Mega Thread "I need to vent" thread.

So sad! I had five rounds of golf booked for next week.
No rakes, no flags, three players only in a group - completely virus free.
It was so lovely out there on Friday with the sun, good company, trees and magpies. :'(:'(
It’s only Victoria that’s closed courses as far as I can tell. Also no score cards with the new Miscore app so another contact point eliminated. Peter Thompson would be happy with no rakes. He always believed bunkers are a hazard and they should not be perfectly manicured and raked!

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
The different policy approaches from around the world reflect how the countries' leaders view their people. NZ went straight for the jugular. Little consideration of the economic cost. The USA continues to be more concerned with economics and we're somewhere in the middle. The impact of economics in the short and long term are real and if the economic system breaks in a shutdown to stop the virus, then we could see a real difficulty in getting back to normal life. I know it sounds crazy to say it but if a system breakdown happens, we might regret not letting the virus run through the world quickly to establish herd immunity. I could be barracading the windows keeping looters out... it doesnt seem possible now but anything's on the cards. The US seems ripe for revolution. You get the impression that Trump will lift all restrictions and try for herd immunity ASAP to keep people off the streets. At the moment the virus is a rich man's disease. Businesmen, travellers etc. A spanish royal has died. Famous people getting it all over the place. But it will spread more to those without political power as the rich use their money to isolate themselves. Well connected people will start thinking less of their survival and more about keeping their wealth intact. There may be decisions about stopping the shutdowns in the USA is a couple of weeks. Trump is already champiing at the bit to get wealth creation going again. The increasingly secure billionaires will be pressing him on it. In Australia, the gov't might hold the current line until they say that the virus is out and we cant hold out for a cure. There's going to be increasing pressure from younger fitter people to let the virus out. There is only so much money that the country can print to pay to keep things moving. It's early sunday morning and i'm not feeling too optimistic ....

Bigger Virus.JPG

Showing People's Real Colors

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's past a joke down here. People from Melbourne think they can "socially isolate" down here at their holiday houses (or worse) at "holiday accomodation". We don't have the infrastructure to cope with our own communities getting sick but if these holiday isolators get ill, well then we're stuffed!
IGA has been shopped to death for two weeks now (sometimes even by busloads of tourists who are still coming to the Great Ocean Rd) ....WHY??

For gods sake Dan...LOCK US DOWN...and the rest of ya....stay at home....(and we know you don't live down here!)

It is an interesting philosophical (not practically - I agree with ppl staying in their principal residence) discussion. Holiday home owners may say “we pay rates, land tax, utilities” so we have just as much right to occupy our property as a ‘local’ does.”
IMG_3098.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It is an interesting philosophical (not practically - I agree with ppl staying in their principal residence) discussion. Holiday home owners may say “we pay rates, land tax, utilities” so we have just as much right to occupy our property as a ‘local’ does.”
View attachment 848848
Someone will be very proud have that board.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
View attachment 848848

the grammar is breaking my brain

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes, but that just makes it better! Because you know that would annoy the Aspen Set even more. “They couldn’t even insult us properly.”

Fairly sure that sign was for a local who went to aspen for holidays but did not quarantine themselves when they got back home

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don’t know of any locals who did that but there are certainly a couple of visitors who fit that bill!

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I'm at a loss with how websites present their information. AFL Collingwood Kayo...I come from an older universe and I understand that I am not programmed to use these sites.... but i have a need to vent this.

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have not been on the site much lately, so may have missed related conversations: is there a user default to switch from black background to light background for the site?

Black background is a moronic default. It is much slower to read. The experience is worse than hunting for a dropped coin on the manky carpet at The Seaview Ballroom (did like the sprung dance floor, however, to watch bands). The app designer and BF overlords have a special place in TechHell reserved for them.

P.S. FU ottoman and a rub of your big bald head with germicidal Fiesta to keep you safe

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have not been on the site much lately, so may have missed related conversations: is there a user default to switch from black background to light background for the site?

Black background is a moronic default. It is much slower to read. The experience is worse than hunting for a dropped coin on the manky carpet at The Seaview Ballroom (did like the sprung dance floor, however, to watch bands). The app designer and BF overlords have a special place in TechHell reserved for them.

P.S. FU ottoman and a rub of your big bald head with germicidal Fiesta to keep you safe

The little light globe icon in the header bar is the "change style" option. Just toggles between the 2 styles I think.

The little light globe icon in the header bar is the "change style" option. Just toggles between the 2 styles I think.
It does that exactly

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Ben, I think your wag accidentally hit the little light bulb top of screen area.

She thought it would give her a light bulb moment making her smarter.

Unsure it helped. But lucky you she’s your self isolation fun star.

Enjoy.

great having you back Walt.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Still way too many going to work when they have the option of working from home. I don’t get that.
I had to go into and through the city this morning and was surprised at how quiet it was in terms of people and traffic. No problem social distancing on trams as there are so few people on them. I broke a tooth and need a crown but can only get a temporary repair with bonding materials because high speed equipment cannot be used now we are in stage 3 restrictions. Which pretty much cuts out any restorative work. Told to come back in August!

I had to go into and through the city this morning and was surprised at how quiet it was in terms of people and traffic. No problem social distancing on trams as there are so few people on them. I broke a tooth and need a crown but can only get a temporary repair with bonding materials because high speed equipment cannot be used now we are in stage 3 restrictions. Which pretty much cuts out any restorative work. Told to come back in August!
Stage 3 restrictions now, so much has changed since my post. Hopefully things continue to improve, but could be some time before restrictions are eased.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

That story made me think of being forced to regress to a far simpler life without the niceties of modern life. A movie script gets real

Back