I love Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Davy, it’s just a joke. You don’t need to take everything so seriously on this board.

You are of moderate intelligence on a good day, so don’t always go trying to interpret these things - it will sail over your head like a Sav Rocca shot from 50.
I don’t joke about my love for the Pies.

This is supposed to be a board for people like you. You wouldn't believe that if you read what is posted on it.
Just imagine how exciting this board would be if every poster simply wrote love letters to the club regardless of where we finished or how we are coached. It makes me shudder just thinking about it and I am as passionate about the Pies as anyone on this planet.

I’d assume so. I just felt like saying so.
I just wanted to start a positive thread about the club we all love .◼◻
If you read through a range of threads on the Collingwood forum you will find pages of supporters talking about their love for the club and passion for its history. It's not a rare thing.

If you read through a range of threads on the Collingwood forum you will find pages of supporters talking about their love for the club and passion for its history. It's not a rare thing.
I’m not trying to be
revolutionary, I’m just trying to divert from negativity.
Go Pies!!!

We all love Collingwood here, or we wouldn’t have signed up.
But we are all human and that means we all have different views on the way the club is run.
Be pretty boring if we were all robots constantly repeating the party line.
Long live diversity, long live Collingwood.

I love Collingwood so much, and my emotions flow at this time of year. It really hurts at that we aren’t in the Grand Final. We are a magical club.
Far out man. Sometimes my emotions flow at anger towards my long line of family Pies that i was born into giving me no choice but to support Collingwood and the fact that I have passed this on to my children as well, but you are right, we are a magical club. Peace brother. GO PIES!!

I’d assume so. I just felt like saying so.
I just wanted to start a positive thread about the club we all love .◼◻

It's obvious this thread is a reaction to all the negative posting about the club right?

So what is the cause of all that negativity? I could give you a clue but if you haven't been paying attention then it's likely you won't know the answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I wish I was. Just happy drunk watching Wall to Wall Collingwood DVD last night.
My appologies, Don't stress, as frustrating as it is at times, I love this club with an unhealthy passion, too many years sitting at Victoria Park and watching our boys kill it in the home and away only to lose the big one

The first Collingwood Grand Final I went to was in 1980. I went to the 1981 one as well. I was lucky enough to be there in 1990. Still to this day the happiest day of my life.
Was working in SE Asia from 2000 until 2012. I missed the 2002, 2003, 2010 replay & 2011 Grand Finals. I flew back to see the draw, but couldn’t stay another week.
I’d be more than happy if I ever see another one live. Covid isn’t assisting us there, with reduced crowds etc.

It's more tough love for me

Two flags in what, 60 years? Meanwhile Geelong and Richmond going for multiple on the same decade....
This century, if you include the year 2000, the 21 premierships have been won as follows;

13 won by Hawthorn, Brisbane, Geelong & Richmond

4 won by West Coast & Sydney

4 won by Essendon, Port, Collingwood, Bulldogs

Thats 17 of the 21 flags won by 6 teams - 4 of which you could consider had an "era" (assuming Richmond win today).

We've had 2 in 60 years.

But everything is fine, it really is, we have the best coach, we have the best football department, recruiters & list management. We have the best President & Board.

Its just been bad luck that we are not up there with Hawthorn, Brisbane, Geelong & Richmond.

It's more tough love for me

Two flags in what, 60 years? Meanwhile Geelong and Richmond going for multiple on the same decade....

Yep, it’s almost as if all those lots GF’s have dampened the expectations/aggressiveness of the club and supporter base

I envy the way the Hawks go after it across the board.

We have made more GF’s than any club and if you look through some of the sides, we have an amazing ability of getting some average sides into the big dance - unless we are cursed, statistics say we should win the next few we make.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back