I Hate Being 6-3 Sometimes

Remove this Banner Ad

My wife is 174cm, pretty happy with that. She's too tall for most of the short people in this thread it seems. If you're under 6ft you might as well give up on life.
That's the truth.

I'm a bit of a manaverage at 6'2 and quite often I feel insignificant in crowds.

I brought up my height insecurity during a work meeting the other day and people thought I was joking because I'm fortuitously still the tallest in my team.

Feelsbadman when people laugh at your insecurities and don't take you seriously.

:(

Thing is there are so many tall guys who are absolute bitches. Soft footballers like Matt Taberner who wince at the sound of a pack but even in daily life some are just so soft. I guess it's from things coming easy, especially in terms of sport.

Not as bad as short guys who ride motorbikes or go to the gym and get as wide as they are tall in the quest for relevance but it's a definite phenomenon: over six-foot-two and scared of girls and goals.

giphy.gif

Love how he runs.

I'm 6'3" (read:6'2") and I make sure to tell everyone all the time. Especially attractive females.

M0A2Lzt.jpg

6'3 and really don't know what the OP is talking about. Only ever shop at normal clothing shops with little issue.

The main annoyance that jumps to mind is the animosity I cop from females behind me at music concerts / festivals. Invariably hear an exasperated "great" once I settle on a spot in a crowd.

This annoyance however is pretty comfortably offset by having an excellent view wherever I stand.

I hate it that my belly button is so dam deep. The amount of fluff I have to dig out has become such a chore

6"4' here. I call it "awkwardly tall", because you are definitely taller than average but you get the worst of both worlds (that being average and too tall).

Examples include:
"Oh you're tall - you can play ruck!". No. No I ******* can't.

"Do you play basketball?" No. Do you play mini golf?

Trying to find clothes that are the correct length but aren't super wide everywhere.

Having no head obstruction 95% of the time so you aren't on the ball when the occasional low-hanging branch / decorative item / lights / doorframe jumps out of nowhere to smack you in the forehead.

Having to pass on purchasing some cars because your head rubs on the roof lining, but other, shittier cars are fine so you have to buy them.

I'm also afflicted with size 15 feet. So that ******* sucks as you could imagine.

And no, I'm not an amazing swimmer because of them.
Mirror, is that you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

197cm here, also get the ‘do you play basketball?’ Question a lot which is annoying. I’m looking to play footy again this season for the first time in 6 years (since high school) where I played in the ruck and up forward for the majority.

Just praying that there’s someone taller at the new club I’m looking to join so I don’t have to ruck as much. Here’s hoping!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back