Prediction I give up, we're idiots. Thank you Nigel Smart, you're Just Right.

Where is Nigel Smart right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

cotchin got cleared to play the 17 GF, too. so that wasn't dodgy either.

anything that needs an investigation has a degree of dodginess.
Legal investigation cleared, rather than captain of Vic giant club cleared.

If that was Shiel hitting Cotchin he gets a week.

Fagan has sport in his CV, running an elite level sporting organisation is much the same.

Plus our board and coaching panels have plenty of experience and knowledge. What our club lacks is the courage to.make the tough decisions. It's always the safe options. Ironically the biggest risk we took was taking our players on a lunatic camp 2 years ago

That failed.

Every coach and key footy dept staff we have apart from Hart has no experience in their role. Rookies all.

Every coach and key footy dept staff we have apart from Hart has no experience in their role. Rookies all.
The one we do have that is experienced in Hart has been proven as a failure at this level, thus why Collingwood got rid of him and there performance improved after it.

The one we do have that is experienced in Hart has been proven as a failure at this level, thus why Collingwood got rid of him and there performance improved after it.

And we tried to demote him but had to reverse the call after Francou left. Excluding the hapless Hart, only Clarke isn’t in his first or second year in their role. Describing that group as having experience is misleading at best and delusional at worst.

Our coaches all have experience.

The greatest coach of our era in Clarkson has a worse record at the lower level then what we have.

Experience isn't the issue, it's our lack of guts to make the calls.

And we tried to demote him but had to reverse the call after Francou left. Excluding the hapless Hart, only Clarke isn’t in his first or second year in their role. Describing that group as having experience is misleading at best and delusional at worst.
The problem wasn't that we had to reverse the call about demoting him, it is that he was ever employed by is in the first place after being sacked by Collingwood.

Our coaches all have experience.

The greatest coach of our era in Clarkson has a worse record at the lower level then what we have.

Experience isn't the issue, it's our lack of guts to make the calls.
No a lot of our coaches do not have experience. Nicks, Godden, Clarke and Hart do, and both Clarke and Hart are proven failures. The others do not. Even Nicks with the exception of last year was never at a club with a successful program.

I agree with you that our lack of guts to make calls is an issue, but our we also lack experience as well.

Also, on Clarkson, he won a premiership at Centrals and got them to 2 grand finals in 2 years and was an assistant at Port when they won the flag in 2004. Please enlighten me as to how he had a worse record at a lower level than us.

The problem wasn't that we had to reverse the call about demoting him, it is that he was ever employed by is in the first place after being sacked by Collingwood.

No a lot of our coaches do not have experience. Nicks, Godden, Clarke and Hart do, and both Clarke and Hart are proven failures. The others do not. Even Nicks with the exception of last year was never at a club with a successful program.

I agree with you that our lack of guts to make calls is an issue, but our we also lack experience as well.

Also, on Clarkson, he won a premiership at Centrals and got them to 2 grand finals in 2 years and was an assistant at Port when they won the flag in 2004. Please enlighten me as to how he had a worse record at a lower level than us.
Why is Clarke a proven failure?

Hart is an abject failure, no question

Clarkson inherited a flag team and lost the unlosable in 02. Godden has also won a SANFL flag. He's been a consistently great coach at the level, and there's no reason why he can't translate. I do admit however, early signs aren't brilliant.

Tell me how Clarke is a proven failure?? I bet you can't, and don't sprout that "centre bounce setups" rubbish.

Nicks has been in the AFL system for about 10 years as a coach, and 10 before as a player. Wright has been in the system for 10 years too.

We have experience, I mean it's an easy cop out to say we don't, but we do. The issue is never experience, it's all about decision making.

Clarkson inherited a flag team and lost the unlosable in 02. Godden has also won a SANFL flag. He's been a consistently great coach at the level, and there's no reason why he can't translate. I do admit however, early signs aren't brilliant.

Tell me how Clarke is a proven failure?? I bet you can't, and don't sprout that "centre bounce setups" rubbish.

Nicks has been in the AFL system for about 10 years as a coach, and 10 before as a player. Wright has been in the system for 10 years too.

We have experience, I mean it's an easy cop out to say we don't, but we do. The issue is never experience, it's all about decision making.

Slightly off topic, but the two men who built that Centrals team from being a rabble in the SANFL were Alan Stewart and Peter Jonas. Reckon those two have been a bigger loss to our club than people realise - our player development has been almost non existent in the last few years.

I remember DABM being a bit concerned about them leaving, but it hasn't really been discussed a lot on here.

Slightly off topic, but the two men who built that Centrals team from being a rabble in the SANFL were Alan Stewart and Peter Jonas. Reckon those two have been a bigger loss to our club than people realise - our player development has been almost non existent in the last few years.

I remember DABM being a bit concerned about them leaving, but it hasn't really been discussed a lot on here.
Absolutely, Stewart probably more so but both had huge impacts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You and I at least agree on Hart.

Clarkson inherited an already strong team, and arguably made them better, and left Centrals better than when he started there. As a Sturt supporter, you should be aware that your own side was pretty good around the same period. Centrals were favourites, but Sturt were on a very good run later in the year.

Nowhere in my post did I question Godden's ability as a coach.

Regarding Clarke, tell me where he is a proven success? AFLW?

