Mega Thread "I need to vent" thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Two interesting articles from the news.com.au site.... the mouthpiece of rupert murdoch....

Both try to be humorous and both are taking a shot at the measures used to contain the virus. It seems that Rupert is safe and secure in his hideaway somewhere and now wants to get things moving again. Not that Rupe is going to be the only source of discontent. I get a feeling that many younger and fit people are having their patience tested with the restrictions. If the death numbers start to level out, people are going to want to hit the beach and the markets on a sunday again... in fact many of the imports from overseas were doing just that in fremantle this morning...
I reckon we are in for at least two months more, maybe more.

i have a problem. I tend to click on links without thinking. I've done it a couple of times in the last week and i've come across James Weir columns and he writes for Murdoch at news.com. He thinks he's funny. He thinks he's good at satire. Maybe some would say that I'm looking in the mirror. He writes about the funny things that have happened since the virus came to town. The lighter side of a deadly virus. I need to take the time to wash my hands and consider each link before I click it...

last night i finished watching a 3 part ABC program on the catholic church and the various priests and the bishops who covered up their crimes to protect the church.

advice to any catholic from someone who left a long time ago, if you want to talk to god just do it. Tell your friends that you're on the phone. Cut out the middle man. dont bother with the schools and the masses and communions. Just try to live a good life.

There are a lot of good people in the catholic church but I've never seen one who was better because they went to a catholic school or attended mass. I never met a priest or brother or nun who struck me as being touched by god. of course the prime example of this is george pell. ambitious bully arrogant....a man of god? you must be joking. a man who protected men who damaged boys forever - no doubt. a man who fiddled with young boys himself? well 2 judges say that wasnt proved but does it really matter what they think?

last night i finished watching a 3 part ABC program on the catholic church and the various priests and the bishops who covered up their crimes to protect the church.

advice to any catholic from someone who left a long time ago, if you want to talk to god just do it. Tell your friends that you're on the phone. Cut out the middle man. dont bother with the schools and the masses and communions. Just try to live a good life.

There are a lot of good people in the catholic church but I've never seen one who was better because they went to a catholic school or attended mass. I never met a priest or brother or nun who struck me as being touched by god. of course the prime example of this is george pell. ambitious bully arrogant....a man of god? you must be joking. a man who protected men who damaged boys forever - no doubt. a man who fiddled with young boys himself? well 2 judges say that wasnt proved but does it really matter what they think?

I'm sure watching that program would have been quite upsetting.

Like you I have nothing against spirituality but I do believe that organised religion is holding humanity back, catholic-orthodox-jedi whatever.

I'm not a huge fan of our state or federal leaders (they've both done great work in this crisis), but I'll quote Dan Andrews:

"
I make no comment about today’s High Court decision.
But I have a message for every single victim and survivor of child sex abuse:
I see you.
I hear you.
I believe you.
"

For a long time I have considered mainstream news to be rubbish content of an alarmist nature and too often more one-sided than it should be.

What I hadn't reflected on was how damaging this can be to us.

We're encouraged to be smart about our nutritional choices. We should choose our information sources the same way. Check out the rubbish from news.com.au yesterday:

1586302683833.png

For a long time I have considered mainstream news to be rubbish content of an alarmist nature and too often more one-sided than it should be.

What I hadn't reflected on was how damaging this can be to us.

We're encouraged to be smart about our nutritional choices. We should choose our information sources the same way. Check out the rubbish from news.com.au yesterday:

View attachment 854150
Agree wholeheartedly. Personally I get my news from The Age, and also the ABC app.

Like you I have nothing against spirituality but I do believe that organised religion is holding humanity back, catholic-orthodox-jedi whatever.

I'm not a huge fan of our state or federal leaders (they've both done great work in this crisis), but I'll quote Dan Andrews:

"
I see you.
I hear you.
I believe you.
"

I have less time for the people who write stuff for news sites. A few of them are actually journalists but mostly they are paid lackeys for the guys who own the media.
With that said, I have heard a few say something about Pell being proved innocent. Of course, he has been found not guilty due to lack of evidence. I actually agree with the High Court decision purely on the simple grounds that the benefit of the doubt has to go with Pell.

