I Had No Idea That Was The Same Actor

Remove this Banner Ad

Just off to the side was his punk mate, a young Bill Paxton
MV5BODMxM2E3OGYtNzEyNC00MGQ3LTljYjEtNjhmODZhOGE2YzhmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg

I guess the thing with Paxton is that you always know it is Paxton. I can't remember ever mistaking him for someone else. Brian Thompson on the other hand with that blonde hair. Thanks for recognising and contextualising the image though!

I guess the thing with Paxton is that you always know it is Paxton. I can't remember ever mistaking him for someone else. Brian Thompson on the other hand with that blonde hair. Thanks for recognising and contextualising the image though!

You are doing better than me, didn't recognize him until it was pointed out to me much later. Maybe the hair and tyre tread face paint?

Anyway that small part lead to him being a James Cameron favorite, so without it we would never have gotten William Hudson from Aliens, still one of my favourite characters of all time.

I didn't realize that the same actor Christopher McDonald who played villainous golf pro Shooter McGavin in Happy Gilmore in 1996 also played Thelma's loser husband Daryl in Thelma & Louise in 1991. Daryl would have to be one of the dumbest movie characters I've ever seen, for example when the cops want to tap his phone to try and trace Thelma and Louise if they call, Daryl looks blankly at them and asks 'How much will it cost?'. Then in the police station the young cowboy (played by Brad Pitt) passes him and asks him 'How's the wife?' before giving him a wink, having spent the previous night with Thelma. It takes Daryl several minutes to figure out what this means, before becoming angry and attempting to chase and attack the cowboy, who is long gone.

On same lines didn't realise Happy's love interest is the mom from Modern Family.

Aren’t there people that say they mix Paxton and Bill Pullman up. Not sure whether it was a joke or it was a serious thing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aren’t there people that say they mix Paxton and Bill Pullman up. Not sure whether it was a joke or it was a serious thing.

Haha yeah was a running joke for a long time as they were very similar.

Did not realise Johnny Depp was in Nightmare on Elm Street until seen a bit of it again recently.
Saw it at cinema back in 80's when just a teenager. I think he only made his name a decade later. I certainly did not know his name back then.

It's a great trivia question:

How did Johnny Depp die in the original A Nightmare on Elm Street?

He was eaten by his bed!

You are doing better than me, didn't recognize him until it was pointed out to me much later. Maybe the hair and tyre tread face paint?

Anyway that small part lead to him being a James Cameron favorite, so without it we would never have gotten William Hudson from Aliens, still one of my favourite characters of all time.
or Simon the used car salesman in True Lies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember being 'tricked' by the Z for Zachariah poster into thinking that Robbie was Lena Headey.

1614216778141.png

Always find it amusing when a lead actor is captured in such a way on the poster that seems intent to leverage resemblance clicks.

View attachment 1064656

Guess the actresses. I thought 3 of them were the same person.

Jaime King, Margot, Faith Ford
Samara Weaving, Emma Mackey, Jaime Pressly

The 1996 TV movie 'No One Would Tell' was a well made and at the time controversial film about a shy and naive high school student named Stacy who gets into a relationship with a popular jock named Bobby. Unfortunately for Stacy, Bobby turns out to be a controlling, jealous, violent and abusive boyfriend, and Stacy's attempts to get out of the relationship leads to her being stalked and ultimately a shocking and tragic outcome.

In the lead roles were Candace Cameron as Stacy and Fred Savage as Bobby, who both came to fame in late 1980s/early 1990s shows Full House and The Wonder Years respectively. It was quite unusual seeing Candace Cameron playing a victim of abuse and stalking when I was more used to seeing her playing responsible and wholesome DJ Tanner in the family friendly Full House, but even more surprising to see Fred Savage who played Kevin Arnold in The Wonder Years playing an abusive, jealous and violent boyfriend, and both young actors did well in their roles.

However, I was so absorbed watching Candace Cameron and Fred Savage playing such different roles that I failed to notice that Stacy's mother - an unassertive woman who allows herself to be treated like a doormat by a series of bad boyfriends and hardly sets a good example to her daughter - was played by Michelle Phillips, who along with Cass Elliot, Denny Doherty and John Phillips were members of the 1960s folk group 'The Mamas & the Papas', one of my favorite groups of this era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back