I salute Dean Margetts

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe he hates North because of our stance on pokies?

Little known fact about Dean Margetts, he is so addicted to gambling that he lost his house resulting in the breakdown of his family.

Now, it is well known that the AFL have never let him umpire a Grand Final, however he is one of the longest serving umpires of all time with over 350 games of experience.

Why doesn’t the AFL give him the Grand Final? Is he a known risk of being on the take?

Nice theory but I suspect the truth is much simpler.

He's nowhere near good enough. Not even remotely. Even in the biggest game he ever got - he 2015 Preliminary Final - he performed abysmally. He's rubbish.

The AFL are tough on gambling - see DeGoey picking up his phone and the 10-week suspension to Stephenson - and inept as the AFL can be, they'd show an umpire who is a known risk of being on the take, immediately out the door.

Does anyone need further proof, because I can keep punching these out for the next hour and I still wouldn't have got around to Jack getting kicked in the head?

Nice theory but I suspect the truth is much simpler.

He's nowhere near good enough. Not even remotely. Even in the biggest game he ever got - he 2015 Preliminary Final - he performed abysmally. He's rubbish.

The AFL are tough on gambling - see DeGoey picking up his phone and the 10-week suspension to Stephenson - and inept as the AFL can be, they'd show an umpire who is a known risk of being on the take, immediately out the door.
Certainly an ethics debate the afl wouldn’t want to have in the public sphere..

hideous tonight. trouble is they are not accountable. Same lot will be out there next week.
I don’t have so many issues with the other two umps. Thought Stevic was quite good both ways and number 31 was decent except for one howler which I distinctly remember got all the North fans in my section out of their seats in unison. But Margetts, well he was taking the piss and will continue to take the piss. I’m reluctant to say that he has a specific vendetta against us, but you can guarantee that the aforementioned frees referred to by the starter of this thread wouldn’t be paid against the Weagles. Just leaves a really bad taste in your mouth.

Although he was already a member of my own personal Umpires Hall of Shame, yesterday's efforts moved him up the pecking order a bit, some of his fellow members in no particular order :

Troy Pannell

Justin Sch(m)idt

Matthew Nichols

Razor Ray

Leigh Fisher

Darren Goldspink

Kevin Smith

Scott McClaren

Maybe he hates North because of our stance on pokies?

Little known fact about Dean Margetts, he is so addicted to gambling that he lost his house resulting in the breakdown of his family.

Now, it is well known that the AFL have never let him umpire a Grand Final, however he is one of the longest serving umpires of all time with over 350 games of experience.

Why doesn’t the AFL give him the Grand Final? Is he a known risk of being on the take?
😂 wtf? How is allowed near a “professional” sport?

Although he was already a member of my own personal Umpires Hall of Shame, yesterday's efforts moved him up the pecking order a bit, some of his fellow members in no particular order :

Troy Pannell

Justin Sch(m)idt

Matthew Nichols

Razor Ray

Leigh Fisher

Darren Goldspink

Kevin Smith

Scott McClaren
That list sent a shiver down my spine

His name is despised around our parts
I blame him solely for Fremantles continued lack of success ( my tongue may be lodged in my cheek ) 😜
He has butchered us for years

I met him about 3 years ago at our local association where he hosted an umpiring clinic
I asked him straight out why he hates the Dockers , he reckons he was neutral .

Watching the replay again, they just keep coming from this f'n cretin.

1. After TT marked on the lead late 3rd Qtr, Moore casually ran off with the ball after the mark was paid. Margetts took 15 SECONDS to tell him to give it back, which he did another 5 SECONDS later. No penalty.

2. Bonar hobbles off between goals late 3rd Qtr, leaving us a man down. Hall scrambles up to the wing as the ball is being bounced, this c*nt issues a 6/6/6 warning. Hall gives him a WTF gesture in disbelief.

His ineptitude is endless.

364 games in 20 years?!

HOW does that happen?!

View attachment 1122269

That 2007 final was that one we played Geelong and kicks were getting paid to Ablett off the ball etc.

He was right amongst it.

