Mega Thread "I need to vent" thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

When my parents were young it was a sign of affluence to have any top front teeth. You got your second teeth and then they rotted and you got dentures by the time you were married. The Pies wouldnt sell them a membership because they didnt have any front teeth... sad really

Actually speaking of teeth, I have had a phobia of losing my teeth since my teenage years after seeing someone playing with their loose false teeth, subsequently have spent a fortune on looking after mine.

Need to have a root canal on one of my back teeth and after private insurance rebate will be out of pocket to the tune of $1000.

Actually speaking of teeth, I have had a phobia of losing my teeth since my teenage years after seeing someone playing with their loose false teeth, subsequently have spent a fortune on looking after mine.

Need to have a root canal on one of my back teeth and after private insurance rebate will be out of pocket to the tune of $1000.

It might be time to open up a dentistry thread. I'm thinking of doing one on gout...

My mouth is doing its darndest to get me to comply with the memo.
I broke a tooth a few months back. Was having a scotch on a Sat night and bit down on some ice. Got in to see a dentist in Sunshine on the Sunday. Beautiful Vietnamese lady who was oh so gentle. The chair even had a massage function. She also leaned in a lot with lots of body contact.

First time I enjoyed a dentist visit.

I broke a tooth a few months back. Was having a scotch on a Sat night and bit down on some ice. Got in to see a dentist in Sunshine on the Sunday. Beautiful Vietnamese lady who was oh so gentle. The chair even had a massage function. She also leaned in a lot with lots of body contact.

You were being punished for mistreating scotch with ice

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You were being punished for mistreating scotch with ice

Well said.
I do love to add ice, like it cold and as the ice melts you get more drink.

I'm going to put a stop to positive thoughts for a second. I want to complain about netflix. I should be complaining about the whole visual entertainment industry but lets start at netflix. Beggars cant be choosers but its hard to find anything worth watching. Yeh it's ok if you like something about vampires or some ridiculous sci-fi thing. Even things that started off fabulously like peaky blinders gradually drifted into a soap opera. You would expect that with programs monitoring my viewing habits etc etc etc, that netflix could point me at something that would be appealing to me. I dumped kayo today for obvious reasons. And the PM tells me that we're inside for the next few months....

As the world currently stands, I am finding the idea of ice to be an unnecessary impediment.

Then you won't be standing so much.

Just returned from having my tooth out (bad timing, couldn’t be avoided).

40 something woman comes out of the surgery ahead of me, goes to the counter to pay. Ignores the taped line to keep her distance and is all over the counter with her hands and arms, and then empties the entire contents of her bag on the counter to find her purse. Unbelievable. The receptionist looked stunned.
That’s it all in a nut shell.

the few that can hurt the many.

Funny thing, the many are trying to protect the few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s not the massage place in Sunshine called:

Hot Mouth Massage ? :fearscream:

Was it $50 for the consultation of 30 minutes then extras?

Just returned from having my tooth out (bad timing, couldn’t be avoided).

40 something woman comes out of the surgery ahead of me, goes to the counter to pay. Ignores the taped line to keep her distance and is all over the counter with her hands and arms, and then empties the entire contents of her bag on the counter to find her purse. Unbelievable. The receptionist looked stunned.
Was at the chemist yesterday.
All fairly good, man sprays your hands with disinfectant on the way in. People avoid standing close in aisles and at counters.
But........ at the checkout everyone stands 1.5 metres apart waiting for their turn at the register. Two out of six registers working. And yep, you guessed it, two right next to each other!
Not a hope in hell of customers complying with the new law. And how about the cashiers?
who the hell decided that two registers had to be side by side?
Absolute stupidity.

For anyone getting agitated by the virus and surrounding news, I'm hoping for the best for you and for us all.

These are serious times but if everyone grasps the magnitude and acts accordingly hopefully we can do a lot to slow infection rates and resumed normality.

Wishful thinking probably but nonetheless if there's a focused community effort we could get there.

It seems that Trump has given the wealthy until easter to get to their island hideaways, and then he's going to pull his finger out of the hole and have an almighty rush to herd immunity. Things are working well on the financial front too where the republicans are going to transfer a ton of wealth to business owners and further accelerate the gap between rich and poor. Meanwhile celebrity billionaires are donating the equivalent of lunch money to buy a few ventilators.... the big trick is to pull it off without the american public rioting....

Can you explain what you mean by a VPN? How does it speed up the internet? Clearly I am not tech savvy
I’m not tech savvy either. In two weeks time I will be delivering the Victorian Curriculum online.

yay...

I had an awful dream last night that we lost to the Hawks AGAIN. JDG kicked four and some debutant for us (no one I recognise as an actual player) kicked 3 but the Hawks somehow fought from like 25 down to beat us by 25. High scoring game, 170 to 145.

I miss footy :(

I had an awful dream last night that we lost to the Hawks AGAIN. JDG kicked four and some debutant for us (no one I recognise as an actual player) kicked 3 but the Hawks somehow fought from like 25 down to beat us by 25. High scoring game, 170 to 145.

Sorry, I missed an easy shot.
Should've kicked four....

The unrecognised would have to be Tom Wilson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back