Media I See You Have Played (on) Knifey Spoony Before - 150 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

1582286013265.png

I See You Have Played (on) Knifey Spoony Before - 150 Games

From season 28 the following players can say yes to this, Elite Finger Twirler, Raveneyes , Oddhawk , Mobbs , mightymalaka , TheHairyGamer , VSTone . grumbleguts , Drunkgoliath , Tandy, StFly , Freofalcon , mochacinolatte , Bloodied52 , Matera92 and Yakker.

This week Dragons premiership hero and midfielder Knifey Spoony will run out for his 150 th Sweet FA game against the Coney Island Warriors.

Knifey.JPG
The SFA journey for Knifey started way back in season 21 as BB 8 and following 36 games for the Geelong Wolves made the fateful switch to the Dragons at the insistence of his great mate Hatchy1992 and has never looked back.

1582286925831.png

After this week’s training session Dragon Media caught up with the Dragons midfielder enjoying a quiet ale with Hatchy at Croc Dundees.

Q) You debuted way back in season 21 with the Geelong Wolves as they were known at the time, could you tell us a bit about how you that came to be and who introduced you?

Ah, the Wolves. I remember back in those days I was just a young droid from Jakku with big dreams. I had considering making a BF account many times, however never got around to it. Fresh from seeing the new Star Wars, I felt inspired, and hence BB 8 was born (I quickly grew to regret that name). Anyhoo, Wooshette spotted me on the introductions board and invited me to join the Sweet FA, where I have spent approximately 99% of my time on BF since

Q) Why did you decide to join the Wolves at the time and call Geelong your home?

After posting in the original sign up thread many teams sent me a PM inviting me to join their respective sides. The Wolves were not one of them. Rather, after some convincing from Wooshette and one or two others, myself and fellow rookie stew42 decided to join the wolfpack. I personally have some links to the fine city of Geelong and enjoy a good underdog story, consolidating my decision

Q) At the end of your first season you were involved in some heartbreak in a losing grand final, could you tell us what went through your mind when the final siren went, and how determined you were to amend that?

My Darkest day. A grand final birth in my debut season was a dream, however it quickly turned into a nightmare as we were never really in the game. Full credit to the Wonders, they deserved the win. Personally, I was moved from the ruck to full back within the first fifteen minutes and leaked goals like a sieve as the full forward kicked a bag. As the siren went, pure disappointment for the Wolves and disgust in my performance were my only thoughts. But hey, thats Qooty

Q) At the beginning of season 23 you packed your bags and bought a house on Dragon Island where you've played since. How did that move come about?

I believe I was the ‘Steak Knife(y)s of Hatchy’s move. I definitely suffered some second season blues as the Wolves went through a leadership transition. Moving into season 23, I was a bit disillusioned with the league and considered giving it away. Over the previous season I had become good mates with Hatchy1992, so when he and cammo6556 invited me to join I thought it would reinvigorate my interest. The Wolves (or Gumbies if you prefer, I do not) are still close to my heart, and are the first team I check the scores of after our match

Q) When you moved to Dragon Island, you were one of the founders of a local watering hole, Crocodile Drunkees and it's proved very popular with the locals. Can you tell us more about this venture of yours?

Crocs was a simple dream; open the finest beverage establishment on all of Dragon Island. I was quite surprised that a business model serving a client base of borderline alcoholics with below cost-price liquor wouldn’t turn a profit, but here we are. Briefly, I also opened a side project, a restaurant called ‘Uncle Knifey’s Family Feedbag’, which was about as successful as any of George Calombaris’s venues at the moment. If the public demand it (and if I can ever find the key) I will gladly reopen Crocs

Q) A few seasons ago you had quite a hiatus and only returned at the start of last season. Why did you decide to come back and how much have you enjoyed playing with the Dragons since?

Unfortunately, real life caught up with me, and I became quite time poor largely due to returning to university. I hadn’t thought of the Sweet FA for quite some time, until I got an email from bigfooty notifying me that AceAndy had added me to the Dragons season 28 team chat. I immediately logged into bigfooty and disabled email notifications. However, my curiosity got the better of me, and after a conversation with Hatchy1992, I decided to stage a comeback, despite being in the last six months of my course. Since then, I have enjoyed the league probably as much as my very first season, and plan on being involved for a while yet

Q) It's taken many seasons, but the Dragons won the premiership against all odds in season 28. Can you tell us the feeling and what went through your mind when the siren went to signal that the cup was on it's way to Dragon Island?

