I need help to identify this piece of KFC chicken

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 11, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes, believe me this is a thread of uttermost importance.

I know it is takeaway food, so it is greasily evil, but to me, KFC chicken is delicious greasy evil.

Anyway, for years now, there has always been one certain piece of chicken that I have thoroughly enjoyed the most, but have never been able to identify. The other day, I brought home KFC and decided to take a photo of the piece, so that the good people of Big Footy with superior chicken knowledge may help me out. I took two photos of the same piece of chicken, just one of either side of it.

I do not think it is the breast because the bones don't contain ribs like other chicken pieces do, but rather it contains a single piece of cartilage running through the middle. The majority of the piece is just chicken meat.

Any clues?

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
10k Posts RIP North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Aug 20, 2002
Petrie Motlop sponsor '03
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Parsons nose.

Sep 10, 2000
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WEST COAST
Yes, that is the breast. The cartilage is the 'sternum'. It doesn't have ribs because, strangely enough, the 'rib' pieces have those!

And yes, I say this because I too used to work for them...i miss staff discount!

Jul 11, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
^haha no, but now that you mention it...

next time i go to kfc and order a 2 piece feed, i'm gonna have to ask for "two breasts please"

*har har har*

:D

thanks for the help

it's parson's nose or breast, but given that the two people who worked at kfc that replied said it was a breast, i'll go with them. plus the fact that the bone resembles the sternum makes sense. i just assumed that the piece with the ribs was the breast coz i was told that when i was a youngun

end of rant

Kerrby

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
^haha no, but now that you mention it...

next time i go to kfc and order a 2 piece feed, i'm gonna have to ask for "two breasts please"

*har har har*

:D

thanks for the help

it's parson's nose or breast, but given that the two people who worked at kfc that replied said it was a breast, i'll go with them. plus the fact that the bone resembles the sternum makes sense. i just assumed that the piece with the ribs was the breast coz i was told that when i was a youngun

end of rant

This was a rant :confused:

kfc genetically modify their chickens to grow with no beaks feet and feathers so god knows what it is.

rabbit's foot?:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
SYD
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lions
Bring back hot & spicy!

Nowadays I only go to KFC to get the Wicked Wings. Perfect side dish to the kebab/pork roll/$2 chips (quite a large serving, large chips as well)/long neck beer that I get from the same strip mall.

sear

Senior List
Feb 17, 2007
Canada
AFL Club
Sydney
On a side note I hate the ribs piece. Biggest rip-off ever even for KFC standards.

Dont you mean the wing? ribs are actually pretty good - you get the white breast meat which is the most popular and its pretty easy to eat - wings are a rip off - i work at KFC and usually feel bad giving people them - we have to sell them though so i usually just give more of them to the mean stuck up customers :p

The Mighty Eagle

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mt.Buller Dees & Crocs
image009gc8.jpg

image010yx5.jpg
Nice plates.

Jul 11, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
^The Parson's nose probably looks the same and is a very "meaty" piece, but due to the shape of the bone I'm going to go with centre breast. I shall find out next time I go to KFC. I'll be asking for "two centre breasts please" if I get a 2 piece feed (two breasts could sound rude).

Then again, I'm deifnitely no chicken expert. I don't recall knowingly eating the parson's nose.

Next time I go to KFC (prob in a month's time) I shall report these essential findings to the good people of BF.

Jul 11, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It brings a smile to my face that someone rated this ground-breaking thread a measley one star :)

and LTD, as great as kfc tastes to some, it must be eaten in strict moderation, because of all the unhealthy takeaway, kfc is right at the top of the pile

edit: TME, not sure if that was sarcasm or not (been reading a lot of limbo club this week), but thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back