there’ll be a shortage after all the seam-splitting stiffies that arise when we watch Max and Ben line up forward for us.

Like I know we shouldn't get our hopes up but I'm already reaching seam splitting Territory thinking about it.

Legit having the twins in our forward line is like a once in a lifetime opportunity haha.

Really hope it happens.

Mods / George need to merge this thread with the other Max King thread & call it “Max King’s bust is ok”.

Brad Crouch has his say.

"I knew a lot about Max King obviously, but he has been a lot better than what I thought. I was pretty shocked to see how good he is and how good he can be. He’s only getting started and he’s so young."
Geebus. They'll be a few bloke on here that will have to start wearing their jumpers around their waists to hide the bulge when he starts kicking big bags.

The one criticism I’d make of Max is that I’d like to see him hit packs harder... but that’s probably going to come with more bulk and a mature body.

The one criticism I’d make of Max is that I’d like to see him hit packs harder... but that’s probably going to come with more bulk and a mature body.

If we're giving our one criticisms, mine would be that I want to see him do more repeat leads. Admittedly I've barely seen him play live, but from the limited evidence, he generally seems to make half-committed leads of a few steps, and then starting over again. I want to see him make more genuine long leads, and double back, and go again. This is obviously basic forward craft 101, so I assume it will come when his endurance builds up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back