I TRIED TO MAKE A NICE AND INTERESTING THREAD AND FREAKS RUINED IT... AGAIN!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
So I watched Back to the Future and what the heck was going on in the 80s?? There was a scene where one of the bad guys is forcing himself on the main character's mum and the movie made it like it was a funny joke. Then at the end of the movie *spoilers* the main bad guy, who is a not-convicted rappist, is hired by the family to polish their cars or whatever. So the guy who tried to force himself on the mother is then entrusted to be around the family home? Was this common practice in the 80s? :eekv1: :embarrassedv1: No wonder Tyler Durden and all the other angry boomers around here turned out so weird. :embarrassedv1: :oops:

Last edited:
And what the heck was going on in the 80s?? There was a scene where one of the bad guys is forcing himself on the main character's mum and the movie made it like it was a funny joke. Then at the end of the movie *spoilers* the main bad guy, who is a not-convicted rappist, is hired by the family to polish their cars or whatever. So the guy who tried to force himself on the mother is then entrusted to be around the family home? Was this common practice in the 80s? :eekv1: :embarrassedv1: No wonder Tyler Durden and all the other angry boomers around here turned out so weird. :embarrassedv1: :oops:

How many Elf cones have you actually smoked tonight? Be honest.

And what the heck was going on in the 80s?? There was a scene where one of the bad guys is forcing himself on the main character's mum and the movie made it like it was a funny joke. Then at the end of the movie *spoilers* the main bad guy, who is a not-convicted rappist, is hired by the family to polish their cars or whatever. So the guy who tried to force himself on the mother is then entrusted to be around the family home? Was this common practice in the 80s? :eekv1: :embarrassedv1: No wonder Tyler Durden and all the other angry boomers around here turned out so weird. :embarrassedv1: :oops:

BTTF is one of my favourite movies and I think you misunderstand.

The moment where the bad guy "Biff" is making a move on Marty's mum (Lorraine) is a very tense moment. I can't see how you could feel how that was a joke. Listen to the music, it is very tense.

Now Marty's dad "George" who's arm Biff is about to break (very tense, not funny, listen to the music), gains the courage to stand up to Biff and punch him unconsciousness, changing the timeline. If you notice at the start of the movie in 1985 Biff is a bully to the older George. After George punches his lights out in 1955 the timline has been changed and Biff is now basically Georges bitch. You'll notice at the end of the movie Biff is now a wimp and George is now a confident guy.

You sure you weren't high?

How about Marty stealing the black man's music and pretending he invented rock-'n'-roll
That's a boomer move
No wonder rappists today are so angry

Interesting take. I depends if you are going by Terminator rules or BTTF rules of time travel.

Terminator rules: you can only travel back but can change the future, it seems like there is only one time line.
BTTF rules: you can travel back and forward but you will be creating multiple timelines.

There is a South Park episode explaining this.

Lorraine was a bit of a family loving whore just quietly.

I'm shocked that Jazny likes a movie that actively promotes incest.

Shocked.

But if you have sex with your mother before you are born is that incest? You didn't exist at the time.

And no, I don't want to have sex with my mother. At any time.

How about Marty stealing the black man's music and pretending he invented rock-'n'-roll
That's a boomer move
No wonder rappists today are so angry

Elvis released his first single, "That's all right" in July 1954, over a year before Marty went to 1955.

Johnny B. Goode was recorded in 1958. 3 years after Marty's visit. A year after Elvis recorded Jailhouse Rock, Don't Be Cruel etc.

As you see in the movie Marvin Berry rings his brother Chuck and tells him the new sound he was looking for. It appears that sound already existed via Elvis.

Now if this was Terminator rules Marty wrote the song. As it is BTTF I assume it is BTTF rules, so did Marty write the song and take it back with him? Unlikely as he says it is an oldey where he comes from. But what does he mean by that? It is ambiguous, did Chuck steal Marty's song? If Marvin Berry hadn't have phoned Chuck with the song would it ever have existed?

Jazny ?

Elvis released his first single, "That's all right" in July 1954, over a year before Marty went to 1955.

Johnny B. Goode was recorded in 1958. 3 years after Marty's visit. A year after Elvis recorded Jailhouse Rock, Don't Be Cruel etc.

As you see in the movie Marvin Berry rings his brother Chuck and tells him the new sound he was looking for. It appears that sound already existed via Elvis.

Now if this was Terminator rules Marty wrote the song. As it is BTTF I assume it is BTTF rules, so did Marty write the song and take it back with him? Unlikely as he says it is an oldey where he comes from. But what does he mean by that? It is ambiguous, did Chuck steal Marty's song? If Marvin Berry hadn't have phoned Chuck with the song would it ever have existed?

Jazny ?
Nobody invented the song because in that timeline, both Marty and Chuck heard it from someone else first!

I can't see how this was made out as a joke Jazny

Nobody invented the song because in that timeline, both Marty and Chuck heard it from someone else first!

Before Marty went back to 1955 the song was a Chuck Berry song.

In 1955 Marty played it before its time (he is probably naive and thought it was the latest hit). Chucks cousin Marvin rang him and told him to listen to the song. Timeline changed. Chuck only heard a bit of the song, not the famous intro riff etc. So it was still a Chuck song as he would have finished it anyway. When Marty returns to 1985 we don't know what happened. I'd say it was still a Chuck Berry song, but it could have been released earlier than before Marty visited 1955.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No because Chuck heard it from Marty. Neither of them invented it.

That would be true if we were using Terminator time travel rules, but this is BTTF rules.

Now that you're sober do you agree the clip above wasn't made out as a joke?

That would be true if we were using Terminator time travel rules, but this is BTTF rules.

Now that you're sober do you agree the clip above wasn't made out as a joke?
It was because it was just in there so Marty's dad can punch him. Then he wasnt reported to the police or anything. He was even Marty's Dad's friend later in the movie...

Stick to Home and Away mate.

Lorraine was a bit of a family loving whore just quietly.

I'm shocked that Jazny likes a movie that actively promotes incest.

Shocked.
After she tried to get with her son, she tried to * an anthromorphic duck in Howard The Duck.

zackah has always struck me as Biff Tannen

OpenConfusedCopperbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back