Rumour I hope it is not true

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendan Fevola joins band of hologram believers
David Riccio From: Sunday Herald Sun April 04, 2010 12:00AM

BRENDAN Fevola is part of a phenomenon sweeping world sports and Australian football codes: a $60 bracelet which claims to increase an athlete's core strength by as much as 500 per cent.

One insider told the Sunday Herald Sun that St Kilda players wear the bands, but a spokesperson yesterday could not confirm that.

In my non-bigfooty life I am a scientist and skeptic. We have dealt with holograms and magnets before. There is no scientific basis for which a hologram can interact with the body's energy fields. This is not a failing of science - it simply can't work. We would have to rewrite the fundamentals of physics to make these claims valid. These are laws of physics - not radical theories, that I am talking about.

Please say it isn't so - that the Saints have not been sucked in to these conmen's claims.
$60.00 a con doesn't sound like much - but these are $2 pieces of junk that are being pedalled off.

As a scientist, I would like to investigate these items and establish from their manufacturers just how they work. Then I would like to design an experiment to test their claims using a double blind methodology.

Knowing that exactly this was done this a few years ago, I am highly sceptical about this version with the same claim. I believe that it is going to be just as effective - a total flop.

Ah yes the insider, where the Hun writers pop on over to marketing and ask if they've heard anthing juicy from joe blow during their promotion and run with it.

"So while I was dropping off the latest ad campaign for SupahCoach (with Sheeds as a rabbit, epic lols yeah?) Gary said that he saw bigfoot buying a coffee in the lobby!"

*story is run*

"Oh turns out that Brunhilda just hadn;t shaved for the day... we'd like to issue a retraction calling the German exchange bigfoot, that was racist of us."

*retraction is printed in itty bitty writing in a rather small section no one reads anyway*

Yawn much.

BRENDAN Fevola is part of a phenomenon sweeping world sports and Australian football codes: a $60 bracelet which claims to increase an athlete's core strength by as much as 500 per cent.

One insider told the Sunday Herald Sun that St Kilda players wear the bands, but a spokesperson yesterday could not confirm that.

In my non-bigfooty life I am a scientist and skeptic. We have dealt with holograms and magnets before. There is no scientific basis for which a hologram can interact with the body's energy fields. This is not a failing of science - it simply can't work. We would have to rewrite the fundamentals of physics to make these claims valid. These are laws of physics - not radical theories, that I am talking about.

Please say it isn't so - that the Saints have not been sucked in to these conmen's claims.
$60.00 a con doesn't sound like much - but these are $2 pieces of junk that are being pedalled off.

As a scientist, I would like to investigate these items and establish from their manufacturers just how they work. Then I would like to design an experiment to test their claims using a double blind methodology.

Knowing that exactly this was done this a few years ago, I am highly sceptical about this version with the same claim. I believe that it is going to be just as effective - a total flop.

well alot of BFers claim it works, makes for some epic reading:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=655692

I did the physical tests with these things the other day and they do work. Now if this is just mind control or not i don't know but it seemed to have an effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry about testing them, get on board. I have the next generation bands that cost $30, are 23% more efficient, are ethically sourced, reduce CO2 and treat achne.

Special offer today only, buy three get one free.

Endorsed by Lance Armstrong and Tom Hanks.

Cheques payable to sauce.

Well instead of crapping on just do you double blind methodology and publish your results. "A scientist and a sceptic" lol. They're mutually exclusive terms.

Well instead of crapping on just do you double blind methodology and publish your results. "A scientist and a sceptic" lol. They're mutually exclusive terms.

They are not! If you are in fact laughing out loud, you are very easily amused and I suggest you should never waste your attending a comedy show. You can watch the funny grass growing instead.

Scientist: a person who is studying or has expert knowledge of one or more of the natural or physical sciences.

Skeptic: Modern sceptics have held diverse views: the most extreme have doubted whether any knowledge at all of the external world is possible ( see solipsism ) , while others have questioned the existence of objects beyond our experience of them.

Mutually compatible I would think. It's people who don't understand science, who are willing to accept magic. If the car seems to go along using some unfathomable system, why can't another unfathomable system make you play sport better.

I wear 10 of these at a time brothers.

Yesterday a car drove into me and was written off. I walked away unscathed.

True story.

I wear 10 of these at a time brothers.

Yesterday a car drove into me and was written off. I walked away unscathed.

True story.

Lucky that Quantas pilot was wearing one the other week.

Imagine what you could do if you wore a powerband and drank V at the same time.:D

Moi ,i can operate all power tools and drive my little semi-acoustic guitar amp from mine....honest truth :thumbsu::eek:

Haha, I bought a little battery amp for my electric guitar ( $15 ebay) , I'm sure it is the powerband that causes all the really cool distortion (more harmonics than zz top) , but how do I turn it off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back