I Had No Idea That Was The Same Actor

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he was rocking that hair in the most recent Billions ep.

He is one of those local actors who arguably got their first notable gig (early glimpse) on The Pacific. Seemed a third of that big cast was locals, and despite some veterans in there a lot of them (nowadays names) were practically unknown then.

I remember watching the forgotten 1957 musical 'April Love' one wet Saturday a few years ago. This movie featured Pat Boone (a pop singer in the 1950s and 1960s) in the lead role, playing a ne'er-do-well young man who falls in with the wrong crowd, gets into trouble with the law and sent to his aunt and uncle's ranch, where he changes his ways and falls in love with a girl named Liz, the pretty tomboy daughter from the neighboring farm.

Liz was an absolute stunner, but I had no idea that I was looking at a young Shirley Jones, who in the early 1970s would become the mother from the sitcom 'The Partridge Family'. Interestingly, David Cassidy from this show was Shirley Jones's real-life stepson, and only Cassidy and Jones did their own singing, the other family members were dubbed.

Shirley Jones and Pat Boone are both still alive close to age 90 at the time of posting, but the actors who played the beta couple from April Love both died in the 2000s, while two of the actors who played the Partridge kids have also passed away; David Cassidy who died in 2017 and Suzanne Crough who played youngest daughter Tracy died in 2015.

I was watching the Aussie ABC series 'Bay of Fires'. Thought I'd look up who was playing one of the lead characters Jeremiah, as he didn't look familiar at all. The answer was Toby Leonard Moore. "Never heard of him", I said. So I looked up what else he'd been in and I had literally been watching him as a major character in American series 'The Blacklist' a month or so ago... & he's also in 'Billions'. Amazing what a beard & longer hair can do!

images
images

images
Good pick up, I didn't make the connection and watch all three of those shows. :thumbsu:

I was watching the Aussie ABC series 'Bay of Fires'. Thought I'd look up who was playing one of the lead characters Jeremiah, as he didn't look familiar at all. The answer was Toby Leonard Moore. "Never heard of him", I said. So I looked up what else he'd been in and I had literally been watching him as a major character in American series 'The Blacklist' a month or so ago... & he's also in 'Billions'. Amazing what a beard & longer hair can do!

images
images

images
Wasn't he also Kingpins consigliere in Daredevil?

With Halloween this month, lots of movies of this genre are rolled out in October, and one that frequently screened around Halloween is the 1993 horror comedy 'Hocus Pocus'. One thing I never realized until I happened to watch it last year is that the little sister is played by a young Thora Birch, then 10-11 years old.

I had no idea that John Michael Higgins was Elaine's bald boyfriend Kurt in an episode of Seinfeld. I've probably seen the episode ten times without recognizing him.

View attachment 1955093View attachment 1955094
If you think that bloke's unrecognizable from his Seinfeld self, try this one;

Sherman Howard, the bloke who got operated on in the 'Junior Mint' episode

735x414.jpg

also played probably the most famous zombie in moviedom, Bub from 1985's Day of the Dead

49653-bub_day_dead.jpg
day-of-the-dead-bub-small.jpg

Jim Carrey as the hermit in The Bad Batch movie was very good and it's hard to know it's him behind his big grey beard in real life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back