I heard the term "chaos ball" used way too much this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
The new lazy footy commentators description for getting the ball in quick to the forward line. BT, the moron, used it 36 times in the one call on Friday night. As usual these dickheads ruin a good match.

Was the same last year, same lazy commentator, best remembered for trying to introduce candy as an expression in every day language not just yank sitcoms.

Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Cameron Ling even congratulated Maynard from bombing the ball to the GWS players because it went to ground. Like he hack kicked it forward and Ling congratulated the smart decision. Fair Dinkum
Yeah I remember that. It was an absolute mung that went to a 2v1 in a position that disadvantaged his teammate. GWS players easily got the loose ball and rebounded it. "Great kick". Absolute muppet.

JohnnyFontane90

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I think it’s a valid term. Kicking inside 50 with the intention the ball hitting the ground rather than marking does create chaos.

It’s not as bad as ‘surge mentality’ aka players trying to move the ball towards their goal, and ‘didn’t blaze away’ aka professional footballers thinking about who the kick to before they kick it.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I think it’s a valid term. Kicking inside 50 with the intention the ball hitting the ground rather than marking does create chaos.

It’s not as bad as ‘surge mentality’ aka players trying to move the ball towards their goal, and ‘didn’t blaze away’ aka professional footballers thinking about who the kick to before they kick it.

Are you suggesting they look for open space to kick to, not one of their players ?

I did hear Peter Moore suggest Darcy would prefer to play up forward, but given the delivery at the Pies he'd be better off pllaying down back - knows a bit about the game Peter.

I think there is an element of chaos in how some teams play. Richmond tap the ball forward a lot and capitalise on tackling pressure to create spillages. The overhead blind handball gets a fair workout too.

I do think getting the ball forward by any means and getting it to ground for their runners is a genuine tactic.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I think there is an element of chaos in how some teams play. Richmond tap the ball forward a lot and capitalise on tackling pressure to create spillages. The overhead blind handball gets a fair workout too.

I do think getting the ball forward by any means and getting it to ground for their runners is a genuine tactic.

If you kick it the forwards advantage sure, not just hack it forward without even looking.

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
The new lazy footy commentators description for getting the ball in quick to the forward line. BT, the moron, used it 36 times in the one call on Friday night. As usual these dickheads ruin a good match.
If the Pies had ignored their aspergic coach and delivered chaos balls in the rain, they would have won.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong

If Brian Taylor or Dwayne Russell was smashed in the face by a cricket bat every time it was uttered I believe I could cope with it adequately.

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics

Prestia runs through the middle of the ground kicks the ball into the forwardline to Lynch who spills a mark but is quick to regather and kicks truely

Commentator ... Richmond love the chaos ball style of footy lol

When will they bring back Rex Hunt?

I enjoyed his singing at the end of games.

Anyone remember how early he went in the the 2007 Granny? I reckon it was about 10 minutes into the second quarter

NoobPie

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
You sure did. And so did I. While I'm here, is there any other sport where the commentators (if that's what they are) spend half the
game talking/wondering/generally blah-ing on about the crowd size?

How does that annoy you more than the unstructured and illinformed whinging at umpiring by play by play callers or all the other self indulgent nonsense that comes out of BTS mouth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back