If someone could be bothered, you could make a 2 hour video on his bad decisions involving us.

Problem is, most clubs except West Coast could probably do the same. I have Freo mates, who have started petitions online asking for his removal from the league which gets thousands supporting it.

I don't buy too much into the umpiring usually as it is a bit disingenuous given how much we do wrong on match day.

But it's at a point with this guy where someone from the club has to publicly say we don't want him doing our games anymore.

Cop a fine / suspensions but it will work in that he will either get moved off our games or he will be under the microscope moving forward.

Does anyone need further proof, because I can keep punching these out for the next hour and I still wouldn't have got around to Jack getting kicked in the head?
You've done a good job mate.
Compile it all and send it to some media outlets, the club, the AFL and social media, hope it goes viral

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Compile it all and send it to some media outlets, the club, the AFL and social media, hope it goes viral

Why, so they could ban my Kayo subscription?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His name is despised around our parts
I blame him solely for Fremantles continued lack of success ( my tongue may be lodged in my cheek ) 😜
He has butchered us for years

I met him about 3 years ago at our local association where he hosted an umpiring clinic
I asked him straight out why he hates the Dockers , he reckons he was neutral .

If you see the spud on the street, knock the campaigner out.

I agree. This could be used
I swear if this happened to one of the “big 4” clubs it would be front page news. Because we are battlers it’ll get swept under the carpet. This is where coaches, board and captain of the club come out and go *in WHACK! * it, cop the fines, go in swinging. We were fair dinkum robbed of our first win. I feel for the young fellas who put in and were not rewarded because the AFL is a corrupt dog s**t organisation

He might be the most experienced but he gets hugely influenced by the noise of affirmation and the moment
Have seen him crumble in games at Optus where the decision isn't clear and he loses control of the game
Good news is I can't see him being around much longer
That decision last night might be the straw that breaks him

I swear if this happened to one of the “big 4” clubs it would be front page news. Because we are battlers it’ll get swept under the carpet. This is where coaches, board and captain of the club come out and go fu**in WHACK! fu** it, cop the fines, go in swinging. We were fair dinkum robbed of our first win. I feel for the young fellas who put in and were not rewarded because the AFL is a corrupt dog sh*t organisation

I actually don't go so far as to claim were were robbed of a win, but I 100% believe that we were robbed of any chance to win.

We were shut out of the possibility.

This bloke is the Alim Dar of the AFL.

And what makes things worse is he isn’t even the worst umpire, Ray is worse. Far worse.

This guy, I reckon is a bit goldspink in that he holds a grudge. We said something years ago that he now every time there is a 50/50 he automatically pings us.

It’s a vindictiveness incompetence and cheating s**t sandwich week after week.

Last edited:
I swear if this happened to one of the “big 4” clubs it would be front page news. Because we are battlers it’ll get swept under the carpet. This is where coaches, board and captain of the club come out and go fu**in WHACK! fu** it, cop the fines, go in swinging. We were fair dinkum robbed of our first win. I feel for the young fellas who put in and were not rewarded because the AFL is a corrupt dog sh*t organisation

Not the first time this year. The AFL and these maggots are doing everything they can to make sure we stay on the bottom and Relocate to Tasmania

Watching the replay again, they just keep coming from this f'n cretin.

1. After TT marked on the lead late 3rd Qtr, Moore casually ran off with the ball after the mark was paid. Margetts took 15 SECONDS to tell him to give it back, which he did another 5 SECONDS later. No penalty.

2. Bonar hobbles off between goals late 3rd Qtr, leaving us a man down. Hall scrambles up to the wing as the ball is being bounced, this c*nt issues a 6/6/6 warning. Hall gives him a WTF gesture in disbelief.

His ineptitude is endless.

On point 2 how does that work. Does the player have to be standing on the wing next to their opponent?

Not the first time this year. The AFL and these maggots are doing everything they can to make sure we stay on the bottom and Relocate to Tasmania

Whilst I'm all on board for a good bag the umpires thread when it's deserved, I reckon if the AFL wanted a club to relocate, even they would have more effective and intelligent means of doing it than dodgy umpiring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back