I think Craig it is

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
This is a clear example of not being able to please supporters.

The club copped SO much sh|t for head hunting Shaw and not considering other candidates. They copped so much flack for not going through proper process.

Now that they do, they still cop a lot of crap.
Stiffy - Process is important, however they need to take into account the competition. It's not good enough for Trigg to say they have a process that will take 6 - 8 weeks when there are two other clubs out there that have publicly stated their intention to appoint a coach sooner rather than later. The process needs to be adjusted to the environment you are operating in. They can still be just as thorough in a much shorter timeframe - I mean they haven't even sat down and talked with Wallace who is clearly a leading candidate for all 3 jobs in any detail. That is a disgrace.

By following a rigid process and refusing to move timelines to what the situation demands just fuels speculation that they aren't serious about any other contenders than Craig.

Originally posted by dyertribe
Craig is an SANFL-standard coach who plays tactically inept and unaccountable football.

Eade is by far the outstanding remaining candidate.

Eade/Wallace will end up at Richmond/Hawthorn.

Therefore, Crows will be left with the dregs (ie. Craig).

Still, I'd show some balls and appoint Gary O'Donnell. He's a calm, dignified character who's got a brilliant record in AFL footy. He's experienced premiership success both as a player and as an assistant coach. Our mate Craigy experienced an AFL premiership as a fitness coach (which is obviously what he does best). Bit of a difference in their respective reumes, me thinks.

Still, if you're a member of the AFC Boys Club, resumes don't really matter do they?

Originally posted by arrowman
If Wallace does take the Richmond job, it will be because that is his genuine preference. It will not be because Adelaide "didn't move fast enough". No-one with any brains, who is up for three jobs all to be decided in the next few weeks, takes the first offer just because it's the first. Take a pill, everyone. :)

But that's the whole point! What have Richmond got to offer that the Crows can't do better on?

Originally posted by naughty monkey
But that's the whole point! What have Richmond got to offer that the Crows can't do better on?

Crows aren't based in Melbourne. I think we'd have to offer about twice what Richmond/Hawthorn are offering to entice him to uproot his family and lifestyle to come over.

It will be interesting once the coach has been appointed (Whoever that might be!?) what will happen regarding the 2 area's we really need the changes, AND are, what I think mostly responsible for the situation we find the AFC is in now, the Football Dept. and the playing list. Will Ayres be the only head that rolls? Should it be only his head? Or will we some strong action taken in other area's of the Football Department?
Personally, I am feeling very nervous about this, and think the AFC won't take the tough choice, and we will remain in the midst of mediocrity. We need to freshen up in the Football Dept AND the playing list and cut adrift some of the deadwood of mid par performances!!

Originally posted by mymansyd
Still, I'd show some balls and appoint Gary O'Donnell. He's a calm, dignified character who's got a brilliant record in AFL footy.

I must admit, I'm thinking along the same lines myself. His critics will say that being an assistiant to two of the best coaches in the modern era may cover some of his weaknesses.

Then again, how many of our other contenders could get Matthews AND Sheedy to vouch for them?

Very interesting watching "On the Couch" to hear that Wallace said on Melbourne radio tonight that he is not a candidate for the Adelaide job.

The experts all agreed that Adelaide seemed to have settled on Craig as its coach - for reasons that escape them.

They went on to mock Rucci's praise for Craig's innovating coaching.

Having dismissed that topic, they went on to talk about Wallace as the best available coach, and Eade as the next best.

Nobody outside the AFC see Craig as the best available coach on the market. Richmond and Hawthorn - both basket cases - haven't even got Craig as a mini blip on their coaching radar screen.

One thing I do want the whole AFC hierarchy to take into account.

They have set the Adelaide football club back 2 to 3 years with their lack of judgement in doing the Wayne Carey deal.

For some strange reason they are all still there.

