Roast I hate Spring and Summer

I love summer! The season definitely helps with my mood, couple that with Christmas and it's bliss.

Plus, my eczema is terrible during the winter. I probably came off my worst year of eczema lately, it is horrible and I really feel for you Dave, it's just s**t.

Here are a few tips that I use with my eczema
  • I apply a special eczema moisturiser cream for the worst eczema spots on my body, mainly my face and back, every morning after I wash my face, and after every shower. Basically apply it whenever you wash your face, as the water washes off the natural oil of your skin and it becomes very dry. I recommend MooGoo for this.
  • I apply just normal Sorbolene or any moisturiser after a shower all over my body.
  • When I shower, I have it warm/cold to cold. It can be very very tempting to use hot water, since it is one of the best feelings ever especially with itchy skin, but it is actually very bad if you have dry skin.
  • Don't use heaters! It dries your skin out. I'm not sure if this applies to air conditioning though.
  • Notice the signs of your flaring of eczema. Mine always starts off as a little itch, but will eventually get really bad and I'll leave marks on my face from scratching if I don't attend to it.
  • If I notice a bit of a flare up happening, I first take hayfever medication for it. Wash my face with cold water and apply MooGoo.
  • If it is still bad, or I have something important coming up and can't afford to have scratches on my face, I've been prescribed Prednisolone which is a bit of a wonder drug in terms of itching, in that it will relieve all itching. However, if you take it too often, it will eventually stop working after under a week, which is why I am very weary of not taking it too much, since I want it to work as best as possible when I do urgently need it.
  • I also use Mometasone, which is a prescribed eczema cream, and is very strong. It's good to apply to itchy spots but I try not to use it as much as I can, because it can be bad for you if you constantly apply it. I also find it helps with the red spots on your face with itching/rubbing.

You're kidding it's freezing out! Are you in Melbourne?

Well it was this evening in my house it was all hot and sticky. Though it has cooled off a fair bit since then

I love summer! The season definitely helps with my mood, couple that with Christmas and it's bliss.

Plus, my eczema is terrible during the winter. I probably came off my worst year of eczema lately, it is horrible and I really feel for you Dave, it's just s**t.

Here are a few tips that I use with my eczema
  • I apply a special eczema moisturiser cream for the worst eczema spots on my body, mainly my face and back, every morning after I wash my face, and after every shower. Basically apply it whenever you wash your face, as the water washes off the natural oil of your skin and it becomes very dry. I recommend MooGoo for this.
  • I apply just normal Sorbolene or any moisturiser after a shower all over my body.
  • When I shower, I have it warm/cold to cold. It can be very very tempting to use hot water, since it is one of the best feelings ever especially with itchy skin, but it is actually very bad if you have dry skin.
  • Don't use heaters! It dries your skin out. I'm not sure if this applies to air conditioning though.
  • Notice the signs of your flaring of eczema. Mine always starts off as a little itch, but will eventually get really bad and I'll leave marks on my face from scratching if I don't attend to it.
  • If I notice a bit of a flare up happening, I first take hayfever medication for it. Wash my face with cold water and apply MooGoo.
  • If it is still bad, or I have something important coming up and can't afford to have scratches on my face, I've been prescribed Prednisolone which is a bit of a wonder drug in terms of itching, in that it will relieve all itching. However, if you take it too often, it will eventually stop working after under a week, which is why I am very weary of not taking it too much, since I want it to work as best as possible when I do urgently need it.
  • I also use Mometasone, which is a prescribed eczema cream, and is very strong. It's good to apply to itchy spots but I try not to use it as much as I can, because it can be bad for you if you constantly apply it. I also find it helps with the red spots on your face with itching/rubbing.

I do have hot showers as it does feel very good but I normally put Celestone on the Itchy Skin to stop it.

I get it everywhere but worse seems to be Back and Legs. I can itch it so much on the Legs that at Times I have made it Bleed.

I have it all year round my dad had/has Ceris and That where I get it from

I do have hot showers as it does feel very good but I normally put Celestone on the Itchy Skin to stop it.

I get it everywhere but worse seems to be Back and Legs. I can itch it so much on the Legs that at Times I have made it Bleed.

I have it all year round my dad had/has Ceris and That where I get it from

Stop having hot showers! Trust me, I know how good it feels but it is much better to have less itching than a hot shower.

Stop having hot showers! Trust me, I know how good it feels but it is much better to have less itching than a hot shower.

I have tried having mild ones and I just don't enjoy it at all but you are right Heat was normally seats it off to be Itchy.

I should really work on having cooler showers and see if that makes a difference for me

Try starting it on mild, get in, and slowly make it colder and colder. It works, trust me!

Otherwise, I just pretend I just played a tough match for Collingwood and this is necessary for my recovery!

DThomas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2006
The Third Stone from the Sun
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yay, Christmas! I'll never be too old to get excited before Christmas, even though it's been about 15 years since I last believed in Santa.:D
3fbb391807614147b0d67a1d0a98b412c01305fdaea0962f742441d688597134.jpg

:p:thumbsu:

glendale

Draftee
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I made ginger juice to combat hay fever

Juice 1 green apple together with one peeled lemon with a small piece of fresh ginger (about 1-2cm/ 1 inch), a little cayenne pepper and – if you like – a teaspoon of sodium ascorbate (= vitamin C)
Put it all in a juicer.

Manic Magpie

Cancelled
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Find it hard to handle cool summers like this one. I feel like I have been cheated out of an entitlement. Apart from the football, I loathe winter.

Find it hard to handle cool summers like this one. I feel like I have been cheated out of an entitlement. Apart from the football, I loathe winter.

I loved this Cool Summer we been Having but Looks like it's going to Change with High 30 weather early next week:( Well it always seem to really start when the Australia Open Starts as it's always hot then.

Well I guess the Young Ladies be Less Covered Up;)

How's TD holding up?

Ps. I'm loving it!

Well better then I have the last few summers. Hardly had Heyfever not been very hot much. Though those 4 Days be a bit much but then sounds like going back to the Mid to Low 20's:D

Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm with you Dave.

Anyone with Hayfever / eczema will now how horrible Spring can be, especially when the breeze comes from any direction not from the South.

And summer just brings stupid hot weather which is just uncomfortable. Much easier to layer up to stay warm than strip off and still be hot.

Manic Magpie

Cancelled
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm with you Dave.

Anyone with Hayfever / eczema will now how horrible Spring can be, especially when the breeze comes from any direction not from the South.

And summer just brings stupid hot weather which is just uncomfortable. Much easier to layer up to stay warm than strip off and still be hot.
You and Dave should move to Iceland or Alaska.

You and Dave should move to Iceland or Alaska.

Few Years ago when my Gran was Alive, she use have a Home in Hobart and I use go down there over the Summer Holidays

Do you live in the tropics given your disdain for winter?

I go to Noosa only in the Winter when it's a very nice temperature.​
Well if he moves north then he can't get to Collingwood Games;)

Manic Magpie

Cancelled
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I go to Noosa only in the Winter when it's a very nice temperature.

Well if he moves north then he can't get to Collingwood Games;)
The one thing I like, and it's a big one thing, is the footy. The footy is everything to me in winter.

God I hate Spring. I get super bad Eczema(Very Itchy) and never really stops. I get Sore Muscles at Times. I feel very uncomfortable hot.

Just Hate It
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Hate is reserved for only things Navy Blue.

glendale

Draftee
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm with you Dave.

You right springtime triggers these allergies like eczema and hay fever. I use air filter to filter dusts and pollen during this time

Back