Rumour I suppose this is worthy...

Remove this Banner Ad

Same piece of crap that caused trouble in a reserves grand final two years ago. Never turned up for the tribunal hearing and is suspended until he does. What a fine mentor he is.

On moto g(7) power using BigFooty.com mobile app

Perfect Max Cady face.

Never heard of the guy, though.

BTW great to see news.com going with the AFL star line. My four weeks training with the Hawthorn U/15s (when that was a thing and essentially open to anyone that wanted to try out) surely qualifies me as an AFL star.
Qualifies you as legend status.

Listed at 2 vic clubs after WCE but apparently 'former Eagles Player'....

And numpties on here say there's no such thing as VicBias :rolleyes:
News.com.au is owned by news Corp which was founded In SA, headquartered in Sydney, and a Google search says the journalist is based in launceston.

That chip on your shoulder just makes you look stupid.

News.com.au is owned by news Corp which was founded In SA, headquartered in Sydney, and a Google search says the journalist is based in launceston.

You obviously didn't read my second post before getting indignant :rolleyes:

I'm not the stupid looking one here...

Love how they also ignore that he mostly played in the WAFL, hence, is probably better-known for his time in WA

Can I give a hypothetical?

If you were a reporter and posted a story about an ex-player who'd played 200-odd games across 2-3 different clubs like a Josh Hunt/Troy Simmonds kind of career), referring to that player as a 'star', only to be bombarded by people online who were determined to correct the record that the player wasn't, in fact, a star and then you doubled down and started referring to ex-players with 20-50 AFL games to their credit, to find that it only created more outrage (and clicks and comments), wouldn't you just see how far you could take it before the penny dropped, since it's effortlessly generating precisely what your managers want?

I haven't bothered to read the story or find out who the player is, but imagine being one of those blockheads who thinks this isn't a deliberate tactic, an easy way to get clicks and probably some cheap laughs by those who are in on the joke and haven't grown bored by it, you know like a rompingwins, Liam Anthony for the rising star, Anthony Roc(k)ca type thing on here.

You know when you used to say to someone "God if I hear that stupid Tom Waterhouse's smarmy, entitled, eminently punchable face on TV once more telling me he knows what we want, I think I'll shoot myself" and then some ******* would come back and say "See!! You noticed it!!" He's got what he wanted!" And then you'd come back with "WTF, no he hasn't... I actually haven't got an account with Tom Waterhouse or bought a Jeep and if push came to shove and I had to choose, I'd actively seek their competition, because they're less irritating"?

Well in the case of these headlines, they actually do work, because they measure success by clicks and it looks like nuffies will continue to fall for it for years to come.

Can I give a hypothetical?

If you were a reporter and posted a story about an ex-player who'd played 200-odd games across 2-3 different clubs like a Josh Hunt/Troy Simmonds kind of career), referring to that player as a 'star', only to be bombarded by people online who were determined to correct the record that the player wasn't, in fact, a star and then you doubled down and started referring to ex-players with 20-50 AFL games to their credit, to find that it only created more outrage (and clicks and comments), wouldn't you just see how far you could take it before the penny dropped, since it's effortlessly generating precisely what your managers want?

I haven't bothered to read the story or find out who the player is, but imagine being one of those blockheads who thinks this isn't a deliberate tactic, an easy way to get clicks and probably some cheap laughs by those who are in on the joke and haven't grown bored by it, you know like a rompingwins, Liam Anthony for the rising star, Anthony Roc(k)ca type thing on here.

You know when you used to say to someone "God if I hear that stupid Tom Waterhouse's smarmy, entitled, eminently punchable face on TV once more telling me he knows what we want, I think I'll shoot myself" and then some ******* would come back and say "See!! You noticed it!!" He's got what he wanted!" And then you'd come back with "WTF, no he hasn't... I actually haven't got an account with Tom Waterhouse or bought a Jeep and if push came to shove and I had to choose, I'd actively seek their competition, because they're less irritating"?

Well in the case of these headlines, they actually do work, because they measure success by clicks and it looks like nuffies will continue to fall for it for years to come.
Not for years. There'll come a time when people won't bother clicking at all because they know it's a trap. At the moment the H/S is going through a headline phase of 'one thing', as in 'man would have died but this one thing saved him' or 'if you do this one thing it could make you wealthy'. I don't click on those and there are a few other obvious traps that I also won't click on. I only clicked on the link in the OP because I knew it wouldn't be a star at all. News Ltd are fast losing credibility, if they haven't already lost it completely. Short term gain will equal longer term loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was all about getting clicks then why do they have paywalls? There must be enough idiots willing to pay for subscriptions to make up for the loss of clicks from having a paywall - save your contempt for those people.

You're right - presumably the brains trust has determined that subscriptions + advertising is the most lucrative and reliable for them. But it doesn't cost anything for people to add reacts and comments to a Facebook post, further drawing attention to it and drumming up more clicks and subscriptions.

Listed at 2 vic clubs after WCE but apparently 'former Eagles Player'....

And numpties on here say there's no such thing as VicBias :rolleyes:
I ma guessing he was on ice so they link it to the Eagles cos of the drug angle.

Racism to Pies.

PED's to the Dons

And so it goes. Poor old hawks are the dick pic kings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back