Toast I have faith in Ken Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The way this year is looking, the over riding question on whether KT/DK have faith is despite whatever reasons/excuses, is it acceptable the Port Adelaide football club makes 1 losing finals appearance in 5 years? Because if we are Port Adelaide then this is totally unacceptable.

Kens post maTch media session was typically balanced, and even, answering questions directly and honestly. He showed real empathy for understanding the group dynamics of the group re the popularity of charley to the group and charleys reciprocal bond with the player group. He is inclusive of other coaches eg mentioning that montgomery giving clurey the job on hawkins early.

If you do not want to read that ken hinkley has good, caring people skills as well as a vaste football experience do not visit this thread in future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kens post maTch media session was typically balanced, and even, answering questions directly and honestly. He showed real empathy for understanding the group dynamics of the group re the popularity of charley to the group and charleys reciprocal bond with the player group. He is inclusive of other coaches eg mentioning that montgomery giving clurey the job on hawkins early.

If you do not want to read that ken hinkley has good, caring people skills as well as a vaste football experience do not visit this thread in future.

My mum has good caring people skills, doesn't mean she should be an AFL coach.

My mum has good caring people skills, doesn't mean she should be an AFL coach.
Pushed the wrong button, anyway my response is selling the head coach hinkleys skill set way to short. The other role coaches are male and likely to be of the alpha type. Voss for instance has an aim agenda of being a senior coach which is fine. The line coaches are going to have a natural feel of ownership for their area, but they need to work cooperatively and as important to have trust with each other. This could be the dynamic the head coach leads or could be an an authoritarian type, which i doubt hinkley is.

Finally watching the replay.

One thing you have to give Ken (and Vossy/Schofield) is the way we moved the ball out of stoppage.

We decided at the start of the year that we wanted to be braver in using the handball to retain possession and get cleaner ball rather than just hoof it forward.

For the first half of the year it has often killed us as we turned it over "over possessing" the ball.

The coaches stuck at it and the Cats game was the first time I have looked at it and thought we are good enough to actually pull it off under pressure and gee it made a difference to our ball movement.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I desperately want to believe just need to back it up...and mean tough selections even it makes you cry type of stuff

I still have a slither of hope for this group.

Ken was great last night on AFL360. Strong, determined and proud. When he talked about Ryder/Lycett I was cheering from the couch.
I watched it as well ... was very impressed with what Ken said .. :D

Cant wait to have a look, which in itself is strange as I have kept away from most of his previous media stuff as I really have been annoyed by his ways.

Hopefully Boss351 can grab the footage.

For no other reason than a pure feeling I do think maybe, hopefully, there has been a decision to change our insular, softly softly ways and move forward in a more traditional Port Adelaide way.

If so, the decisions on team selection last week, the performance Saturday night and following media appearances all have left me feeling much more optimistic about the direction we are heading than I have for a very long time.

Early days but congrats to the Hinkley and co if this is indeed a sign of things to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back