Toast I have faith in Ken Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardigram????

And whats a boththe??

Is that a immigrant that came by boat.
Think that functional literacy is communication. Not applying for a job thnk heaven, so no real concern for gram, spel and sent struc. Could never understand phonetics and sort of believe in whole language learning of language v skills based stuff.

The one advantage of losing to all the top 8 contenders (apparently) is we haven't exposed our true hand and come finals BANG watch out.

Mmmm... three talls and two short people up forward but the same average height overall...

<cunningplan.gif>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think that functional literacy is communication. Not applying for a job thnk heaven, so no real concern for gram, spel and sent struc. Could never understand phonetics and sort of believe in whole language learning of language v skills based stuff.

I do functional training, ill have to combine my literacy , hang on isnt functional things we all use everyday that is appropriate to most?

I for one don't give a s**t what Norfs or Collingwood do about their coaches. Just because they have blinked and gone down the but he's such a good bloke path shows why they will continue to get their mediocre results.

I wonder how their supporters will feel when they are still missing finals in 2020 and beyond?

Scott from nm 2 year extension to end of 2020. How does that compare to hinkleys situation? Over to you, await with some interest.
- Norf are clearly rebuilding, so Scott gets some leeway.
- Before you bring them up too, Collingwood have a President who is joined at the hip with the coach, meaning they won't get rid of the coach despite him making no discernible improvement to the club during his tenure.
- We have a talented list in its prime, and therefore at the moment should be balls deep in the top 4 on a yearly basis.

The situations are in no way similar, to answer your question.

Scott from nm 2 year extension to end of 2020. How does that compare to hinkleys situation? Over to you, await with some interest.
No doubt both Norf and Collingwood sounded out Clarko, Roos etc and hit a brick wall so, concerned there was interest from GCS in Scott and Buckley, took what they think is the safest path by locking them in. I am 50:50 on Hinkley. We should have won more games this year. Our games against Crows and Essendon were pathetic, we haven't won a showdown in years and these stats are all concerning. The other part of me thinks he's developing some good youth and the players love him. I would prefer our club waits until next year sometime to see our improvement and then decide weather to re-sign him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To return to Ken Hinkley...

I have to give credit where it is due as Ken has undergone a policy shift over the past few weeks. To his credit he has been prepared to take the less assured path by playing a few younger players and discarding one or two regulars. Impey and Trengove clearly were not working up forward so Hinkley opted to try something new and thus far we have prospered. After only one game Ken called time on Angus Monfries and decided to look at other options, that decision was probably not an easy one as it has probably called curtains on Monfries' career. Ken also dropped the out of form Hombsch, who we now know was carrying injury, while Houston and Pittard also had a stints in the SANFL. Rather than recycle Ah Chee or White he bought in Johnson who has shown, albeit in glimpses, that he has something.

It would be tempting to recall the likes of Impey, Trengove and White next week but hopefully we continue with an eye to the future.

Congrats for the young team we have for the first final. The transition and filtering from the team we had, while never loosing sight of the game plan personal structure has been good. Regardless of the result against wc, we obv have a direction and exciting. Looking forward to the game.

From page 35 of this thread
one for the faithful.

Wtf, as if that's new news.

It's stock standard Theo Dropkickopolous stuff.

It would be interesting if Blight, who is on the board at GC and Kenny being one of his disciples, if he'd come after Kenny if GC sack Eade. That's about all I got out of the story. I'd never thought about it before.

This was he first report I saw on a GC, Hinkley link which was on 7 news on 4th July, attached to the end of the Port will wait to the end of season to re-sign him story. If they ie Ch 7 knew about a possible move back then, then that means it probably had been discussed contemplated for a couple of months before that.

Last edited:
I for one don't give a s**t what Norfs or Collingwood do about their coaches. Just because they have blinked and gone down the but he's such a good bloke path shows why they will continue to get their mediocre results.

I wonder how their supporters will feel when they are still missing finals in 2020 and beyond?

What hpnd to know mre mediocre stuff. Time heals most self infected wnds

What hpnd to know mre mediocre stuff. Time heals most self infected wnds
great recruiting probably isn't down to Ken.

But if your Lord and master can't go seriously deep into finals with this lot then he needs to fall on his sword.

Also would it be too much trouble to ask you to write in English and in proper sentences? Thanks in advance

I've had my doubts about Ken and most certainly have them over his extension, but Hardwick & Richmond went 7 seasons without a finals win before winning the flag.

I'm living in hope that the faith invested into Ken pays off in the way it did for Hardwick.

great recruiting probably isn't down to Ken.

But if your Lord and master can't go seriously deep into finals with this lot then he needs to fall on his sword.

Also would it be too much trouble to ask you to write in English and in proper sentences? Thanks in advance

Question time: Do you think Rockliff would have come to Port Adelaide if Ken didn't sell him on the role he would play in our system?

Furthermore, do you believe that the head coach has a say in the type of player the list managers target in the trade period and select in the draft?

You're right about going deep into finals next year though. It's time to s**t or get off the pot while Gray, Boak and Ryder still have good footy left in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back