Personally, I think it might be better to attack these things through the civil courts. The burden of proof is less, and the outcome is a loss of money for the catholic church. It would send shudders down the vatican's collective spines.

As we know, the key business of the catholic church is real estate. It is rather shoddy handling people but it is superb dealing in real estate. I would love to see the church have to sell some of its many holdings to pay the damages. Unfortunately, its tends to turn to the catholics going to mass to take the burden.

I know we both know - certainly if you had dealings with the catholic church - that there is no spirituality in that organisation. There may be a little in the lay people who support it, particularly the women. I would say that I would love to see the church vanish but I dont say that in a spiteful way. I have never been molested by anyone involved with it. I do know of a few molesters from a distance. However, if the church vanished, the human condition would improve. You might say that people might turn to jedi worship or whatever, but I would hope that people would just be amazed by the universe we live in and hope to preserve it, rather than wait for some glorious nirvana which will never eventuate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no it was in westworld series 2....
Wherever it was from, I think it’s very true. Whilst I believe that when we die that’s it, nothing more, the memory of us lingers with those we love. My memory of my departed father is incredibly fresh, it’s as though he is sitting beside me. Once I and my siblings are gone, his memory will be lost forever. It’s only exceptional humans who live on through the deeds they are responsible for, great and terrible.

Those actions are civil. No criminal proceedings on foot.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

which might explain part of the reason why the head honcho in rome is swooning about the pell getting released..... if pell loses the civil cases it will be the church footing the bill....

on a sidenote, catholic hierarchy and others are looking for heads to kick

and the man himself says that he "holds no ill will" towards his accuser. For those acquainted with Jesus and the new testament, they will see that this attitude falls well short of Jesus's notion to love everyone, including your enemies.

Those actions are civil. No criminal proceedings on foot.

Correct. I got that part wrong. The 3 part series on pedophile priests quite clearly proved to me that Pell was a pedophile so it is a real shame that his conviction was quashed. Unfortunately, given that there was only the one living victim of the assault, there was always a good chance an appeal would succeed. Pell is a detestable creature.

Correct. I got that part wrong. The 3 part series on pedophile priests quite clearly proved to me that Pell was a pedophile so it is a real shame that his conviction was quashed. Unfortunately, given that there was only the one living victim of the assault, there was always a good chance an appeal would succeed. Pell is a detestable creature.

Hmmm. There are many issues that become conflated in all of this. I have no strong opinion (because I know I don’t know - and certainly wouldn’t base an opinion on the strength of a tv report) other than that the two court of appeal judges in the majority have had their criminal inexperience exposed.

Hmmm. There are many issues that become conflated in all of this. I have no strong opinion (because I know I don’t know - and certainly wouldn’t base an opinion on the strength of a tv report) other than that the two court of appeal judges in the majority have had their criminal inexperience exposed.

It wasn't the TV report that was convincing but the obvious distress and sincerity of the victims.

"
I see you.
I hear you.
I believe you.
"

Dans the man.
Remember, here’s a guy totally opposed to the right to die, who changed his mind after seeing the pain of his own fathers experience.
The state of Victoria is a better place because of the flexibility of our Premier.

which might explain part of the reason why the head honcho in rome is swooning about the pell getting released..... if pell loses the civil cases it will be the church footing the bill....

on a sidenote, catholic hierarchy and others are looking for heads to kick

and the man himself says that he "holds no ill will" towards his accuser. For those acquainted with Jesus and the new testament, they will see that this attitude falls well short of Jesus's notion to love everyone, including your enemies.
And how about the Popes comments?
Truly disgusting comparing Pell to Jesus.
And the words “because someone had it in for them”.
How can anyone respect a leader of an organisation “devoted“ to forgiveness who says such a thing?

And how about the Popes comments?
Truly disgusting comparing Pell to Jesus.
And the words “because someone had it in for them”.
How can anyone respect a leader of an organisation “devoted“ to forgiveness who says such a thing?
I agree. I cannot understand how anyone can be a practicing Catholic. As for any Jesus comparison, crucifixion would not be an inappropriate conclusion to the Pell saga.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back