If they appoint Neil Craig as coach, and we bounce along in mediocre fashion somewhere between the middle and the bottom of the ladder, then they have really c ocked it up this time.

Every Adelaide supporter should expect every one of these incompetent fools to resign en masse if our worst nightmares come to fruition.

Originally posted by macca23
Very interesting watching "On the Couch" to hear that Wallace said on Melbourne radio tonight that he is not a candidate for the Adelaide job.

The experts all agreed that Adelaide seemed to have settled on Craig as its coach - for reasons that escape them.

They went on to mock Rucci's praise for Craig's innovating coaching.

Having dismissed that topic, they went on to talk about Wallace as the best available coach, and Eade as the next best.

Nobody outside the AFC see Craig as the best available coach on the market. Richmond and Hawthorn - both basket cases - haven't even got Craig as a mini blip on their coaching radar screen.

One thing I do want the whole AFC hierarchy to take into account.

They have set the Adelaide football club back 2 to 3 years with their lack of judgement in doing the Wayne Carey deal.

For some strange reason they are all still there.

If they appoint Neil Craig as coach, and we bounce along in mediocre fashion somewhere between the middle and the bottom of the ladder, then they have really c ocked it up this time.

Every Adelaide supporter should expect every one of these incompetent fools to resign en masse if our worst nightmares come to fruition.

TESTIFY!!

While people have repeatedly told me to "get over it" and "oh well it was a risk and if it had come off..." this is the crux of my persistent wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Originally posted by jmorg1
Crows aren't based in Melbourne. I think we'd have to offer about twice what Richmond/Hawthorn are offering to entice him to uproot his family and lifestyle to come over.

True, but Richmond could ruin his coaching career, and stain his legacy. which in turn will hurt any chance of a further well paid media work.

could be quick cash for convenience, at a long term cost.

Originally posted by Crow-mosone
If Craig get's the job, there is no god ;)

Well youve already had the Messiah. Now its your turn to experience Satan! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Macca19
Well youve already had the Messiah. Now its your turn to experience Satan! ;)
I hear Lucifer was an angel once too, you know.

Originally posted by Crow-mosone
March? I'd say skipping gaily...
wizard.jpg

Re: Craigy

Originally posted by shorty
I personally dont know how the afc could even consider appointing Neil Craig as coach, he has coached SANFL clubs Norwood and Sturt and did absolutely nothing, if he cant even coach SANFL clubs why consider him as a AFL coach.
Keep in mind he is also caught up in the cycling australia controversy, is that the image you want for your club?
If Neil Craig connot work with these boys there is a problem, you are all saying craigy has been given nothing to work with, how long has craig being at the club? long enough to the boys and how they all play!
all Craigy is doing in putting nails in his own coffin one by one! please dont appoint somebody like Neil Craig coach of our great club!

Just for the record Craig never coached Sturt (but he did play for them) and he did get Norwood into a Grand Final.
That doesn't mean I want him as a coach either though.

Re: Re: Craigy

Originally posted by Leaping Lindner
Just for the record Craig never coached Sturt (but he did play for them) and he did get Norwood into a Grand Final.
That doesn't mean I want him as a coach either though.
Craig was the Norwood coach for a quite a few years. With a good list, his record was solid, but not outstanding. Only real thing out of the ordinary was the introduction of those Lycra suits! :eek:

Re: Re: Re: Craigy

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Craig was the Norwood coach for a quite a few years. With a good list, his record was solid, but not outstanding. Only real thing out of the ordinary was the introduction of those Lycra suits! :eek:

Maybe one other plus (guess it's how you look at it) for Neil Craig when he was coaching the redlegs was his refusal to bow down to G Cornes & the Crows in regards to incoming players & his determination to put his club/players first above all else.

If Wallace is out of the Adelaide ball game & is now playing silly buggers with Hawthorn & Richmond then maybe we are better off without him.

Still think we should have a very long & hard look at G O'Donnell as our next coach.

dt, great photo work :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back