Toast I have faith in Jarrad Schofield

Will Jarrad Schofield be Port's next premiership coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We look from the outside and look at correlations and then make deductions that could be off the mark. People speak as if things are absolutel fact .
Things may be absolute fact. I'm just saying I don't know much about what's happening inside the club and asking to be educated a little by people who know more about it. No sarcasm, no passive aggression.

Abit premature pump the brakes but i may be bias as we had to be separated at billy bells 1 night many years ago .

Things may be absolute fact. I'm just saying I don't know much about what's happening inside the club and asking to be educated a little by people who know more about it. No sarcasm, no passive aggression.
Its not inside info. Its just people being sick of Hinkley, and assuming that Schofield is the hero when things go right. Midfield def improved, but IMO it is the weight of change right the club that is seeing us perform better.

I want to measure our Brownlow votes in the midfield this year to see what kind of impact Schofield has made. If we can get some players within close proximity of winning it, then I'd say he's definitely outdone himself

Schofield's midfield was owned this week...
Which is fine, Collingwood have one of the best midfields in the comp anyway, i hope for Schofield to bounce back, but it was his first time up against the Collingwood midfield, so to be honest I think he did a decent job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley is the senior coach. There is only so much the assistants can do.

So at best the assistants are responsible for 49% of the team's performance?

So at best the assistants are responsible for 49% of the team's performance?

Its very hard to put a number on it, they can certainly be more than that when things go right and the Senior coach is WORKING WITH THEM !

My point is, if their hands are tied there is only so much they can do.

Apparently last year, the assistants wanted to drop Wingard because of attitude issues, Hinkley refused.

Who was it that said Hinkley doesn't rate Frampton ? So if he isn't playing because Hinkley won't pick him is it Bassets fault as forwards coach we don't have a big dominant marking target ? Is he a dud Forwards coach ? Or is he working with one arm tied behind his back ?

I think there is a line of coaches currently waiting for Ken to get dumped. Voss, schoey and monty would all put a case forward. I just hope they dkmt take voss

I'm fine with Schofield's midfield getting dunked on by one of two grand finalists from the previous year, coaches have to improve from state league quality too.

I (and I imagine others) have huge tolerance for a new AFL coach to learn on the job, and no tolerance for a seven year coach to still be working out the fundamentals.

I'll say it again, I am stoked to have Schofield on board rate him very highly as a leader and a football thinker.

But it's quite the cognitive dissonance to try isolate blame within the coaching group, particularly when from the outside so much of their roles are based on extrapolative speculation.

Seriously?
Obviously it's not a determining factor, but considering our lack of brownlow contenders in recent years I'm curious to see both the quality and quantity of our midfielders in the votes with Schofield in control

Last edited:
I'll say it again, I am stoked to have Schofield on board rate him very highly as a leader and a football thinker.

But it's quite the cognitive dissonance to try isolate blame within the coaching group, particularly when from the outside so much of their roles are based on extrapolative speculation.
But, its a known fact that when we win its because Schofield & Monty have nailed it, but when we lose its is because ... Hinkley!
There is enough BF empirical proof to not believe otherwise.

Back