I need some help!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 20, 2000
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ok all you guys that go to the gabba, what r we to do.....

There is the new 2 hour parking limit in the surrounding area...What r u guys going to do????? I really can't see me going out of the ground half way through a match just to move the car.

Sure I don't mind catching a bus from carindale, except that It's going to add to the costs of the day.....What r u guys going to do??

Hey Joshy Boy, how ya doin man?
I always go really early to the games so I get a decent park near the ground. It gives me a chance to watch the Cubs play or a great game of the local stuff.
But I can understand where your coming from.
cheers...

Doesn't worry me cos I roller-blade everywhere!
biggrin.gif

We park in the Lions (the charity group) car parks each game. I think it is worth a $5 donation to their medical research fund to park so close to the Gabba.

Joshem,
When I go to the Gabba I normally park up near Longlands St. It's about a 5 minute walk to the ground (approx 5 blocks)and when you leave you can either turn onto Vulture St or if you are going the other way into Stanley St.

I don't believe its a 2 hour limit there unless the Council have changed it recently.

Yeah that's where we usually park, but only very recently the council introduce that rule. I think it's their way of promoting the bus way. If you drive along (Vulture? Stanly?) street, there are big electronic signs on match days (at the cricket) that say it. And the sign is about 5km from the ground.

We also got a notice about it the last lions game at the gabba last year. It's really stupid!

I think that one way to solve the car parking problem is to open up the school as a car park. They could charge $5 a car and give the school a large percentage of the profits.

While there is no way that this would completely fix the problem, it wouldn't be a bad idea for both parties. The school gets the money from the lions for using their land as a car park, and people would arrive earlier at the game to get a good car park, and therefore they might watch the reserve game and give their support to the Cubs.

There is another idea, but that involves holding a little garden gnome (aka Lord Mayor Jim) hostage until the parking restrictions are lifted.
smile.gif

i think we will either pay for parking but to get it now i guess we will have to come super early which is not possible all the time eg. saturday night games, when u play footy on saturdays you don't leave the club till after 6pm let alone get to a game before 7pm, i think with five of us with tickets we will either catch taxis which will probably end up cheaper then driving to a shopping centre then getting on a bus. I am not 100%sure, but with ticket prices continually escalating this is another expense that pisses us all off.

Isn't the school already used for parking? I know that it used to be.

Quite a few years ago, we 'the supporters' were able to buy a 'season' parking ticket for the school grounds, it was some small fee like $60 for the season or something. But for the last few years, it has been allocated for the Corporate Members to park there.

we live very close to the gabba so this dosent worry us so much as we can walk.

free buses would do the trick. if the council wants people out of their cars then they have to put out

it's stupid when a family can catch a taxi with all it's conveniences & work out cheaper than bus fares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back