Analysis "I told you so" from the 2017 trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

magoo2912

Debutant
Nov 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Told you So! Bryce Gibbs!
Told You So!
Umm. No you didn't.

1. Smugness isn't particularly becoming.
2. You've proved absolutely nothing. Adelaide failing to make finals offers no commentary on Gibbs' abilities. Unless I missed the part about teams no longer having 18 players on the field.
3. I didn't offer a comment on Gibbs' ability. I don't watch enough Carlton or Adelaide to have much of an opinion. I simply laughed at the fact that you said that Gibbs looks for the "cheap goals", and how dumb that statement is.
4. You're a Carlton fan. Are you sure you want to be claiming superiority of your club and list management?

I'm not trying to piss you off but...........

I'm not trying to piss you off but...........
Why would I be pissed off? Gibbs is currently is out of form, no problems.

Seriously, there's nothing to be smug and superior about, any more than there is for a Lions fan to get smug and superior out of the Beams trade. I think history will think of us as the winners of that trade, and I think history will find Carlton the winners of the Adelaide trade, since I don't think Adelaide will compete for the cup in the next 2 years...

That said, point 4 on my previous post still stands.

Why would I be pissed off? Gibbs is currently is out of form, no problems.

Seriously, there's nothing to be smug and superior about, any more than there is for a Lions fan to get smug and superior out of the Beams trade. I think history will think of us as the winners of that trade, and I think history will find Carlton the winners of the Adelaide trade, since I don't think Adelaide will compete for the cup in the next 2 years...

That said, point 4 on my previous post still stands.
My smugness is for a number of reasons, Adelaide supporters bagging the s**t out of me for saying Gibbs doesn't have a defensive bone in his body and the he will get the crows no closer to a premiership.

Id be happy to send Murphy your way too.

The crows look shot at the moment, too many passengers. Pyke is in the firing line, and the season could go the same way as last year. And SOS will look a genius but
before anybody jumps on me for that, I know exactly where Carlton is at.

Honorable losses are not good enough anymore, Sos put Carltons balls on the line, a win today, and a few more could make him look a genius. But I doubt either side is any chance of finals and both coaches are facing the sack if things continue.

If I was a crow supporter the nightmare scenario is if Carlton finish higher than the crows. I doubt it happens but things are not looking good.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My smugness is for a number of reasons, Adelaide supporters bagging the s**t out of me for saying Gibbs doesn't have a defensive bone in his body and the he will get the crows no closer to a premiership.

Id be happy to send Murphy your way too.

The crows look shot at the moment, too many passengers. Pyke is in the firing line, and the season could go the same way as last year. And SOS will look a genius but
before anybody jumps on me for that, I know exactly where Carlton is at.

Honorable losses are not good enough anymore, Sos put Carltons balls on the line, a win today, and a few more could make him look a genius. But I doubt either side is any chance of finals and both coaches are facing the sack if things continue.

If I was a crow supporter the nightmare scenario is if Carlton finish higher than the crows. I doubt it happens but things are not looking good.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well then your smugness is probably misplaced.

If I were a Crows fan, I'd be pretty comfortable with losing the Gibbs trade, given that Carlton are currently $1.60 favourites for the spoon. I don't have the Crows in the finals this year, but if Carlton swapped pick 1 for pick 8-10 in order to get their hands on pick 19... They get screwed. For X+pick19 = pick 1, X is probably pick 3. I don't have Crows in the bottom 3.

Well then your smugness is probably misplaced.

If I were a Crows fan, I'd be pretty comfortable with losing the Gibbs trade, given that Carlton are currently $1.60 favourites for the spoon. I don't have the Crows in the finals this year, but if Carlton swapped pick 1 for pick 8-10 in order to get their hands on pick 19... They get screwed. For X+pick19 = pick 1, X is probably pick 3. I don't have Crows in the bottom 3.

Well that all ended up about square didn't it. i just wish I could find that post where I said Betts will end up back at Carlton, and got bagged again by Crows fans. Not that I personally want him back. Both sides sacked the coach, from a blues point of view the future looks bright. The Crows look like they are making changes to many positions but the coach will determine if they go the full rebuild or try to top up.

I can't believe what the hiring of collective minds has done to the Crows, I'm not saying that to be a smart A**e but I would be trying to get Ross Lyon, people may not agree but I think he is the stability needed at the crows right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is this even a thread? Who cares about a trade from two years ago between two clubs that can't even make finals?

Both clubs have been stinkers for a while now.

Gibbs got traded from a bottom six team to a bottom 8 team? I guess that makes him the winner in all this.

As a dick measuring competition, this leaves much to be desired.

Well that all ended up about square didn't it. i just wish I could find that post where I said Betts will end up back at Carlton, and got bagged again by Crows fans. Not that I personally want him back. Both sides sacked the coach, from a blues point of view the future looks bright.

Not so fast, son!

Wait until 2021 and Cripps becomes a free agent. We will swoop in and you won't know what hit you.

By time his contract is up in 2021 he would have played 8 or so years of footy in Melbourne and be ready to come home. Plus his cousin plays for us.

Then I'll bookmark your response and bring it up every two years.

Last edited:
By time his contract is up in 2021 he would have played 8 or so years of footy in Melbourne and be ready to come home.

Northhampton?

You’d think it’d be more rewarding and lucrative to continue his career in the AFL rather than playing for his hometown WAFL affiliate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back