I need a car

Remove this Banner Ad

My 4 cylinder Elantra has no trouble whatsoever going up and around a few steep hills when I drive up to the country....plenty of oomph, although have never towed anything, so that may be a different matter.

Petrol is reasonable too.

I drove my canary yellow Chrysler Sigma from Brisbane to Perth and back and Brisbane to Cairns and back in the late 70s and it never missed a beat, I think you can get one now for a packet of twisties.

Why wouldn't you get a newer model Camry then? Can pick up a 2014 model that's done around 50,000kms for 15k. Ca't go wrong with any Japanese cars.

Just recently was looking around for a used car and did extensive research and almost everything I read said the same - Japanese = super reliable.

Screw the Kids, get an MX5.;)

Having significant experience with the Hyundai i30's (circa 2013-2015 models) - whilst a good car - avoid the automatic models like the plague.

Significant power drop and slow gear changes compared to the manual version, really noticeable at traffic light take off.

All in all the i30 (manual) is a quick and very responsive handling car, plus the fuel economy is pretty good.

Screw the Kids, get an MX5.;)

Having significant experience with the Hyundai i30's (circa 2013-2015 models) - whilst a good car - avoid the automatic models like the plague.

Significant power drop and slow gear changes compared to the manual version, really noticeable at traffic light take off.

All in all the i30 (manual) is a quick and very responsive handling car, plus the fuel economy is pretty good.
the jump from 4-6 speed gearboxes has pretty much resolved these sort of issues in 4 cylinder cars

If someone says they have a P76 in working order the rest of the post is probably rubbish too
Yeah electrics weren't great. But you could fit a 44 gallon drum in the boot. They were popular with Port supporters many of whom needed to move dead bodies

I've had a few car issues this week and I ended up talking to a transmission guy (as opposed to a trans guy).

He was saying VW are making cars with "biodegradable" wiring looms, so when the loom inevitably goes the car is "worn out".

Had good things to say about toyota and hyundai and not a lot else.

Modern cars are generally crap as far as build quality goes. You get a single circuit or sensor fail and the car is FUBAR.

I've had a few car issues this week and I ended up talking to a transmission guy (as opposed to a ****** guy).

He was saying VW are making cars with "biodegradable" wiring looms, so when the loom inevitably goes the car is "worn out".

Had good things to say about toyou a and hyundai and not a lot else.

Modern cars are generally crap as far as build quality goes. You get a single circuit or sensor fail and the car is FUBAR.
You can't say t r a n n y?????

We ended up buy a car for the mrs instead. We settled on a 2015 Mitsubishi ASX it is a really comfortable drive. The mother in law has one and she has put 150k on it with no issues. Thanks for the suggestions, in the end, Happy wife = happy life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We ended up buy a car for the mrs instead. We settled on a 2015 Mitsubishi ASX it is a really comfortable drive. The mother in law has one and she has put 150k on it with no issues. Thanks for the suggestions, in the end, Happy wife = happy life
Still under warranty too.

I am looking for a triton atm of a similar age.

yep another 3 years. That was an attraction. Good luck with triton. I want something like that when we get rid of the dualis in a few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back