The run of the Dragons through the finals was a thing of beauty, reminiscent of the Doggies of 2016. I remember thinking to just make the most of each match thread, as finals should never be taken for granted. When we won through to the big dance, I sensed a chance for redemption. Starting at half forward, within fifteen minutes I was moved to back pocket, and I thought history was repeating. Fortunately, an incredible effort from the team, highlighted by Ljp86 's efforts, led to victory. I felt pure joy as the siren went, and spent all night playing ‘we are the champions’ by Queen on repeat, much to my housemates' disdain. Personally, there was also a sense of relief after finally producing a decent Grand final performance, putting to bed the ghosts of S21

Q) What is your favourite thing about playing for the Dragons, and in the SFA in general?

I feel like we have a great mix of posters at the club with an array of styles and I love what each person brings to the table. I also love the true team first sense, we don’t rely on individuals on the Qooty field, and it achieved the ultimate success. Across the league, I love the community and the grandeur. There are some genuinely entertaining individuals in the league and I thoroughly enjoy interacting with them. Also, the Sweet FA is a ripper way to pass the considerable amount of time I spend on public transport

Q) Finally, off the field it's quite clear that you don't mind a drink. What is your favourite beverage?

Early Grey Tea is my prefered post-Qooty beverage, while being at uni has also reinforced my appreciation for budget friendly goon.

Congrats Knifey on a great career and a magnificent achievement of 150 SFA games.

Last edited:
"I hadn’t thought of the Sweet FA for quite some time, until I got an email from bigfooty notifying me that AceAndy had added me to the Dragons season 28 team chat. I immediately logged into bigfooty and disabled email notifications."

This made me giggle. Well done Knifey Spoony.

View attachment 826925

From season 28 the following players can say yes to this, Elite Finger Twirler, Raveneyes , Oddhawk , Mobbs , mightymalaka , TheHairyGamer , VSTone . grumbleguts , Drunkgoliath , Tandy, StFly , Freofalcon , mochacinolatte , Bloodied52 , Matera92 and Yakker.

This week Dragons premiership hero and midfielder Knifey Spoony will run out for his 150 th Sweet FA game against the Coney Island Warriors.

View attachment 826930
The SFA journey for Knifey started way back in season 20 as BB 8 and following 36 games for the Geelong Wolves made the fateful switch to the Dragons at the insistence of his great mate Hatchy1992 and has never looked back.

View attachment 826934

After this week’s training session Dragon Media caught up with the Dragons midfielder enjoying a quiet ale with Hatchy at Croc Dundees.

Q) You debuted way back in season 21 with the Geelong Wolves as they were known at the time, could you tell us a bit about how you that came to be and who introduced you?

Ah, the Wolves. I remember back in those days I was just a young droid from Jakku with big dreams. I had considering making a BF account many times, however never got around to it. Fresh from seeing the new Star Wars, I felt inspired, and hence BB 8 was born (I quickly grew to regret that name). Anyhoo, Wooshette spotted me on the introductions board and invited me to join the Sweet FA, where I have spent approximately 99% of my time on BF since

Q) Why did you decide to join the Wolves at the time and call Geelong your home?

After posting in the original sign up thread many teams sent me a PM inviting me to join their respective sides. The Wolves were not one of them. Rather, after some convincing from Wooshette and one or two others, myself and fellow rookie stew42 decided to join the wolfpack. I personally have some links to the fine city of Geelong and enjoy a good underdog story, consolidating my decision

Q) At the end of your first season you were involved in some heartbreak in a losing grand final, could you tell us what went through your mind when the final siren went, and how determined you were to amend that?

My Darkest day. A grand final birth in my debut season was a dream, however it quickly turned into a nightmare as we were never really in the game. Full credit to the Wonders, they deserved the win. Personally, I was moved from the ruck to full back within the first fifteen minutes and leaked goals like a sieve as the full forward kicked a bag. As the siren went, pure disappointment for the Wolves and disgust in my performance were my only thoughts. But hey, thats Qooty

Q) At the beginning of season 23 you packed your bags and bought a house on Dragon Island where you've played since. How did that move come about?