Nicks' and Wright's playing experience and ability do not translate as coaching ability, otherwise Clarkson and many others over many sports in the world would have been a failure as a coach.

The previous post that you replied to saying that we had little to no experience in the coaches box meant little to no coaching experience in the coaches box. That is how I interpreted that comment and would imagine that is how most others would have as well.

Why is Clarke a proven failure?
How long has he been at our club for, and what has the club achieved in that time?

How long has the midfield, which he has long been associated with, been a problem for?

As much heat as Camporeale deservedly received for his inability in the box, surely Clarke is just as culpable, yet did not, and still does not receive the same scrutiny.

To the best of my knowledge, and I will stand corrected on this, Matthew Clarke has been at the Crows for at least 10 years, possibly longer, and not one club has enquired about his services in that time.

Considering all of my points, how much of a success has he been?

I would certainly agree with you on that. They were certainly the foundations of what Centrals were in the 2000's.

How long has he been at our club for, and what has the club achieved in that time?

How long has the midfield, which he has long been associated with, been a problem for?

As much heat as Camporeale deservedly received for his inability in the box, surely Clarke is just as culpable, yet did not, and still does not receive the same scrutiny.

To the best of my knowledge, and I will stand corrected on this, Matthew Clarke has been at the Crows for at least 10 years, possibly longer, and not one club has enquired about his services in that time.

Considering all of my points, how much of a success has he been?
You’ve made a number of assumptions there based on your view from a distance. I’m not seeing it.

Regarding Clarke, tell me where he is a proven success? AFLW?

Nicks' and Wright's playing experience and ability do not translate as coaching ability, otherwise Clarkson and many others over many sports in the world would have been a failure as a coach.

The previous post that you replied to saying that we had little to no experience in the coaches box meant little to no coaching experience in the coaches box. That is how I interpreted that comment and would imagine that is how most others would have as well.
Improved Sam Jacobs to where he was generally classed as in the top 2 or 3 Ruckmen in the League for a long period.
Riley O'Brien developed nicely under Clarke's tutelage considering he was selected as a 19 year old rookie.
Kurt Tippett went alright when used in Ruck.
How many top young Ruck Prospects have we drafted for him to work with in the time he's been here? I'll answer that for you....None!

Ivan Maric went alright considering his lack of opportunities

Angus Graham?
Paul Hunter?
Luke Lowden?
Jono Griffin?
Keiran Strachan?

Have I missed any talented young Ruck prospects?

Improved Sam Jacobs to where he was generally classed as in the top 2 or 3 Ruckmen in the League for a long period.
Riley O'Brien developed nicely under Clarke's tutelage considering he was selected as a 19 year old rookie.
Kurt Tippett went alright when used in Ruck.
How many top young Ruck Prospects have we drafted for him to work with in the time he's been here? I'll answer that for you....None!

Ivan Maric went alright considering his lack of opportunities

Angus Graham?
Paul Hunter?
Luke Lowden?
Jono Griffin?
Keiran Strachan?

Have I missed any talented young Ruck prospects?
Jacobs I will grant you.
Not sold on O'Brien yet. I suspect you and I have differing opinions on Reilly O'Brien. If he is our number 1, we are in trouble.
Yes Tippett was alright, but only alright in the ruck.
Maric was probably harshly done by to some extent. But again was only alright. That is more on Craig than it is on Clarke.
Griffin was again only alright.

We may not have drafted any ruckmen with high draft picks. Nor have we developed any into top line ruckmen. He has been there for 10 years, how long would he like to develop one?

You’ve made a number of assumptions there based on your view from a distance. I’m not seeing it.
You may consider what I say to be assumptions. If you don't see what I am saying that is OK, you and I just disagree. Like I just said to Mutineer, name one ruckman outside of Jacobs, who was well on the way to being a top line ruckman Carlton, that he has developed into a top line ruckman?

Jacobs I will grant you.
Not sold on O'Brien yet. I suspect you and I have differing opinions on Reilly O'Brien. If he is our number 1, we are in trouble.
Yes Tippett was alright, but only alright in the ruck.
Maric was probably harshly done by to some extent. But again was only alright. That is more on Craig than it is on Clarke.
Griffin was again only alright.

We may not have drafted any ruckmen with high draft picks. Nor have we developed any into top line ruckmen. He has been there for 10 years, how long would he like to develop one?
How about giving him some decent product to work with instead of mature aged rookies and 2nd rate AFL cast offs like Angus Graham and Luke Lowden, the last one plucked from the Bendigo League [Strachan] and the previous one [Hunter] plucked from the NEAFL.

How about giving him some decent product to work with instead of mature aged rookies and 2nd rate AFL cast offs like Angus Graham and Luke Lowden, the last one plucked from the Bendigo League [Strachan] and the previous one [Hunter] plucked from the NEAFL.
I will agree to a point that he hasn't had a lot to work with at times. My point about the length of time he has had still stands. He would have been moved on by by now at a lot of other clubs.

And I might add Rhiannon Metcalfe went alright and considering Jassica Foley was new to Ruck she went pretty bloody well too.
You are not serious are you?

Are you geniunely insinuating that he has proven not to be a failure as a coach at AFL level because of his work with the AFLW ruckwomen.

Back