I Didn't Know that was the Same Voice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Similar to the movie one with actors and actresses, this'll fall across many genres.

My 2 are these:

I didn't know that the lead singer of '90's Eurodance mainstay M People sung the theme to The Biggest Loser USA. (Her name is Heather Small.)

I didn't know that Michael Jackson sung on the Rockwell hit Somebody's Watching Me.

Can it also be bands that you didn't know made a well-known song because it wasn't obvious?!

Didn't know that The Doves were responsible for this mainstream hit back in 1992!

That's allowable.

I didn't know that the lead singer of '90's Eurodance mainstay M People sung the theme to The Biggest Loser USA. (Her name is Heather Small.)

Ha! Was just talking about her earlier in the pub. Shaun Edwards' ex-girlfriend. Good singer, though.

One of my mates works for ABCRadio in country Queensland and had to play annoying country song Wagon Wheel during his show.

He played the cover version- afterwards he said ‘gee that sounds like Hootie from Hootie and the Blowfish.’

His co host pointed out quickly that Darius Rucker, cover artist of wagon wheel, is indeed Hootie of Hootie and the blowfish

Okay stay with me here.. I always thought the 70's song Fooled Around and Fell in Love was sung by Daddy Cool/Ross Wilson. I only recently found out it wasn't. It was written by Elvin Bishop and sung by Mickey Thomas who also turned out to be the very same Mickey Thomas responsible for singing that ******* godawful 80's number We Built This City with Starship.

Okay stay with me here.. I always thought the 70's song Fooled Around and Fell in Love was sung by Daddy Cool/Ross Wilson. I only recently found out it wasn't. It was written by Elvin Bishop and sung by Mickey Thomas who also turned out to be the very same Mickey Thomas responsible for singing that ******* godawful 80's number We Built This City with Starship.

When I heard the opening to that song (complete with drums,) I thought it was gonna be Olivia Newton-John - Hopelessly Devoted to You.

And wait, Elvin Bishop didn't sing that?
Mindckuf.

As for Mickey Thomas, I didn't know that either.
He must must have a wide vocal range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never been a huge RHCP fan

Didn’t realize that Butterfly song that was all the rage in the early 00’s wasn’t their own original stuff but a mix of RHCP’s Pretty Little Ditty. Always thought it was groovy music and wondered why Crazy Town never kicked on. Now I know the best part of their only good song was ripped from elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back