i want travis johnstone

Remove this Banner Ad

pozzo

Senior List
Sep 13, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
i personally like the way he plays, and would fit in perfectly to our team who struggles for class atm. opinions???

pozzo said:
i personally like the way he plays, and would fit in perfectly to our team who struggles for class atm. opinions???

Travis isn't exactly class. He could probably play a role as our 4th line midfielder i.e. behind Stevens, Campo, Kouta and Scotland all of which are more talented. Might play a useful role across half-back or on the wing, but I wouldn't be trading any early round picks for him. Players such as Waite, Walker, Davies, Norman etc are far more promising :)

parrot said:
Travis isn't exactly class. He could probably play a role as our 4th line midfielder i.e. behind Stevens, Campo, Kouta and Scotland all of which are more talented. Might play a useful role across half-back or on the wing, but I wouldn't be trading any early round picks for him. Players such as Waite, Walker, Davies, Norman etc are far more promising :)

That post proves that you know nothing about football.

TJ is far more talented than Heath Scotland, Campo and Kouta(more of a workhorse these days - still a gun) and is on par with Nick Stevens field kicking wise.

Comparing TJ to Waite, Walker, Davies and Norman is stupid as that is like comparing oranges to apples.

By the way TJ has more skill than all of them although Walker is an excellent young talent.

TJ has far more talent then most of your players

BUT

his preformances arnt as good as that of scotland, campo and stevens etc

you would like him but he wouldnt go for anything lower then a first rounder

dees_best said:
That post proves that you know nothing about football.

TJ is far more talented than Heath Scotland, Campo and Kouta(more of a workhorse these days - still a gun) and is on par with Nick Stevens field kicking wise.

Comparing TJ to Waite, Walker, Davies and Norman is stupid as that is like comparing oranges to apples.

By the way TJ has more skill than all of them although Walker is an excellent young talent.

TJ has been in the system for 6 or 7 years and done bu99er all.
He comes complete with baggage and doesnt demand the respect Melb supporters have for him nor the money.

TheHeatleyStand said:
TJ has been in the system for 6 or 7 years and done bu99er all.
He comes complete with baggage and doesnt demand the respect Melb supporters have for him nor the money.

I'm not a big fan of him but he is definately better skilled than the players mentioned.

Would trade him if it was profitable to the club.

melbournemartin said:
TJ has far more talent then most of your players

BUT

his preformances arnt as good as that of scotland, campo and stevens etc

you would like him but he wouldnt go for anything lower then a first rounder

TJ is better than Scotland, but nothing on Nick Stevens.
Camporeale isn't as good as he used to be in the mid 90s and early 2000s. Right now you could go either way, but Camporeale will be judged the better player over their respective careers. And Camporeale is a premiership player. Melbourne don't win premierships, so unless Johnstone changes clubs he'll retire without one...

Abaddon said:
TJ is better than Scotland, but nothing on Nick Stevens.
Camporeale isn't as good as he used to be in the mid 90s and early 2000s. Right now you could go either way, but Camporeale will be judged the better player over their respective careers. And Camporeale is a premiership player. Melbourne don't win premierships, so unless Johnstone changes clubs he'll retire without one...

I can tell you that Melbourne will have a flag before Carlton.

melbournemartin said:
they will win won before carlton does i can garuntee you that

We will see your past history of having a shocker every 2 yrs may come back and haunt you no such thing as a guarantee

Travis Johnstone hasnt proved anything yet being a No 1 pick about time he stood up and produced for you

And we have one of the best coaches going around just getting the list how he likes it now if u had been as hit as hard as us when u were way over the salary cap so would you struggle as a club

But still glad to say i have seen 1972 1979 1981 1982 1987 1995 and losses in 87 93 and against the kangas so im pretty happy when was your last flag

dees_best said:
How have ya's gone since 2000?

That's what counts.

you are a moron

what counts is premierships ... not cheap talk from a club such as melbourne who is happy enough just to make the finals

win a flag in the modern era and then come and post on this board

melbournemartin said:
they will win won before carlton does i can garuntee you that

LMAO you knob.
Look at melbourne's history. When was the last time the Dees won the flag?
melbourne don't win premierships, Carlton do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lajon said:
you are a moron

what counts is premierships ... not cheap talk from a club such as melbourne who is happy enough just to make the finals

win a flag in the modern era and then come and post on this board

Living in the past.

It's good to have a proud history but what happens in the current season is what you will be judged by.

dees_best said:
How have ya's gone since 2000?

That's what counts.
Since 2000 ?
Hmmmm wasnt that the year you guys were smashed & embarressed on GF day. Oh well another opportunity lost. (not that you've had many in the last 30 years....) :rolleyes:
I mean that was the worst performance by a losing side I can remember since the mid 80's......
even Collingwood put in a better effort last year !

In short it has been a good ride as a Blues supporter, tough years of late, but overall - bloody good.

