Unofficial Preview I think the Crows can still make the 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, I thought McEvoy was 26 or so. What a gun!

Most ruckmen don't hit their straps til 25 or so, he's been gunning it for a couple of years.

You're right - it's twice as good as a succession plan. They'll have this pair in their prime for 8 years plus.
Yep, he's doing awesome for his age. Got go spend his first few years behind Steven King, so he was good and ready when they handed him the reigns in 2010.

Was actually pick #9 in 2007, next guy taken was Patrick Dangerfield.

Crows fans, your opinion will obviously be a bias one but where do you think the Crows are in their development. You played some great football last year but had an easy draw. Your draw isn't too difficult this year either but in my eyes, your level of performance at the moment is where your development is at, inconsistent. Where do you rate your side against the others?

Crows fans, your opinion will obviously be a bias one but where do you think the Crows are in their development. You played some great football last year but had an easy draw. Your draw isn't too difficult this year either but in my eyes, your level of performance at the moment is where your development is at, inconsistent. Where do you rate your side against the others?
Ask us again in a months time and we might have a better answer for you. So far we've beaten up on some weak teams - Brisbane, Footscray and GWS. We've lost narrowly to the premiership favourites. We've also had some disgraceful performances against Carlton & Port.

I think the plan was to start slowly and build, ensuring that the team peaks for September - rather than peaking in June/July and burning out before September, like they did last year. If you look at things that way, then we're probably reasonably on track. If our next month goes badly (St Kilda, North, Freo & Sydney), then we'll have cause for concern and the "inconsistent" tag might be applicable.

Last Sunday against the GWS may well have been an 8 point win for us. If we can keep winning our now healthy precentage will grow, and it may be what gets us into the 4 come years end if we are good enough. That is still a big if. I like how the coaches have got a team of talent, form and real goers together now, but we will know a bit more following the Saints game Sunday, and in subsequent weeks. A good win Sunday will show we are gaining momentum. A win the following week will mean we are still in the hunt and our 8 point win could be valuable, and a win the week after that will mean we shouldn't write off entertaining a place in the 4.

Last Sunday against the GWS may well have been an 8 point win for us. If we can keep winning our now healthy precentage will grow, and it may be what gets us into the 4 come years end if we are good enough. That is still a big if. I like how the coaches have got a team of talent, form and real goers together now, but we will know a bit more following the Saints game Sunday, and in subsequent weeks. A good win Sunday will show we are gaining momentum. A win the following week will mean we are still in the hunt and our 8 point win could be valuable, and a win the week after that will mean we shouldn't write off entertaining a place in the 4.[/quote]
Basically we need to worry about our own form rather than others & just keep winning.

IMO, there are only 2 standout teams - Cats & Hawks. I expect Dons to drop off, Sydney where will be thereabouts, but Pies no where near what they were, Freo collecting injuries, West Coast's sluggish start helps. We have one of the better draws too. This season is far from over like a lot of the doomstayers predicted after Walker's injury.

bugger the 8... we will be top 4 come the end of the season!! i have noticed since the 2nd half of the hawks game we have been playing some fantastic end to end football that we werent playing previously. I reckon we are starting to hit our straps!

North next week hey?

Their Scott Thompsom looks like he might get a game off for a hit on Rosa

But i reckon they might be a tad fired up after that loss tonight! Crucial we win against the Saints!

North will be tough, especially at Etihad.

I thought West Coast outplayed them a fair bit, just couldn't kick straight. They will have two days extra rest, but will be coming back from Perth.

I think they will start as favourites by around 25 points.

I really rate the kangaroos. I did last year and I do this year. They let me down last year, dunno what goes through the heads of their players, it has to be mental. I definitely think they should easily be top 8 material this year, but again, they seem to be making it hard for themselves.

Can anyone get the stats of the age and games of the kangaroos squad? The same ones that were being posted up for the premiership teams recently. If someone does that you'll see why I rate the kangaroos so highly - despite being really young, they've got heaps of games of experience, it also matters that they all have played a lot of games with each other. Like basketball teams, the factor of having a group of players that all know how they others work is invaluable. Kangaroos have the talent, they should be doing a LOT better than they are...

Massive game. Hope they make it competitive as hell and we still win.

We've struggled against North at Ethiad and after last night they will be desperate. If we were to win our seasons back on track and makes up for losing against Port but I can't see us winning. Hope I'm wrong but let's get over Saints first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NM fans whinging about the umpires but Petrie and Wright both missed gettable shots that would have shut the door.

They just don't have the nerve to close out games.

And yeah there were a couple of free kicks at the end but why wasn't it NM players winning the footy?

We've struggled against North at Ethiad and after last night they will be desperate. If we were to win our seasons back on track and makes up for losing against Port but I can't see us winning. Hope I'm wrong but let's get over Saints first.

Yes, couldn't possibly get a worse time to play North Melbourne. Licking their wounds, feeling hard done by, feeling like they are playing for their season, nine day break etc. We do have to get past the Saints first, but if we do, meeting North under those circumstances will be a real test and beating them should give us some real confidence that we do have something going for us. Could be a real finals type game. But we have this Sunday to deal with first.

Has anyone had a look at our draw? * it's a nightmare. Might not be the exact order but its something like:

Sydney
Richmond
Gold Coast- no longer easy
Geelong
WC
Collingwood
Freo

Is it unreasonable of me to suggest that we could very well lose all of those?

Richmond, Gold Coast and West Coast in Adelaide should be winnable. The other ones are very good wins if we can grab one but likely losses.

Still enough games to go to make the Finals.

But realistically if you don't make top four it means little more than not being as bad as 10 other teams, a couple of extra weeks of footy and a bit of false hope.
It also means we haven't lost better picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back