Roast I hate that I even care

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Instead of having a night out with my teammates in a team that I actually play for, and am invested in on a real, physical and literal sense, I am now home grumpy, pissed off and in a bad mood, because I am emotionally invested in a football team full of players that I have a) never met, b) will probably never meet, and c) have actually no discernible contact with ever besides the fact I hand over money to watch them play...

I hate that I care this much when it ruins what should have been a good night

All I hope is that this terrible rage that I have translates into me playing better tomorrow in my game than what any of the 22 Crows players dished up tonight...

I'm going to eat a crumpet and go to bed

Adelaide Football Club - Losing games that matter since 1999

Ah well still more premierships than the Port Power franchise.
Nah disappointed tonight, not angry just deeply disappointed. Will see if they have anything in them to turn it around in finals. The break could be a blessing

giphy.gif

Ah well still more premierships than the Port Power franchise.
Nah disappointed tonight, not angry just deeply disappointed. Will see if they have anything in them to turn it around in finals. The break could be a blessing

Can we please aspire to be more than just slightly better than our inbred neighbors?

WE should aim to be successful and strong in our own right.

While watching the travesty unfurl before my eyes at the pub last night, one of my teammates who is a Richmond supporter could see my angst. He came over and put his hand on my shoulder, and he said to me

"As a lifelong Richmond supporter, I've seen my fair share of Friday Night bullshit. Channel it, and remember this feeling now when you run out onto the field tomorrow... I've done that my whole footy life and I reckon I have always played best when Richmond have ballsed something up on the Friday night before hand..."

That's all I've got. Gonna try* to not even check the scores today for the other game to see if we stumble into 4th....

*will probably not to a good job of not checking though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"As a lifelong Richmond supporter, I've seen my fair share of Friday Night bullshit. Channel it, and remember this feeling now when you run out onto the field tomorrow... I've done that my whole footy life and I reckon I have always played best when Richmond have ballsed something up on the Friday night before hand..."

Might finally be able to snap a couple of losing streaks I'm on..... :eek:

And the annoying thing about the club is that when we have had years of no premierships the club hasnt even had the iq to tank and load up with top 5 draft picks.

Because that is an umproven recipe for success. In theory its a workable concept. But in reality virtually every side to have done it has failed. Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond, Port all say hi! Hawthorn is probably the closest due to Buddy and a few others but still had to trade in Burgoyne, Frawley, Lake, Gunston etc to get the job done. Its just playing a stupid lottery with no certainty of a pay out.

This morning I put some music on - a Pandora playlist - and then it selected an old song I hadn't heard for ages...The Smithereens "Behind the Wall of Sleep".
For three minutes I felt better.
Then they played a Ladbrokes ad...

Cheer up RadioJake. We will take the flag this year. Bookmark it.

This is the start of our dynasty. Been saying it all year.

Embarrassed 50,000 people last night.

Late in the third quarter, they just quit. Jake Lever chucked a big one at one of his teammates. Our choice if we want to quit on the season or give it our best next month.

At least no one will get their hopes up too high now

I never get my hopes too high. I knew West Coast were more experienced and had a good record at Adelaide Oval but I expected Adelaide to play a bit better. But for sure the excitement has been washed down the drain in some ways, 5th spot. All that hard work this season for probably nothing unless we go to a preliminary final from 5th spot. The worrying sign is we have failed miserably in the past (2007, 2013, etc) when expectations have been high but hope this core of players will have stronger belief than ever. They need to deal with expectation and deal with pressure. This is why Hawthorn, Geelong, and Sydney are always up there, they always have the belief.

Silver lining ....
We finish 5th and play Norf hopefully win...then we play whoever Geelong or Sydney destroy......Hopefully Hawks
(can't believe I'm saying that) While no double chance , odds are better we don't go out in straight sets..THAT would be disasterous!
We've had double chances before and blown them .....with the bye now that bonus of a week off is maybe negated somewhat. Of course, we play Norf and lose ... can't think about that :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

Sorry ...that's all I got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back