I dub thee ... BenderBattle! (Round 1, 2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

We dont want a rivalrary with you.We already have a state of origin clash with sydney!You guys can have a bye every rivalrary round and when western sydney comes you can vs them in rivalrary round!We already have a very strong rivalry piss off and make your own!

Real mature Lionshine. :thumbsdown:

I'm looking forward to the resumption of Brisbane/Gold Coast rivalry, despite I don't buy the Broncos/Titans crap. Give me Broncos VS Giants/Seagulls anyday :thumbsu:

Honestly I think its inevitable rivalry round will be between Brisbane and the Coast. Vossy has already talked it up, I think the week you guys were granted your license.

And no offense to the Swans, but the whole rivalry thing there is pretty much media driven (then again almost everything is these days). I don't feel the same hatred to Sydney as I do with GC17 (Sorry guys ;) ), Collingwood or New South Wales Blues :thumbsu: . If there is going to be a rivalry round, I want it to be against the team I hate with a passion, but since Collingwood is taken most of the time, I'll settle with GC17 :D

Not really sure of an original 'Nickname' to dub the match, but given in league almost everything is a derby or something, I'd settle with 'Queensland Derby' or something like that

Cheers guys :thumbsu:

We dont want a rivalrary with you.We already have a state of origin clash with sydney!You guys can have a bye every rivalrary round and when western sydney comes you can vs them in rivalrary round!We already have a very strong rivalry piss off and make your own!
You're an idiot mate, it won't even compare with a rivalry with your second local team.
Seriously.

You're an idiot mate, it won't even compare with a rivalry with your second local team.
Seriously.

Lionshine does not represent the views of most Brisbane Lions supporters. In fact, he is on many an ignore list.

The Brisbane/Sydney rivalry is a plastic farce.

Can't wait to have a local rival. :thumbsu:

Lionshine does not represent the views of most Brisbane Lions supporters. In fact, he is on many an ignore list.

It is as sensationalized by the media on the same way Hammo sensationalizes everything he writes abouts us :thumbsu:

Yeah, the Bris-Syd rivalry feels manufactured.

Can't wait, should be entertaining :thumbsu:

Interested on people's thoughts.

Brisbane and GC have the exact same colours (with the only difference being red and marone, which is only a slight difference).

When these teams play their rivalry matches, there will be a clash, so one team will need to wear their away guernsey.

I think for a rivalry within a state, it's good for both teams to be able to wear their home strips.

Thoughts? Will having to wear an away strip for their rivalry match take anything away from the on-field visuals?

Interested on people's thoughts.

Brisbane and GC have the exact same colours (with the only difference being red and marone, which is only a slight difference).

When these teams play their rivalry matches, there will be a clash, so one team will need to wear their away guernsey.

I think for a rivalry within a state, it's good for both teams to be able to wear their home strips.

Thoughts? Will having to wear an away strip for their rivalry match take anything away from the on-field visuals?

We haven't seen the official Gold Coast strip. I would have preferred for GC17 to be a little more ooriginal with their choice of colours but tts still very possible for them to use the same colours as us but create a strip that doesn't clash.

while i don't think having similar colours to your local rival is a good idea in terms on marketing, i don't think it's really an issue when they play each other.
it's looking like the jumper might look something like this.
TACCupRound1GoldCoastvEasternRan-1.png

here's my version of what the GC jumper will look like
Brisbane+Lions+Training+Session+-6X7arVEamyl.jpg

brisbane's jumper.
there's no real clash. the afl don't say brisbane and sydney clash therefore saying that red and maroon don't clash.

and if they do decide the teams clash i don't really see it as a big issue. adelaide/port and WC/freo HAVE worn away jumpers against each other before. i don't recall everyone going out of control saying the teams are a laughing stock for wearing an away jumper against their rival.

tl;dr: clashing with your rival isn't a big issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back