I like GWS but hate Gold Coast. Anyone feel the same?

Coledinho

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 23, 2010
Upturn Park
AFL Club
West Coast
I think the club is just a ton more likeable in there approach and there endeavour at the contest. We all laughed at them after the North game but since then they have been decent value and good to watch

I love the fact they gave some retiring players a second chance. Power and Cornes deserved a proper send off and they are getting it at GWS and not only that they are playing some inspired football. Watching Cornes go a mile a minute on draftees wages has been a pleasure to watch as has the return of James McDonald to boot. Fantastic leader on the field.

I have enjoyed the fact they simply possess the ball better. Gold Coast turnovers were simply boring by seasons end. GWS arnt giving that away. You geniunely have to win the ball off them to get into the contest which is nice.

I guess however the biggest thing is I look at Ablett and think what a waste. I hate the fact the best player in the league is at a club that has no chance in hell of winning a flag before his career winds down. GWS also seem to have a better team spirit and hunger for the contest

In general GWS inclusion has been good, Gold Coasts has been s**t. Agree?

jethro11

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2011
London
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newc Utd/Heart/RM92/Indians
Disagree. I prefer GC over GWS. Maybe because Gold Coast as a city shits all over Western Sydney.

Smokin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

I have been saying this for a while - in short the Gold Coasts mature recruiting as been nothing short of awful. It is like they thought they would challenge 2-3 years in, which is just not planet earth type stuff.

GWS has a clear plan, and in 4-5 years will have a list so scary everybody will hate them for generations to come.

How a bloke like Campbell Brown can receive the pension plan he is getting is just wrong on every level. An absolute pretender of a league 'star' and had everyone bluffed for a while there.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Hate GWS. 'Greater' Western Sydney, WTF does that even mean?

bluemarq

Senior List
Apr 10, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
gold coast over gws because im a queenslander.

Officially now

1. Carlton
2. Brisbane
3. Gold Coast
4. GWS
5-15. Everyone else but
16. Port Adelaide
17. Adelaide
18. Collingwood

lol, another Blues fan who hates the Adelaide teams. I don't know why, but I've detested the crows from the get go, while I became a mortal enemy of Port after their disgraceful effort in the 2007 gf. Plenty of people travelled interstate and paid thousands of dollars to attend that game, and then for them to serve up that trash....

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
I think the club is just a ton more likeable in there approach and there endeavour at the contest. We all laughed at them after the North game but since then they have been decent value and good to watch

I love the fact they gave some retiring players a second chance. Power and Cornes deserved a proper send off and they are getting it at GWS and not only that they are playing some inspired football. Watching Cornes go a mile a minute on draftees wages has been a pleasure to watch as has the return of James McDonald to boot. Fantastic leader on the field.

I have enjoyed the fact they simply possess the ball better. Gold Coast turnovers were simply boring by seasons end. GWS arnt giving that away. You geniunely have to win the ball off them to get into the contest which is nice.

I guess however the biggest thing is I look at Ablett and think what a waste. I hate the fact the best player in the league is at a club that has no chance in hell of winning a flag before his career winds down. GWS also seem to have a better team spirit and hunger for the contest

It must be a West Coast thing. I tend to feel the same toward GWS and haven't warmed to the Suns.

Coledinho

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 23, 2010
Upturn Park
AFL Club
West Coast
I like chicken but hate fish. Anyone else feel the same? :rolleyes:

I dont think of things like toughness and attitude when im choosing chicken or fish TBH :D

I just geniuenly feel GWS are making a better fist of it already. They play attractive football and arnt relying on anyone to compete.

Surely thats more admirable then just throwing the entire weight of your team on one mans shoulders?

A great theme song too might I add

GC are out to make friends, GWS are here to make enemies.

We'll see which approach wins out, yesterday was pretty insignificant.

whitey_1975

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Around the Bend
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
All OZ BBallerz,PPenguins,CBengals
lol, another Blues fan who hates the Adelaide teams. I don't know why, but I've detested the crows from the get go, while I became a mortal enemy of Port after their disgraceful effort in the 2007 gf. Plenty of people travelled interstate and paid thousands of dollars to attend that game, and then for them to serve up that trash....

Yeah i find it odd, considering you were one side through the 80's that would have been a nothing team without your SA players:p
I supported Carlton before the crows came in because of Sticks Kernahan, now I agree I hate Carltank with the same passion you hate the Crows

PykeDream

Only the Betts
Sep 2, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dislike them both really, GWS moreso because of the Sheedy/Choco/Chad/Brogan/Davis combination. Not a fan of the armchair ride in terms of concessions they've received at the expense of clubs like Port, Brisbane the past few years.

Bennell, Bock, Wilson and Hombsch the only four players I actually like from those sides.

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Hindsight is 20/20

GC's recruiting was fine, and they delivered 3 more wins last year than many good judges of footy thought they'd get.

The best GWS recruiting was Mohr and Giles, though. Take those two out, and the side looks a lot smaller, and a lot more fragile.

And for those of you who hate us ... we welcome your hate.

Heres a copy of Fossil's hit on an unsuspecting Luke Parker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf5uwbdee9A

Coledinho

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 23, 2010
Upturn Park
AFL Club
West Coast
Dislike them both really, GWS moreso because of the Sheedy/Choco/Chad/Brogan/Davis combination. Not a fan of the armchair ride in terms of concessions they've received at the expense of clubs like Port, Brisbane the past few years.

Bennell, Bock, Wilson and Hombsch the only four players I actually like from those sides.

Coniglio, Cameron, Giles, Bugg, Geeene, Shiels, Townsend have all won me over so far :heart:

Bennell and D.Swallow are the only Gold Coast youngsters to win me over. Prestia would be close but he turns it over too much

JackoSpades

All Australian
Sep 24, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal, Daniel Ricciardo
Hate GWS. 'Greater' Western Sydney, WTF does that even mean?

It means the ugly red and white swans will need to watch your backs.
You have collingwood mark2 in your backyard
They will take a majority of the nsw supporters and steal your sponsors, they will have a better record than you in 10 years too.
Be afraid little swanette be very afraid!

Coledinho

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 23, 2010
Upturn Park
AFL Club
West Coast
GC are out to make friends, GWS are here to make enemies.

We'll see which approach wins out, yesterday was pretty insignificant.

Yesterday IMO just showed they have better young talent already. Thing is there number 1 draft pick hasnt gotten a crack yet either in Jonathon Patton. Add him to the mix (need a CHF badly) and in reality they have already completed there spine, 8 games into starting up as a club

Mohr
Davis
Coniglio
Patton
Cameron

Thats got a bright future ahead of it

Masto

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't know why but GWS feel more like a real team. The jumpers that Gold Coast wore makes them feel like a cheap manufactured product.

Coledinho

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 23, 2010
Upturn Park
AFL Club
West Coast
Quite the opposite actually. Hard to like anything involved with Sheedy and Williams.

As opposed to Guy McKenna who geniunely has no idea what he is doing?

Sheeds and Williams are very good coaches whether you like there personality or not. Got to respect them for taking on such a hard task too given there ages and what they have already achieved in the game. Have a newfound respect for both of them now

Back