Rumour I hope it is not true

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, I bought a little battery amp for my electric guitar ( $15 ebay) , I'm sure it is the powerband that causes all the really cool distortion (more harmonics than zz top) , but how do I turn it off.
Surely you'd never want to turn it off! I used mine to replace the old tubes in my 1200w Marshall stack - now Lemmy wants some too!

Nick dal santo has one on in todays vision from training
and Gardi was seen in one in photos as was BJ
I am almost to the point that if you see a guy with taped wrists there's a fair chance they have one or two on...

Well instead of crapping on just do you double blind methodology and publish your results. "A scientist and a sceptic" lol. They're mutually exclusive terms.

The onus of proof is on the group or individual making a claim, not on those who deny the claim. If I claim that the moon is made of cheese the onus is on me to prove that claim. By your standards any claim I make would be accepted unless and until someone disproved it.
http://www.cfpf.org.uk/articles/religion/br/br_god.html
second last paragraph may be of interest to you. Or google "Russell's teapot"

Rational scepticism (skepticism is a US spelling) is fundamental to science. It would be impossible to be an effective scientist without rational scepticism.
http://fora.tv/2010/04/24/Dr_Eugenie_C_Scott_Science_and_Skepticism

Saying 'scientist' and 'sceptic' are mutually exclusive terms is like saying 'dog' and 'canine' are mutually exclusive terms. the later is an essential quality of the former.
You could not possibly be more wrong. Not even if you tried (and I have great faith in your ability to be wrong).

Obviously your power-balance band does nothing to improve your brain!

Moi ,i can operate all power tools and drive my little semi-acoustic guitar amp from mine....honest truth :thumbsu::eek:
You can operate power tools? Hah, when I'm wearing mine, I AM a power tool!...

No, wait, uh, that came out wrong... uh...

Before, it used to be that I couldn't stop traffic with my ravishing good looks, but now, thanks to the powerband, I can stop traffic by beating it the hell out with the road.

Thanks powerade!

And now, here's Jerry to show you how you too can own a H20 mop! Pay with your credit card and we'll throw in this CD set, from those people who got old from that music genre you care about, you know the one, timeless classics, like if you give us your kidney you'll also get that series that screened in the 50's with that guy everyone knows. Yes, him, we tried to get him on for a guest spot but he wasn't quite that desperate for it, but you know he'll endorse it when he gets royalties!

But wait, there's more!

If you purchase within the next 5.4 nanoseconds whilst wearing a powerband, drinking powerade, whilst mopping with a H20 mop listening to your timeless tracks whilst watching your timeless series without a kidney, we'll have Barry come around to your house or place of work and mutilate one of your legs to replace it with a money tree. That's right, a money tree, made form money, you'll be the envy of everyone on your street with one of these!

As always it comes with time lifes powerful new timeless money back guarantee, where if you'r enot happy with your purchase or the self inflicted harm you've placed upon yourself, we'll refund the purchase price... but not the kidney, we like them, and your leg, well... meet Frank, the fastest man in all Mexico and his 700 thousand left feet GTFO of my office before he kicks your...

I think the power of my satire was too strong and thus was th ebalance thrown out, obviously I need to get me one of these bands to correct the problem.

As expected:

Power wristbands banned and refunds ordered by ACCC

"A WRISTBAND claiming to boost strength, balance and flexibility has been exposed as a fake.
The ACCC ordered Power Balance Australia to cease marketing its wristbands with claims of boosted sporting performance, and demanded they refund people already duped by the purported benefits.
"

I am slowly regaining some respect for the authorities

well alot of BFers claim it works, makes for some epic reading:

A lot of BFers believe in Zombie Jesus, talking snakes, and magical sky daddies too. Powerbands are a complete crock, but like religion, they are successful because there are a lot of gullible people out there.

As expected:

Power wristbands banned and refunds ordered by ACCC

"A WRISTBAND claiming to boost strength, balance and flexibility has been exposed as a fake.
The ACCC ordered Power Balance Australia to cease marketing its wristbands with claims of boosted sporting performance, and demanded they refund people already duped by the purported benefits.
"

I am slowly regaining some respect for the authorities

how can so many people get duped on this powerband thing. lots of people must be naive at the least!

half the footballers even use them, how stupid they must feel now!

SEN had great ads for them. they must feel stupid as well!

there are plenty who get through the school system with very little knowlege in science or physics and basically have no idea whatsoever how things work.
While they may be fantastic accountants or general managers or whatever, there is nothing in their minds to stop a power band from working just like a car works or a computer works.... by black magic.

there are plenty who get through the school system with very little knowlege in science or physics and basically have no idea whatsoever how things work.
While they may be fantastic accountants or general managers or whatever, there is nothing in their minds to stop a power band from working just like a car works or a computer works.... by black magic.

Doctor: So what seems to be the problem this time Mr Fevola?
Fev: Well Doc, I put on a powerband thingy
*doctor groans*
Fev: and it like, turned me into a newt.
Doctor: A newt?
Fev:... I got better

HolyGrail027.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

athlete's core strength by as much as 500 per cent ???:confused:

If I could invent something like that my house would be constructed out of gold.

The players wore them because they were sponsered to not because they thought they worked.

You can't take their money and come out and say they don't work.

I think we can afford to be more choosy than to lend our good name as a credible sporting body to profiteers who pass off junk like that.

how can so many people get duped on this powerband thing. lots of people must be naive at the least!

half the footballers even use them, how stupid they must feel now!

SEN had great ads for them. they must feel stupid as well!

When I heard that famous athlete Andy Maher talk about them in glowing terms on SEN I was sure they would work.

In our advertising we stated that Power Balance wristbands improved your strength, balance and flexibility.

We admit that there is no credible scientific evidence that supports our claims and therefore we engaged in misleading conduct in breach of s52 of the Trade Practices Act 1974.

If you feel you have been misled by our promotions, we wish to unreservedly apologise and offer a full refund.

http://gizmodo.com/5723577/

All those wasted today tonight stories.. :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back