I believe I was the ‘Steak Knife(y)s of Hatchy’s move. I definitely suffered some second season blues as the Wolves went through a leadership transition. Moving into season 23, I was a bit disillusioned with the league and considered giving it away. Over the previous season I had become good mates with Hatchy1992, so when he and cammo6556 invited me to join I thought it would reinvigorate my interest. The Wolves (or Gumbies if you prefer, I do not) are still close to my heart, and are the first team I check the scores of after our match

Q) When you moved to Dragon Island, you were one of the founders of a local watering hole, Crocodile Drunkees and it's proved very popular with the locals. Can you tell us more about this venture of yours?

Crocs was a simple dream; open the finest beverage establishment on all of Dragon Island. I was quite surprised that a business model serving a client base of borderline alcoholics with below cost-price liquor wouldn’t turn a profit, but here we are. Briefly, I also opened a side project, a restaurant called ‘Uncle Knifey’s Family Feedbag’, which was about as successful as any of George Calombaris’s venues at the moment. If the public demand it (and if I can ever find the key) I will gladly reopen Crocs

Q) A few seasons ago you had quite a hiatus and only returned at the start of last season. Why did you decide to come back and how much have you enjoyed playing with the Dragons since?

Unfortunately, real life caught up with me, and I became quite time poor largely due to returning to university. I hadn’t thought of the Sweet FA for quite some time, until I got an email from bigfooty notifying me that AceAndy had added me to the Dragons season 28 team chat. I immediately logged into bigfooty and disabled email notifications. However, my curiosity got the better of me, and after a conversation with Hatchy1992, I decided to stage a comeback, despite being in the last six months of my course. Since then, I have enjoyed the league probably as much as my very first season, and plan on being involved for a while yet

Q) It's taken many seasons, but the Dragons won the premiership against all odds in season 28. Can you tell us the feeling and what went through your mind when the siren went to signal that the cup was on it's way to Dragon Island?

The run of the Dragons through the finals was a thing of beauty, reminiscent of the Doggies of 2016. I remember thinking to just make the most of each match thread, as finals should never be taken for granted. When we won through to the big dance, I sensed a chance for redemption. Starting at half forward, within fifteen minutes I was moved to back pocket, and I thought history was repeating. Fortunately, an incredible effort from the team, highlighted by Ljp86 's efforts, led to victory. I felt pure joy as the siren went, and spent all night playing ‘we are the champions’ by Queen on repeat, much to my housemates' disdain. Personally, there was also a sense of relief after finally producing a decent Grand final performance, putting to bed the ghosts of S21

Q) What is your favourite thing about playing for the Dragons, and in the SFA in general?

I feel like we have a great mix of posters at the club with an array of styles and I love what each person brings to the table. I also love the true team first sense, we don’t rely on individuals on the Qooty field, and it achieved the ultimate success. Across the league, I love the community and the grandeur. There are some genuinely entertaining individuals in the league and I thoroughly enjoy interacting with them. Also, the Sweet FA is a ripper way to pass the considerable amount of time I spend on public transport

Q) Finally, off the field it's quite clear that you don't mind a drink. What is your favourite beverage?

Early Grey Tea is my prefered post-Qooty beverage, while being at uni has also reinforced my appreciation for budget friendly goon.

Congrats Knifey on a great career and a magnificent achievement of 150 SFA games.

This is outstanding. Congrats on the milestone friend. May it bring many rogered opponents.

And all this time I thought it was called Socks Mondees.
I guess I don’t have to wear socks on Mondays anymore.

Ohh and well done on those games you played and Ace for copy and pasting all Hatchy1992’s hard work.

;)

Great job Knifey.. Hopefully the troops can bring you a win.

Calm down mate.
Let’s not get carried away here, it’s not like we’re celebrating 249 games.

View attachment 826925

View attachment 826930
The SFA journey for Knifey started way back in season 21 as BB 8 and following 36 games for the Geelong Wolves made the fateful switch to the Dragons at the insistence of his great mate Hatchy1992 and has never looked back.

View attachment 826934

"Knifey Spoony is an enjoyable character" :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knifey Spoony our fates are intertwined, so I am frightfully glad to see your prospering and unmatched degree of fulfillment.
Stay true, K-Spoon.

You’re out of control I’m calling security.

Anyone from the bc got a few spare moments?
Just do this then you can have your way with me

tenor%20(43).gif

Congratulations on playing 150 games, Knifey Spoony. A wonderful achievement and one you can be proud of. :thumbsu:

Hopefully there will be many games to come for you in Dragons' colours. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back