I Had No Idea That Was The Same Actor

Remove this Banner Ad

I either never knew, or forgot a long time ago, that Rain Wilson was in Galaxy Quest

jXOmj.jpg

Didn't known tom hardy played that campaigner with the mask in the dark knight. Shame on me.
I didn't care who he was, until he put on the mask.

In How I Met Your Mother, I didn't recognize the actress who played Marshall's mother Judy - Suzie Plakson - as the same actress who played the role of Joanne, Robert Barone's gold-digger ex-wife who took him to the cleaners in Everybody Loves Raymond. I did however recognize the actor who played Lily's father Mickey - Chris Elliot - as the same actor who played Robert's second wife Amy's creepy brother Peter.

So Lily's father was played by Robert's brother-in-law, and Marshall's mother by Robert's first wife. How's that for coincidence?

In the 1988 horror-comedy Beetlejuice I didn't realize that Lydia's (Winona Ryder) parents were played by two actors in some other movies I liked from this era. The mother was played by Catherine O'Hara, who played Mrs. McAllister in Home Alone in 1990 and its sequel in 1992, while the father was played by Jeffrey Jones who was the bumbling principal Mr. Rooney from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say his role in Titanic was his big break.

Talking about movies about the Titanic, I remember watching SOS Titanic (1979) as a kid and thinking it was possibly the best movie ever made. Of course, it pales now in comparison to the blockbuster Titanic in 1997. British actor David Warner was in both films, his character surviving the sinking in 1979 but going down with the ship (killed when it broke apart just before the final plunge) in 1997. I wonder if David Warner and his wife ever experienced problems encouraging their friends or relatives to take a cruise holiday with them after this?

Anyway, back to unrecognized actors, and in SOS Titanic one of the characters was a very pretty young stewardess. I had no idea who the stunning blonde actress who played her was and it wasn't until many years later I found out it was a young Helen Mirren, a future Best Actress Academy Award winner.

The 1979 Amityville Horror was a very eerie and very effective horror movie. Amityville 2, a prequel made several years later that was a heavily fictionalized version of the DeFeo murders in the house (the name of the family is changed), and is best remembered for the incest storyline, very controversial for 1982.

Then there was Amityville 3D in 1983, a completely fictional story about an investigative journalist who buys the house and moves in as part of a plan to debunk the hauntings at the property, and this is a truly awful film. In the film the journalist has a teenage daughter who is led astray by her bad influence best friend into having a séance, with fatal consequences.

It wasn't until years later that I learned that the daughter was played by Lori Loughlin, then a teenager, and the best friend was played by a young Meg Ryan in a 'before they were famous' role.

The extremely violent 1983 crime thriller 10 to Midnight starred Charles Bronson in the lead role and was about a serial killer who targets the daughter of Bronson's character and her friends. One of the friends is played by a young actress named Kelly Palzis, who later changed her name to Kelly Preston.

I only just realised last night that Brigitte Wilson (Billy Madison, Mortal Kombat) played Arnold Schwarzenegger's daughter in Last Action Hero.

Also Roxanne from the Black Mirror episode "Striking Vipers" played Mantis in Guardians of the Galaxy

Also Roxanne from the Black Mirror episode "Striking Vipers" played Mantis in Guardians of the Galaxy

Seemed to be a Superhero theme for the cast

Anthony Mackie (Falcon - Marvel)
Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (Black Manta - DC)
Ludi Lin (Murk - DC)

Does this also mean that Falcon shagged Mantis in a round about way? :think:

Kenneth Colley played the excellent Admiral Piett in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
ad piett.jpg

But he was also Jesus in The Life of Brian.
LifeofBrianColley2.png

The Python connection originated when he played Eric Oldthwaite's partner in crime on Ripping Yarns.
ColleyKenneth_RippingYarns_The Testing of Eric Olthwaite_Robber.jpg

David Caruso also played a main detective cop, in the first season of NYPD Blue. Until he wanted more money to carry on the role, then in came Jimmy Smits. Who was a presidential candidate in The West Wing. The Sipowitz character NYOD Blue , played by Dennis Franz, also played the copper character
Norman Buntz in Hill street Blues.

David Caruso played one of the gang leaders in Hill Street Blues.
Cth4KAXWEAAKGED.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back