FootyEater

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Scarbrough Eagles
Lets face it guys, we bagged damian drum because of his lack of people skills. if we get sumich as coach we will revert to the drum era...... nothing will stop me being a member of our great club but if sumich coaches, i will be very very disapointed. he cant spit two words out in a conference let alone coach. he would be a disgrace, and i wouldnt want any west coast w***er to be the leader of our great team. what do you think.

Not a Sumich fan either. He went to Hami Hole just as I did. I remember him most for saying " I'm not a smart man but I can lift things."

Don't seem like coaching material to me>

Lets face it guys, we bagged damian drum because of his lack of people skills. if we get sumich as coach we will revert to the drum era...... nothing will stop me being a member of our great club but if sumich coaches, i will be very very disapointed. he cant spit two words out in a conference let alone coach. he would be a disgrace, and i wouldnt want any west coast w***er to be the leader of our great team. what do you think.

I think you should get over it. Could be worse, we could get grant thomas.

Not a Sumich fan either. He went to Hami Hole just as I did. I remember him most for saying " I'm not a smart man but I can lift things."

Don't seem like coaching material to me>

Your a donkey just like Jako who went to Hami Hole , Sumich I am sure was a St Brendan boy

Your a donkey just like Jako who went to Hami Hole , Sumich I am sure was a St Brendan boy

Back when I went to school when he went to Hami Hole. I even remember my younger brother saying he rocked up with Jacko and some other Freo based Eagles boys going there to back up Brian Gray's (Hami's footy coach) saying how good a coach he was at winning Teal Cup's.

He ma have changed to St NTTAWWTter's but I remember him clearly saying tha during training once.

I think you should get over it. Could be worse, we could get grant thomas.

would hate grant thjomas, but between him and suma it would be thne toss of a coin. anyone but suma.... please....... anyone! hate sumich. would rather ben allan back. anyone but suma..... even chris lewis. and he is an eagles w***er too

Back when I went to school when he went to Hami Hole. I even remember my younger brother saying he rocked up with Jacko and some other Freo based Eagles boys going there to back up Brian Gray's (Hami's footy coach) saying how good a coach he was at winning Teal Cup's.

He ma have changed to St NTTAWWTter's but I remember him clearly saying tha during training once.

Sumich did not play footy with Glen Jakovich at Hamilton Hill.
Quit cups not Teal cup.

would hate grant thjomas, but between him and suma it would be thne toss of a coin. anyone but suma.... please....... anyone! hate sumich. would rather ben allan back. anyone but suma..... even chris lewis. and he is an eagles w***er too

I am not exactly excited at the prospect of Suma but would personally prefer him to Grant Thomas by a long shot.

As for him being a former Eagle, as I have said before, I dont give a toss. In a way it is kinda inevitable that ex eagles will be linked with Fremantle as they had a lot of the best footballing talent and brains (not that i am suggesting Sumich is one of these) in the country in that era and almost all of the best talent from WA,and now they have all grown up and wanna be coaches.Personally, i am not bothered so long as Fremantle win the the premiership they deserve.

Sumich is an arse. Will screw us. Whatever we do, they better make sure Pav and co. knows who's going to be coaching them next year. Can't lose any stability. Personally, I think CC is the best option.

Personally, I think CC is the best option.

And I've yet to hear anyone put up a better AVAILABLE alternative. Pipe dreams of Sheedy or Mathews of course, and I'd suggest Pagan has fallen right away. You certainly wouldn't prefer Pgan as coach after the shellacing Connolly gave him.

The best argument so far runs along the lines of, "make a change, so that it's not the same".

I prefer the argument that goes "we seem to be pretty close, how can we get better?". Harvey obviously has brought in some hardness. Unfortunately, intelligence seems to have been sacrificed. Get the balance right and I think we're not too shabby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how OP's profile picture is so pixelated their is no way to tell who it is
this thread feels like it's from 1987, not 2007. I'm assuming they were no 'like' buttons back then, I can't even remember early Facebook. Some of these members have 1000s of posts and no reactions. Maybe the pixelated members are like old Victorian relics in an abandoned mansion, all covered in white sheets and dust.........I know it was recently Easter and all that, seems weird to resurrect other things, like this bizarro thread.

Pretty amazing that a standalone forum website is still the most popular forum for AFL footy commentary.

It was king in the 2000s but most forums splintered off into social media pages and Reddit. I'm not even sure if there's a BigFooty all?

Good stuff.

I'm guessing likes came later, either that or OP was not a popular poster: 1800 posts and 9 likes.

Wonder if we look up his search history we might find he wanted to trade Pav every off-season or something.
There were no likes back then. It was a pretty basic format

Remove this Banner Ad

Back