Seeing as the worst is behind us, & with Pagan at the helm, good times wont be too far away for us.............not like you would know how or what that feels like.

Free Willy said:
Seeing as the worst is behind us, & with Pagan at the helm, good times wont be too far away for us.............not like you would know how or what that feels like.

With a batch of young guns including Rivers, Miller, Davey, Sylvia, McLean and Bell coming through to compliment the likes of Neitz, White, Yze, Bruce, Green, Johnstone, Brown and Bizzell (if he stays) good times have started and success is not too far away.

dees_best said:
Living in the past.

It's good to have a proud history but what happens in the current season is what you will be judged by.

least i have had the chance to see a winning grand final or 5 or 6

you may never get that chance beeen a Carlton supporter since they had that old push back slidin fence at Princes Park Melbourne are like Collingwood promise so much deliver so little when it counts

So yeah proud of our past and looking forward to our future go the Bluebaggers

good to see a thread i began about recruiting travis johnstone to carlton has become nothing more than an argument about who will next win a premiership.

n melbourne, you are dreaming. you watch daniher get sacked next year when u miss out on the finals as u do every second year. this year was ur real chance to win the premiership and you all saw how that finished.

pozzo said:
good to see a thread i began about recruiting travis johnstone to carlton has become nothing more than an argument about who will next win a premiership.

n melbourne, you are dreaming. you watch daniher get sacked next year when u miss out on the finals as u do every second year. this year was ur real chance to win the premiership and you all saw how that finished.

How was 2004 our real chance?

We had basically a 1st year player at CHB and a CHF who had played bugger all games too. Heck we couldn't even afford to get Davey off the rookie list without the help of the coterie group.

We had a ruckman who was constantly being bagged in the media until Round 2 with the so called experts saying we should have traded him while he was of value.

We had came off finishing 14th and then go pumped by Hawthorn in Round 1 - hardly anything to get excited about.

When looking back at our season we did an excellent job to be on top after the ladder after 18 rounds but it was evident by about round 15 that we would run out of legs as the season wore on.

Go figure.

dees_best said:
With a batch of young guns including Rivers, Miller, Davey, Sylvia, McLean and Bell coming through to compliment the likes of Neitz, White, Yze, Bruce, Green, Johnstone, Brown and Bizzell (if he stays) good times have started and success is not too far away.

Viney, Lyon, Stynes, Wilson, Healy's, Flower, Moore etc, etc.....
Ring a bell ???

So these blokes (you mention) are your next generation of Melbourne players who will either never win a flag at the dees or desert your club chasing big bucks elsewhere.

Free Willy said:
Viney, Lyon, Stynes, Wilson, Healy's, Flower, Moore etc, etc.....
Ring a bell ???

So these blokes (you mention) are your next generation of Melbourne players who will either never win a flag at the dees or desert your club chasing big bucks elsewhere.

Say what you like.

We'll see what happens down the track.

Melbourne along with Carlton, Geelong, Saint Kilda and the Bulldogs is a Victorian club who is heading in the right direction.

He has only had one great season and quite a few so so seasons to show for 7 years in the game.

For what we would have to give up to get him, to what he could do for the team he wouldnt be worth picking up.

dees_best said:

Be struggling to make the eight with that list. I think Davey's your most talented. Sylvia and McLean should hopefully become good players in a year or 2. Rivers has exceeded all expectations this year, but struggled toward the end. TJ's a good player but will be never be a star because of limted ability. White's had a fanatastic year. Yze is average. Brown and Bizzell ditto. I suspect TD will try to trade Travis and free up some cash and hopefully attract some talent. Hopefully the Dee's can maintain their spot in the eight, but they'll be struggling because there's not huge room for improvement in the current player list. :)

parrot said:
Be struggling to make the eight with that list. I think Davey's your most talented. Sylvia and McLean should hopefully become good players in a year or 2. Rivers has exceeded all expectations this year, but struggled toward the end. TJ's a good player but will be never be a star because of limted ability. White's had a fanatastic year. Yze is average. Brown and Bizzell ditto. I suspect TD will try to trade Travis and free up some cash and hopefully attract some talent. Hopefully the Dee's can maintain their spot in the eight, but they'll be struggling because there's not huge room for improvement in the current player list. :)

That's your opinion.

And you're entitled to it.

I see a lot more improvement coming in our side.

Davey is a genuine talent but I do not see as much improvement in him compared to the likes of Rivers, Miller, Sylvia, McLean and Bell.

Rivers only struggled towards the end due to being underdone and having some ailments. Regained some form in the last few matches of season.

Limited ability will not prevent TJ from becoming a star, injuries and attitude will.

If you think Adem Yze is average then I really pity you. Yze is one of Melbourne's genuine star players and your lot offered us pick2 a couple of years back for him but we weren't stupid enough to do that as we had a fair idea Carlton had cheated the salary cap.

You are correct in calling Brown an average player. With that being said he is one of the best "average players" in the league.

You haven't seen the best of this side just yet.

:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back